Star Tours enhancement/upgrade (EEP)

Started by Anthony, April 23, 2005, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

That's indeed a great commercial. We had already a discussion about this one and other commercials in the US Star Tours II topic in the international thread. It is so much better than all DLRP commercials of the recent years.

I also don't understand why ED SCA doesn't want to invest in Star Tours II. Lucasfilm brings Star Wars back to the big screen and all six movies will be released for the first time on BluRay. It would be the perfect moment to bring the ride to Paris.

I think we compare TSPL with other attractions, because Disney spent a lot of money on that land and in my opinion it is one of the worst cost/benefit investment of Disney.

By the way take a look at this article. Alain Littaye has posted an article about a fantastic Star Wars ride concept, which wasn't designed by WDI:
http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2011/ ... rring.html

Lorum

People are talking about the imminent closure of Captain EO.

The new expansion of Discoveryland is supossed to be named "Star Tours Land", completed in 2015 and is rumored to consist of:

· Star Tours 2: The Adventures Continue.
· La Cantina Restaurant (supposed to replace Buzz Lightyear Pizza Planet).
· Jedi Training Academy (new attraction inside HISTA building).
· A new attraction (?).

I've made a beautiful map lol.

Left green area = 1,44 Ha = 14.000 m2 approx.
Right green area = 0,5 Ha = 5.000 m2 approx.

Let's comment!
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Robert97

Quote from: "Lorum"People are talking about the imminent closure of Captain EO.

The new expansion of Discoveryland is supossed to be named "Star Tours Land", completed in 2015 and is rumored to consist of:

· Star Tours 2: The Adventures Continue.
· La Cantina Restaurant (supposed to replace Buzz Lightyear Pizza Planet).
· Jedi Training Academy (new attraction inside HISTA building).
· A new attraction (?).

I've made a beautiful map lol.

Left green area = 1,44 Ha = 14.000 m2 approx.
Right green area = 0,5 Ha = 5.000 m2 approx.

Let's comment!

Sounds good, will be interesting to see if this comes true.

Glstitch

People going nuts these days....

|Q|

For what i've read on DCP (google-translated), they say the cantina (super awesome) restaurant would go in the former captain eo theater, and the Jedi Training Academy show will be held at the Videopolis Theatre (meh).

Whyle i'm joyfyl of more (and cooler) Star Wars in the park (and for how much is needed a revamp back there), actually i'd really prefer a world where a proper Star Wars Land in the Studios with the new Star Tours, Mos Esley with the cantina and some walk through attraction (and of course the relocated X-Wing), and later on, with no hurry, when the new Soarin Over the World is available, our Da Vinci based Soarin' in the back of Discoveryland, fitting just in in the theme of the land. But i don't see them demolish a building to built the same building in the park next door, lol.

Q

Columbiad

This rumour crushes all my hopes of a Discoveryland thats on par with DisneySea's Mysterious Island and Port Discovery - Star Wars belongs in the Studio! Give me Vinci or Verne or Wells any day!

I'd love it if the entrance side of Space Mountain represented a space-port and the other side (the EO side) was to represent the destination, (which would make sense for quests disembarking from SM in an alien planet.) I'll love to see a strange new word, made to look although it had been colonised by these Victorian retro-future folk. I imagine a landscape of the typical Discoveryland rock, populated with glass domes. With it's steam-punk feel, the Disneyland RR train passing through would feel right at home, as opposed to that messy Star Wars themed building.

It's also a strange time to build a Star Wars land - unless it would coincide with a film re-release. I feel about this the same way I feel about the whole Star Wars franchise - that it's a cow thats continuously over-milked.

CafeFantasia

I really don't believe these rumours about Star Wars Land. But, if it happens, fantastic. It sounds like a really good idea.

Lorum

I don't want Discoveryland to be destroyed. There are several ways of expanding a park. They should think of "The Little Mermaid", "Splash Mountain".
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

CafeFantasia

But this idea is quite clever. Star Tours clearly needs updating to Star Tours 2, and Captain EO is set to close with no obvious 3D film to replace it. So a great solution is to tie the whole area together with a Star Wars ride, show and restaurant.

lauralouisemidwinter

Quote from: "Lorum"I don't want Discoveryland to be destroyed. There are several ways of expanding a park. They should think of "The Little Mermaid", "Splash Mountain".

Amen :)
I this before they start adding new 'Lands' we should finnaly be give Splash Mountain ( Disney Anahime version) and DEFFINATLY The Little Mermaid :)
Laura Louise

My yesterday is your today, My today is your tomorrow.

DLP - 2011 - May/June - Santa Fe
DLP - 2012 - February - Santa Fe - VERY COLD
DLP - 2013 - March - Santa Fe
DLP - 2014 - September Santa Fe - CAN'T WAIT

Columbiad

Quote from: "Alan"But this idea is quite clever. Star Tours clearly needs updating to Star Tours 2, and Captain EO is set to close with no obvious 3D film to replace it. So a great solution is to tie the whole area together with a Star Wars ride, show and restaurant.

But why continue to fill a land with material that isn't theme-perfect and when there is plenty other material to draw on that better fits the theme of the land? Keep Star Tours and upgrade it - I'm happy with that. But adding more (I feel) would be sacrificing the brilliant, unique design and concept that Discoveryland has.

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

As a huge lifelong Star Wars fan I'd be thrilled if this happened, but where would they have suddenly got the money to process this when Ratatouille was such a chore to push through?
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

dagobert

Quote from: "Columbiad"But why continue to fill a land with material that isn't theme-perfect and when there is plenty other material to draw on that better fits the theme of the land? Keep Star Tours and upgrade it - I'm happy with that. But adding more (I feel) would be sacrificing the brilliant, unique design and concept that Discoveryland has.

In my opinion Discoveryland was ruined in 2005 with the addition of Buzz Lightyear. I know many will disagree, but that ride shouldn't be there. It is a nice attraction and I also enjoy it, but WDI should have put it into WDSP.

A Star Wars mini land would be nice, because that area behind SM feels like a dead zone. But didn't Mr. Gas say in a round table discussion last year that he doesn't want to spend so much money just for a revamp of an existing ride. According to him guests are still fine with Star Tours. A Star Wars mini land without ST II wouldn't make any sense. If it's just another meet and greet I really don't need it.

Disney should also get rid of that ugly Toy Story restaurant. And one day I hope WDI will add Tourney to the Centre of the Earth behind SM. It would fit so perfectly into the Discovery theme. I know it's just wishful thinking, but that ride would make so much sense in Discoveryland. Disney should also retheme SM back to De La Terre A La Lune with that fantastic soundtrack.
Buzz Lightyear sould be moved to the Studios, because in my opinion that attraction ruins the look of Discoveryland. It just doesn't fit the visionary theme. It could be replaced with a wonderful Jules Verne inspired restaurant.

As long as there is no official announcement, any CM confirmation or construction, I doubt that the Star Wars mini land is coming.

littlemermaid83

I'm so against a Stars War land!
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

BadKid

Quote from: "Lorum"I don't want Discoveryland to be destroyed. There are several ways of expanding a park. They should think of "The Little Mermaid", "Splash Mountain".

I agree.
"You laugh at me because I\'m different. I laugh at you because you\'re all the same."
-Lady Gaga?

(icon from Formspring)