Discoveryland information board...

Started by Kristof, January 20, 2008, 10:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

The play area has been fenced off.  Don't think it will re-open.

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"The play area has been fenced off.  Don't think it will re-open.

Really, for how long? Why would they close it? :?

BuzzLightyear

Quote from: "raptor1982"The play area has been fenced off.  Don't think it will re-open.

Hello, are there any news about the  play area in Pizza Planet?

Cheers
Markus

dagobert

I have seen pictures of the new Discoveryland Information Board and it looks really great. I hope that they will install these boards in every land.

Link:
"Nouveau panneau d'info a Discoveryland"
http://www.disneycentralplaza.com/index.htm

The Butlin Boy

:shock: Wow, really didn't see something like this coming. It looks fantastic! I especially love how it is so Discoveryland, not just futuristic or spacey, but what you'd expect to see back in 1992. Well done Disney, for a truely brilliant addition =D>

BTW, for those of you who can't find the pictures, the links are below :wink:

:arrow: http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/sport/im ... 8.jpg.html
 :arrow: http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/star/ima ... 7.jpg.html
 :arrow: http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/adulte/i ... 4.jpg.html

RnRCj

I just don't get what they're trying to do to Discoveryland. The new Autopia logo suggests they're trying to turn it into a more "Tomorrowland" sort of area, but this suggests they still want the original theme. In my opinion Discoveryland is a bit of a mess at the moment. :?

The board looks really good though!

bigrossco

nice bored and such a good idea
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Patrick

That board looks amazing, I can't believe they went to such a length for what is an information board, didn't even realise it was needed, evidently it was.  Also about generalized tomorowland, I thought that already came with buzz and mission2, so to be honest, I don't mind what they do to discoveryland as long as it looks good :D .

Anthony

HOLY COW!!!! THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I'm literally gobsmacked they made something like that. :shock:

EDL-I immediately deserve far, far more credit than they get. That board is BEAUTIFUL.

And how clever, they've used the same attraction numbers as the park map. And Paris gets a third LCD-screen information board, before the other parks even get one!

Edit: Next an LCD tips board outside the park gates, in place of that useless one next to the flags, please. :wink:

Maarten

Wow, spectacular! This kind of projects show that at least a few of them still get it. The style of the board is perfect... the design, the colours, the fonts etc. Very Discoverylandish! (Okay, just one note, why is the Discoveryland Information sign on top of the structure that large?! That could have been a bit smaller, but well...) :P

By the way, the loaction makes me think aswell, why didn't they place it near Hyperion, Orbitron, Space Mountain fastpass machines etc? Now this tipboard is in a very short walking distance from the Main Street information board, and when you're near Star Tours, it would be a lot easier if the board was at the center of the area. If I were them, I would relocate it.

Anthony

Quote from: "Maarten"(Okay, just one note, why is the Discoveryland Information sign on top of the structure that large?! That could have been a bit smaller, but well...) :P
They messed up the measurements? :P  Yeah, it's quite bold isn't it?

Quote from: "Maarten"By the way, the loaction makes me think aswell, why didn't they place it near Hyperion, Orbitron, Space Mountain fastpass machines etc? Now this tipboard is in a very short walking distance from the Main Street information board, and when you're near Star Tours, it would be a lot easier if the board was at the center of the area. If I were them, I would relocate it.
True, and though it's hard to see, it looks like it's facing into the land, at the back of one of the rocks. That means as you're walking in, you'll probably walk right past it?

The location might make sense though -- the main tips board only has space for 3 attractions from each land. Looking at this, it'll show ALL of them, so it'll be a good guide to see where you should head first when you enter the land.

I guess Frontierland and Adventureland don't have enough queueing attractions to need one?

pussinboots

Quote from: "RnRCj"I just don't get what they're trying to do to Discoveryland. The new Autopia logo suggests they're trying to turn it into a more "Tomorrowland" sort of area, but this suggests they still want the original theme. In my opinion Discoveryland is a bit of a mess at the moment. :?

The board looks really good though!

You've hit the nail on the head. I was thinking the exact same thing. Are people not communicating backstage? On one hand, there's the new Pizza Hut Autopia sign, on the other there's this wonderful thing.

What I'm wondering though, as Anthony said, why does Discoveryland need an information board? And if it does, do the other lands not need one? Very mysterious.

Nicholas-c

Quote from: "Anthony"I guess Frontierland and Adventureland don't have enough queueing attractions to need one?

hmm, Thats a good point, i don't see adventureland ever having one for indy and pirates :P but frontierland it might work as there is a fare few they may need to display info about (E.g the ones down the bottom end by the train station)
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

Riebi

After seeing this new logo of autopia that information board gives me some hope!

It´s really amazing! Can´t believe that the do such a wonderful thing on the one hand and change the autopia logo in this ugly way on the other hand. Haven´t they a general discoveryland imagineer anymore or something like this? SOMEBODY who could say: "This is Discoveryland, this not"

Please DLRP take the advice of the guy who has designed this board.

Generally I like the idea of diffrent boards at every land. It would be nice to know where you can have a short queuing-time at serval corners of the park.
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Anthony

Quote from: "Riebi"Generally I like the idea of diffrent boards at every land. It would be nice to know where you can have a short queuing-time at serval corners of the park.
Now that's a good point. Although I like the way this board makes Discoveryland feel a bit more important and self-contained (for too long now DLRP have been focusing on individual attraction identities in their communication and not on the lands), would it not also make sense to have a board within, say, Frontierland, that also has queue times for attractions elsewhere in the park?

It could be a board like this cycling through each land every 10 seconds, or maybe something like those touch-screen floorplans you get in shopping centres, except with a map of the park and live updated times for all the attractions.

Or just put the times on a mobile internet site, like we keep saying.