Trip Report 17th - 21st September 2007

Started by Anonymous, September 23, 2007, 09:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Those pics of me on the last day look a bit dodgy. It looks as though I haven't shaved, and I wasn't going to when I was thinking of coming straight home, but when I decided to go and meet some Princesses, I made a point of shaving so I'd look a bit more presentable. Unfortunately it didn't work!  :roll:

I think my best photo was the one with Belle on the Wednesday, I look quite presentable on that - which is a bit strange as I'd been crying my eyes out all night beforehand and all morning.

Looking forward to meeting more Princesses in March though!  :D  8)

I've actually just e-mailed DLRP, and I hope this message gets through to them. I really can't ever thank them enough for what they did for me that week.

QuoteHi
I was at Disneyland Paris for the week commencing 17th September, 2007. This was my fourth holiday at DLRP.

Just before I went, my Mum had taken ill, and while I was there, I received bad news about her condition. I was alone in the resort that week, and I did not know if she would survive until I returned home. I'm sorry to report that my Mum did pass away a week ago on Sunday.

However, while I was at DLRP, I had a lot of support from a couple of castmembers. Luc and Daphne, who arranged a special VIP tour for me the day I received the news. Luc spent a long time listening to me and helped me get my head straight and continue.

They arranged a meeting with Belle for me, who was enchanting (Belle is my favourite Disney character).

They arranged so much for me, and made it a magical day, and I can't ever thank them enough. Not just Luc and Daphne, but all the castmembers who touched my life that day.

I said that when I got back I would upload my photo's and send a link through for any castmembers who may wish to see them.

I'm a member of a DLRP forum. You can see the pictures, and a trip report, in this thread.

viewtopic.php?t=3254

Please pass this e-mail on to City Hall, and circulate it amongst your castmembers.

The link also shows my MySpace account, and you have my e-mail address here. Anyone who wants to e-mail or message me is perfectly welcome to do so, I'd love to hear from some of the people who make the magic work at DLRP.

I am returning to DLRP next March, I'll be there for my birthday, and can't wait to experience the magic again, but I don't think anything will ever match the magical experience you all showed me last time.

Best wishes

Paul

I really hope that people who touched my life, and who appear in these photo's get to see this thread.

Anonymous

Just uploaded some more pics tonight. These are all from day 1. Think of them as the outtakes if you will...

No particular order...

Anonymous

More 'outtakes'...

RnRCj

Even your "Outtake" photos are great :D :P

mtt

thanks for more pics
dlp nov 98, feb 99, sept 07, sept 2008
wdw 95,97,2000,2002,2005

The Butlin Boy

As RnRCj said :wink:

Anonymous

Thanks, I'm still not really into posting on the forum as I was before, as yet - still alot of stuff to get used to at home, so I'll probably just keep posting the photo's for a bit.

Disneyana

What a wonderful report. It's so nice what the CMs did to you. I'm sure it must have been magical, even if it turned out because of the sad circumstances. but I'm glad you had those great oppertunitys and wow you have so many Princess pics. And I love the many photos you took from yourself. They all look very beautiful and I'm sure your mother would have liked them very much. And maybe she really is looking down on them and I'm sure she smiles at you, because they make her happy.  :wink:  Your trip just shows how much Disney means, for most at times when it's really hard to go on. I just loved reading your report and it makes me happy that you got that special treatment. Such a big Belle fan really needed to meet her, get photos and be totally enchanted.  :wink: And the photos are all so beautiful, I hope we will see even more of them ?!
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Anonymous

The final pics from my first day.

Anonymous

More 'outtake' pics, this time from Day 2.

RnRCj

I don't know how you consider all those outtake pics - They're absolutely brilliant :D

Disneyana

WOW ! All the pics are so great and wonderful. How can you call them outtakes ?! I love the ones of Mary Poppins.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Anonymous

Well, when I say outtakes, they are the one's that didn't make my album. I buy a 200 photo album when I go to DLRP, and so 200 prints over the week are selected to go into that. About 600 or more pictures don't make the album, so they're outtakes.

:)

Actually, I selected the wrong pic for one of those Mary Poppins ones and it's the one that actually made the album.

Anonymous

This was the Mary Poppins shot I mean't to post the other day.

And the rest of the 'outtakes' from Day 2. Lots more OUADP pics.

Soap

What a load of pictures  :shock:  Great to share Prince!!!  :D
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney