Studio Tram Tour: Behind the Magic

Started by Kristof, December 07, 2007, 12:04:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_B

Hi All,

I gotta admit as much as I really love the studio tour and always ride it - if they can't add new value ie newer themes the route is so bad. They have the height of excitement really early on ie the canyon and then it goes downhill. They know thats all wrong in terms of tension building. They need to re-theme or re-route for the new visitors.

The imagineers must feel so much pain ...

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

CentralPlazaPerson

Quote from: "Mr_B"Hi All,

I gotta admit as much as I really love the studio tour and always ride it - if they can't add new value ie newer themes the route is so bad. They have the height of excitement really early on ie the canyon and then it goes downhill. They know thats all wrong in terms of tension building. They need to re-theme or re-route for the new visitors.

The imagineers must feel so much pain ...

Mr_B

Or turn the cars around the other way? Start with Reign of Fire and end with Canyon. Is this possible?

SM:M3

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"Or turn the cars around the other way? Start with Reign of Fire and end with Canyon. Is this possible?

i thought that but then the doors to load will be on the wrong side wont they :?:

CentralPlazaPerson

Quote from: "SM:M3"
Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"Or turn the cars around the other way? Start with Reign of Fire and end with Canyon. Is this possible?

i thought that but then the doors to load will be on the wrong side wont they :?:
Yes, I say they would be  :-k I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to make doors on the other side.

dagobert

I think the cars have the doors on both sides, so it should be possible.

Timbo

Quote from: "Adam""If you see a dragon, slay it for me."
I was so disappointed the first time I did the tour as I was expecting to see a huge animatronic dragon rise out of the hole in the ground , in the middle of the elaborate set .Instead just a lot of flames , it would be so much better if they added a dragon , it might actually make more sense to the ride !

Kristof

Since it's a set, I'm sure the dragon is meant to be inserted digitally. :-p

CentralPlazaPerson

Well the fire is coming up from the ground so there would be no need to add a dragon at all. :P

Anthony

Yeah they do, but the problem would probably be the narration/videos. Going to opposite direction, the "welcome aboard the behind the magic tour" wouldn't have even finished playing by the time you reached Reign of Fire. The Star Cars commentary would have to be played as you were returning back, and the trams would have to cross paths twice at each end (I don't think they can drive the wrong way into the setpiece scenes).

CentralPlazaPerson

Quote from: "Anthony"Yeah they do, but the problem would probably be the narration/videos. Going to opposite direction, the "welcome aboard the behind the magic tour" wouldn't have even finished playing by the time you reached Reign of Fire. The Star Cars commentary would have to be played as you were returning back, and the trams would have to cross paths twice at each end (I don't think they can drive the wrong way into the setpiece scenes).

2 ways to solve this problem- edit the video so they will play in the right order

or

Get new narrators

there is probably other ways but this is probably the main two.

Timbo

Quote from: "CentralPlazaPerson"Well the fire is coming up from the ground so there would be no need to add a dragon at all. :P
It could just be a gas pipe that has exploded as well , or some one having a rather large barbecue ! :?

CentralPlazaPerson

Quote from: "Timbo"or some one having a rather large barbecue ! :?

In the middle of a destroyed London?  :?

Martyn

I kind of got a bit pleased when I found out that the Tram Tour was to close for 2 months, but now I get the feeling its just to spruce up Catastrophe Canyon, as that is in a right state! Its more black than brown now.

IMO, it needs to go, its had its day now. Its even more boring than normal with the new route, and nothing to look at, apart from fences, with the narrators talking about random things that are nowhere in sight.

davewasbaloo

Yep, all so they can build a real waste of space with TPL Gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I like the tram tour, I think it get's the point across. I will be interested (and hopeful) they do something better with it when the kidsland opens. But the Canyon and Reign of Fire sets are awesome.
since 2001 (many before that)

Martyn

Yeah Catastrophe Caynon is awsome, and Reign of Fire LOOKS awsome, but they need to add more to that scene in IMO.