World of Disney in Disney Village (Now Open)

Started by Owain, January 06, 2008, 12:19:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Columbiad

Out of interest, which character would you like to see on the top?
I think a Jiminy Cricket would be a nice addition, as you would then have Mickey (The DLH Clock, Fantasia Gardens Flowers) Tinkerbell (DLH) and now Jiminy - Disney's three most recognisable mascots.

dagobert

Quote from: "Columbiad"Out of interest, which character would you like to see on the top?
I think a Jiminy Cricket would be a nice addition, as you would then have Mickey (The DLH Clock, Fantasia Gardens Flowers) Tinkerbell (DLH) and now Jiminy - Disney's three most recognisable mascots.

Jiminy would be great. I would prefere the Disney "D" instead of a character. But I doubt that this will happen.

MissTinkerbell

Clearly I wouldn't hate seeing TinkerBell :P  haha, but Jiminy sounds just as good to me :thumbs:
Faith, trust and Pixie dust

Disneyland Paris]

Riebi

Jiminy would work great!  :thumbs:
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

Festival Disney

Some pictures of the fence!  :lol:

Source, Disney Gazette :D
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dagobert

The fences have arrived, so construction will start soon?

By the way, what will get built on the other side of the WoDS? Is this the place for the train station expansion? When will construction start for this building? Is the French Railway Company or Disney responsible for the train station?

Festival Disney

I've read on Pixie Dust and Disney Gazette that some supplies and construction vehicles have started to arrive, so the construction should start really soon :D
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

JelleP

Quote from: "Festival Disney"
Source, Disney Gazette
That store is gonna be huge! :o
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

bigrossco

wow nice to see more progress finaly!

I was amazed when i was there actuly about such big pace and nothing in it!

Dose anyone know whats going on at the fending at the other sied as well looks like something mite be going there or is that for the new hotel thats planned?
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Tuvok

Quote from: "bigrossco"wow nice to see more progress finaly!

I was amazed when i was there actuly about such big pace and nothing in it!

Dose anyone know whats going on at the fending at the other sied as well looks like something mite be going there or is that for the new hotel thats planned?

A new (extended) train station is planned in that location for access to the future Convention Center.
DLRP Fan Blog > The Magic of Disneyland Resort Paris (Dutch DLRP Fan Blog)

bigrossco

ah explains it and looks like they possibly starting that soon as well
BigRossCo

Upcoming Holidays

Past Holidays
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
5th - 12th October 2008 - Santa Fe | My Trip Report]http://bit.ly/cCy0r0[/url] | My Trip
Photos: //http://bit.ly/bFHtog
Feb. 2012 - Florida - Radisson Hotel Orlando-Lake Buena Vista

Martyn

QuoteI loved the former WoDS in New York, but the store in Florida didn't have the charme of a nice Disney store, but that's just my opinion

That could well because it is at a Disney Resort. I find the Disney Stores in the Cities seem to feel a bit more magical, but thats because they're in the middle of a City, not in the middle of a magical resort.

sebassah

Quote from: "Riebi"Myself on top of the disney store ... the power will be mine! :lol:

LOL

If we get a spitting Stich, I want a splash mountian... LOL I mean the splash has to be off most of the time, weather wise... and the same goes for Stich!

dagobert

According to dlp.info the construction wall have moved further into the walk way. So the side entrance to DV next to the Gaumont cinema has been closed of by the construction walls.

There is also a picture of the construction site:
http://www.dlp.info/News/2010/11/world- ... #more-3883

Take a look on the floor in front of the construction walls. Do you think Disney will refurbish the floor while building WoDS?

Martyn

Just think, that nice exterior to the IMAX theatre is hardly going to be seen by anyone from now on!