World of Disney in Disney Village (Now Open)

Started by Owain, January 06, 2008, 12:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverRogue

Quote from: "dagobert"Do you know what will replace the current Disney Store?

As far as I know, nothing's set in stone yet... I know that there were plans to change all the DV shops when WOD opens, but those plans keep evolving.

15MagicalYears

Hopefully all the stores change, I feel most stores in DV sell the same thing.

Martyn

^ They do sell different stuff, you just have to hunt for them!

So what is the rough plan for the Disney Store's then? New Disney shops or restaraunts? I dont think it would right to get rid of the Disney Store's. After all WoD sells different stuff to them?

RiverRogue

The general idea is that World of Disney will replace the DS as the Village's flagship store -- the one where you can find practically everything. So the other shops would sell much more specific merchandise, either based around one particular line of products or catering to a specific target audience.

Now, like I said, the plans were still evolving last I heard.

Scissorsboi

With World of Disney complete, I'd love to see the current DS be broken into 3 parts, keeping the 'Christmas Store' where it is now, but giving it a proper permanent theme and overhaul, then having the centre section as a D-Street type store focusing on the Vinylmation/Urban/Disney Couture items, a bit of a more edgy shop, and then I'd absolutely love to see the end part becoming a proper Goofys Candy Store.
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Martyn

I thought the WoD store sells much more specific gifts? Stuff that we dont already have in the DS's? I'll miss the miss main DS, love walking through them all. Also love the little train set!

One thing that definitely needs to be done, is sort out that Hollywood store, make it a real WDS Store!

Festival Disney

Some progress on site! Is it me or does that structure look like a chimney? :-k
On the left hand side of the picture, I take it that those portacabins are the site offices?

Source: (c) Mika on DCP http://disneycentralplaza.englishboard. ... 52-320.htm
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Anthony

Here's a picture from ground level:

Source

dagobert

It looks definately like a chimney. Finally there is really some construction. So I wonder why there is still no official press release.

Hathaway Browne

Quote from: "dagobert"It looks definately like a chimney. Finally there is really some construction. So I wonder why there is still no official press release.
It seems Paris is incapable of issuing releases recently. I fail to see the point of not announcing things.

Those construction walls should be plastered with "coming soon" etc.
Marching along, we\'re Adventurers! Singing the Song of Adventurers!
Up or Down, North, South, East or West An Adventurers Life is Best!

Martyn

^ Here here.

paterdave2

I think they wait to announce it at the next share holders meeting.
My own Radiostation on Radionomy. listen to AYFM on: http://ayfmradio.playtheradio.com/index.cfm

Timbo

It won't be a chimney ! , It is probably a reinforced lift shaft or stairwell . They should to more to promote new projects on the hoardings , it gets people   excited about what is coming and encourages guests to return , maybe they are worried the project will be cancelled halfway through , and have to backtrack !!

RiverRogue

Quote from: "Timbo"It won't be a chimney !

Hmm... I'm curious, why do you think it won't be?

DopeyDad

Quote from: "Timbo"It won't be a chimney ! , It is probably a reinforced lift shaft or stairwell . They should to more to promote new projects on the hoardings , it gets people   excited about what is coming and encourages guests to return , maybe they are worried the project will be cancelled halfway through , and have to backtrack !!

sorry, but I don't think people build lift shafts ahead of the building! That is something that is not structurally connected with the building. Say something that rises within a larger room but serves no purpose to the room itself. I think a chimney for the railway is the likely contender.