Discoveryland information board...

Started by Kristof, January 20, 2008, 10:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

For some kind of reason they felt an information board was needed at the entrance of Discoveryland, in front of Constellations.

-breeno-

Hmm strange, maybe each land will get one, no real did for an information board in each land but you never know.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Japper

Isn't that the old WDS board? Strange.. I don't think it is needed

Soap

Well i kinda like it, or better said, the idea of de-central placing of the information.
Why walk all the way back to mainstreet for the information, when you are in Discoveryland???
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Kristof

If you're already in Discoveryland, you can go to the rides where all queue lines are mentioned outside.

Soap

Hmmm....didn't think about that..... :?
But still, i don't think it's a bad thing informing people somewhat extra....
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

The Butlin Boy

That's an interesting decision, I wonder if they are planning to put one in all of the other lands too :-k

MadHatter

Somehow it reminds me of the previous sign in studios aswell ;)

Well..Anyway, I don't really see a reason to complain...I don't feel it's needed aswell but it could aswell be used rather then collecting dust somewhere backstage.

Remco K.

Quote from: "MadHatter"Well..Anyway, I don't really see a reason to complain...I don't feel it's needed aswell but it could aswell be used rather then collecting dust somewhere backstage.
I don't agree with you on that one. If we would spread all items laying backstage through the parks, it would be become a complete mess. This board is unnecessary and doesn't fit into the Discoveryland theme.

RnRCj

I don't think this board is needed, but it really isn't anything to complain about. It's just a board, it doesn't dramatically change a visitors experience.

Maarten

Quote from: "Remco K."
Quote from: "MadHatter"Well..Anyway, I don't really see a reason to complain...I don't feel it's needed aswell but it could aswell be used rather then collecting dust somewhere backstage.
I don't agree with you on that one. If we would spread all items laying backstage through the parks, it would be become a complete mess. This board is unnecessary and doesn't fit into the Discoveryland theme.

Exactly my point. Why didn't they locate this board at the entrance of Disney Village? That way they could list all restaurants and bars together with opening times and a plan of Disney Village. With a small make over of the tipboard it should fit Disney Village more then Discoveryland at the moment, and it wouldn't be as unnecessary. Just my two cents.

Kristof

Or what about a board with queue times for WDS?  A bit controversial but it would certainly bring in much needed visitors to WDS on crowded days at DLP.

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Or what about a board with queue times for WDS?  A bit controversial but it would certainly bring in much needed visitors to WDS on crowded days at DLP.
Nice thought. Since both of DLRP's main boards are electronic, it wouldn't be too hard to put some LCD screens in the main resort information board to list queue times at the top attractions of both parks. It'd be a good way to know which park to visit first each morning.

I like the fact that they've used the classic 'D' Discoveryland logo, a lot of the time it feels like they've forgotten what that land is meant to be about. Unfortunately everything else about the style of it is wrong. It's a useful board, since the main one only lists 3 attractions from each land, but it might be better a bit further into the land, nearer Orbitron.

They should set up a mobile internet page listing the latest times from the electronic tips boards...

pjulie75

I am just glad it tells you if Pizza Planet is open or NOT.  We have tried to visit about 7 times during our stays and everytime we got it is CLOSED.  So dissappointing, so it will save us walking all the way around Discoveryland to then discover it is CLOSED.  I think the board is a great idea, and please let Pizza Planet be open when we visit again [-o<  my kids want to go to the indoor play area which would be very handy, especially with wet weather.

Anthony

Quote from: "pjulie75"and please let Pizza Planet be open when we visit again [-o<  my kids want to go to the indoor play area which would be very handy, especially with wet weather.
Aside from the indoor play area, don't get too excited...!