Star Tours enhancement/upgrade (EEP)

Started by Anthony, April 23, 2005, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

*TIMMIE*

That's a real shame. I really hoped this would come. Star Tours need an update in many ways.

DGRavenswood

I'd like to be on record as the first person in this thread to say "whew!"

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the prequels... ;)

More seriously, let's not forget that we weren't getting Captain EO back either. Plans can change, especially if Star Tours 2 proves to be a huge hit. Seeing that it takes relatively little time to convert (as opposed to building an entirely new attraction), I wouldn't count it out completely, regardless of current plans.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

*TIMMIE*

True, but it is sad DLP always have to wait years for updates/upgrades/new rides. It is a bit frustrating. Especially when Phillip Gass states there is enough money for debts and investments (true or not), and it is so needed in our main park.

DGRavenswood

Oh, I completely understand why people are disappointed! And while I agree that Disneyland Park could use a new attraction, wouldn't it be even better if they actually added one rather than replace an existing one, as that is essentially all they have been doing at our first park since 1995?
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

*TIMMIE*

True. I would LOVE Indy, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Splash Mountain, Centre of the Earth or an exclusive like Geyser Mountain. Besides I would love some upgrades like Captain EO a lot faster, than many years later or never. As you said... You never know.

torillien

Gah .. was looking forward to the DLP update .. I hope they don't close startours .. Its my favourite ride
Self confessed Eeyore nut, IT Geek, IBM Champion, and Disney addict
WDW - Feb 2013 - Pirates at the Caribbean Beach

DLP - March 2012 - Disneyland Hotel, WDW - January 2012 - Swan Restort, DLP - June 2011 - Sequoia Lodge, WDW - January 2011 - Dolphin, DLP - November 2010 - Sequoia Lodge

Josh

I don't think there's any chance that they'll close it! :) ... Well, except (hopefully) for a refurbishment.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

lil-shawn

Bad decision, very bad decision...
Star Wars is coming back 2012 to Cinemas in 3D. And i think it will make good money.
now if DLP would update ST to the new Adventures than it could draw in more People.
Another proof that Phillip Gas needs to go.

Maybe ST 2 is to much Thrill and we all know that Disney is a park for Kids, and just for them.
Will we get an updated Space Mountain so that 2 year old kids can ride it? Maybe we also will get
the new random programm for TOT where the Lift will be as fast as a real one..

dagobert

Quote from: "lil-shawn"Bad decision, very bad decision...
Star Wars is coming back 2012 to Cinemas in 3D. And i think it will make good money.
now if DLP would update ST to the new Adventures than it could draw in more People.
Another proof that Phillip Gas needs to go.

Maybe ST 2 is to much Thrill and we all know that Disney is a park for Kids, and just for them.
Will we get an updated Space Mountain so that 2 year old kids can ride it? Maybe we also will get
the new random programm for TOT where the Lift will be as fast as a real one..

And they will add a lot of toons to all rides so that they are even more suitable for small kids.

lil-shawn

Yeah maybe Ratatouille (if getting built) will be an very slow ride system and the Rats are going to sing like
in Its a smal world LOL

dagobert

According to the new D23 magazine, there will be 54 different story combinations for each four-and-a-half-minute ride aboard the Starspeeder 1000.

The story will take place between Episode III and IV, that's why Rex, the pilot, was replaced by C-3PO, because Rex mentions in the current attraction that it is his first flight and the current ride takes place after Episode IV.

The new version includes a trip INSIDE the Death Star and guests will encounter some Star Wars characters, like Darth Vader, Princess Leia, Yoda, Boba Fett, Chewbacca, Stormtroopers, Admiral Ackbar and Jar Jar Binks.

Now I really hope that one day that attraction will come to DLRP.

peter

surely things like this and adding jack sparrow to POTC would be perfect for the 20th

spicy

I'm actually a fan of keeping the rides original, although I'm sure Star Tours 2 will be immense it makes DLP's unique in that it will be the only original Star Tours left. (I'm guessing DLP will be the last park to get Star Tours 2)

As for PoTC even though the Jack Sparrow animatronic is the most impressive I have ever seen, I still would rather it stayed original the way that Walt designed it to be.

davewasbaloo

Ah, but PotC is the most different from the way walt designed it. Disneyland in California is the only one to have his approved designs (albeit modified with Jack Sparrow and co.)
since 2001 (many before that)

CafeFantasia

I'm totally not a fan of Disneyland Park (in Paris) staying exactly the same way. Disneyland isn't supposed to be a museum. It's supposed to be a living breathing thing that evolves and improves over time. Sure, attractions changing for the worse is a bad thing. But if the attractions get BETTER, what's wrong with that?

So bring on the enhancements to Phantom Manor, Pirates of the Caribbean and Star Tours, I say.