How busy will it be on... ?

Started by roaldbergmann, January 22, 2008, 12:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThBa

Ok...not long ago for us now and I´ve heard different opinions about how busy the week before Easter will be.

What do you think ?

Labyrinth

Any ideas on April 6th to 8th?
Feb 2007- Hotel Newport Bay
April 2013- Sequoia Lodge

grovesie

All,

Any trip that is during a school holiday will be very busy. I have been at Easter, October and August all during the school hiolidays and it has been busy, more so during the weekend.

The best thing to do is make use of the Extra Magic Hours. During the extra hours you will find the following open. Carousel, Flying elephants, Peter pans Flight, Tea Cups and Buzz Light Year.  Each virtually being a straighth walk on.  You can use the time at the end to start queuing for the Princesses Small World. See image below of my kids infront of the castle during EMH in August

Where's everyone by grovesie.i, on Flickr

Save time aswell meet the character in the DLH Tursday to Sunday with the descent Down the Stairs. Several character dance down the reception stairs and the stay for ages to have photos etc. Check times with hotel reception.  See Images below

DSC_8563 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

Hope this helps. DOn't worry about how busy it is, just enjoy the atmosphere

Ian

IrishMinnie

Quote from: "ThBa"Ok...not long ago for us now and I´ve heard different opinions about how busy the week before Easter will be.

What do you think ?

That is when we go too and we have been told that it is one of the quieter times, St Patrick's weekend is mad busy as is Easter and this one falls nicely inbetween!

See you there  :D

pageemma

hey all.  firstly when I was planning my first trip to dlrp well over a year ago the users of this site were extremely helpful and, I am hoping, can be again.  Back then we were easy as to dates as my son, Sam was not yet in school.  We went in mid September (2011) and had an amazing trip.  However he started junior infants last September.  We are in Ireland so finish for the summer holidays  before the UK but, I believe at the same time as Spain and maybe Italy.  Due to the ill health of my mother we will be spending our summer in London and I was hoping to treat my little man to a few days away in Disney (he LOVED it when we went and has been bugging me to go back)  I was thinking of going the first Tuesday to Thursday in July.  Any idea how busy it will be?  Im not too pushed but may have to convince the other half  who got very used to the <30 minute waits we experienced on our first trip.

miss disney fan

Any ideas how busy it will be 2nd week of July, please and thank you

sian,peter

Quote from: "amanda08"
Quote from: "cabsy83"Hi,
*Newbie alert*
Just wondering how busy  16th-22nd May 2013 will be roughly. I have looked and think we just miss any main holidays in central Europe.  We're looking to do a day in Paris so I thought we would go on the busiest day we were there which I assume will be the Saturday and Sunday. I noticed that the sunday is a blackout day for the annual pass- does that mean they expect loads of people?

Thank you in advance for your help!
I am pretty sure that the weekend is a major holiday weekend in France  and remember being told last year to avoid at that time because it can be manic. We have planned our trip with this in mind and are not arriving till 21 because of this. Good luck!
Amanda

hiya were taking my 3 year old and 1 year old, we try to go quite time then relised in the 20th it the bank hoilday were thier till the friday, will it be quite will we be lucky, i hpe so, i missed weekend of purpose lat time we went with my 3 year old we wne t wednesday to sunday september, and it was manic on the weekend so we said we never go, we were tol it be quite in may and now people are say it wont be , just need to plan for kid really, please help thanks,  look like we be going around the same to, hee, finger crossed it be quite,  :D

little tinker fairy

Hi all, new to forum but not to Disney!   :mrgreen:

We plan to go in the scottish school holidays in October this year 7th -11th

I know the English schools are not off then or French..anyone have an idea of how busy it might be???

Aurora1

Quotelittle tinker fairy  
Hi all, new to forum but not to Disney! :mrgreen:

We plan to go in the scottish school holidays in October this year 7th -11th

I know the English schools are not off then or French..anyone have an idea of how busy it might be???

We`ll be there the same time! Will be the 5th time we`ll be there around that time. It is always our first week of school holidays. And it was never extremly busy! Some days even quiterer, like Mondays. There are still queues, for rides like BTM, BUZZ, Crush Coaster,etc, but there are times you can use them without fastpass. We used EMH too.
I love going at that time!

little tinker fairy

Eeeeeeee! Sooooooo excited!!!!!!!!

So are you from scotland too?

Thrills

Anyone have any idea how busy it will be during the second week of October? (8th till 12th) :)

amanda08

@thrills, that is the before the start of French and British school holidays so should not be too busy. Wish we could go then! We are having to go 21st-25th which is during the french half term! :(

little tinker fairy

Quote from: "Thrills"Anyone have any idea how busy it will be during the second week of October? (8th till 12th) :)

you arrive the day after us, hoping it will be quite quiet then, ive checked and the english/french and other surrounding countries are still in school then! :thumbs:

DisneyG83

How busy will it be 16th-20th June?
Any guesses?
Hey There! Hi There! Ho There! It\'s A Disney Kind Of Day!
Just Like We Dreamed It
Do You Believe in Magic?
Magic Everywhere!

Feb. 2003 July 2012 June 2013

SnowboardNW

Hey all!

So I'm a reasonably poor student and found a good offer for the dates of March 31st (2014) to April 4th. So four nights and five days in the park. I was wondering what you guys though. It's two weeks before the French holidays start and I know here in Spain it won't be until probably the 3rd week of April.

Anyone have any ideas as to how busy it might be? Am I missing any other big important holidays in other parts of Europe? Also... unrelated, but I'm horribly afraid of ride closures. I feel like there might be a lot of things closed to prepare for the huge amount of traffic coming later in the month.

Also, I'm curious to know if anyone had any opinions on when the Ratatouille ride is going to premiere. I feel like we would just miss the premiere which would be kind of a bummer.

Thanks for any and all help!