Next year's "theme"??

Started by Kristof, July 30, 2007, 07:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masamune

:P Hehe, thanks guys.

*Is just trying to think of other mad characters to base things around*

~ :D There could be another parade/show that is based around Topsy-Turvy day from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Lots of colours, stilt walkers, jugglers and that sort of thing.

~ Of course, they would finally have to have a Cheshire Cat character running around. :lol: He could randomly turn up at Alice's Curious Labyrinth and let the kids chase him around before he eventually stops out the exit (or the 3 chairs outside the exit) for a proper meet and greet.

treble

Quote from: "tubbsy"But that did get me thinking... There could be a character with a mile stone brithday next year. Its 70 years since Snow White and the Seven Dwarves was released this year, but you know what I mean.
ahh yeah mr Main Mouse himself is 80 next year right? That would be great, a huge birthday party for mickey!

:mickey2: i think we have our theme. we would love to join mickey on his 80th birthday :mickey2:
just like alice you\'re in wonderland

Disneyana

I like the idea of the turn back the time theme. Then they could bring back the wonderful show "Le livre de magique". But a big Birthday Party for Mickey would cool too. The idea with the Mickey through the years statues is so cool. For Mickey's Birthday they could decorate the Main Street with it. Some nice banners of him at the lampposts too. And then maybe a little Birthday ceremonie for him, where all his friends come to bring him presents and a cake.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

madame_leota

aww yeah that would be lovely, a pirthday party for mickey and totaly stealing masamune's idea  :oops:  (because its such a good one! :D ) they could get kids from the park to join in his birthday party on the stage! would be so sweet! and the kids get a little present each and a slice of mickeys birthday cake!! :D

they could show plane crazy and steamboat willie and stuff in videopolis and have loads of merch of mickey and co back in the day!!

having turn back the time and mickeys 80th would fit together well so they could do a 2 in 1

treble

i like the kids and cake idea :stitch:

http://www.TickerFactory.com

Crush_Love

me too^^
DLRP, là où les rêves deviennent réalité

tubbsy

Disneyland Paris 10th Birthday celebrations they had a show and chose children from the audience to sit on the cake.

Not a good picture, but Steph is sat on the very left behind Mickey. Steph loved being part of the show. A really simple idea, but it gets al the kids involved.

Then in the parade there was another cake with a child sat with a chef. How cool would that be?

Obviously they'd expand on the ideas.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

TowMater

Quote from: "benjy"I think they should pick a film every year for there theme

I have to agree with you there.

How about a Lion King theme next year.

As the attractions:

Simbabration
Join Simba and his jungle friends as they start the jungle celebration with music from the 3 films.

Meet-n-Greet Simba & Nala
This may be a bit freaky, Just like Lucky the Dinosaur in Disney's Animal Kingdom, Instead will have Simba & Nala intracting with the guests throughout their meet and greet times.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Anonymous

Well, I'm always surprised that they don't showcase whatever the current Platinum Edition DVD is a bit more at the resort.

Last couple of times I've been, I'd have thought there might have been more to do with Lady and the Tramp, The Little Mermaid and Peter Pan, but they don't seem to bother.

:?

treble

Quote from: "Dark_Prince"Well, I'm always surprised that they don't showcase whatever the current Platinum Edition DVD is a bit more at the resort.

Last couple of times I've been, I'd have thought there might have been more to do with Lady and the Tramp, The Little Mermaid and Peter Pan, but they don't seem to bother.

:?
i agree they could do a lot more film related merchandise both in the stores and in the park :pluto:

Disneyana

I remember the early years of DLP. At this time they always had a little parade for the new released cinema movies. There was one for Hercules, Pocahontas and Hunchback of Notre Dame. I don't understand why they were not doing this anymore.  :cry:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Xinda

Yeah I also remember those parades, they were absolute fantastic. I loved theme.

I don't understand it either. Does anyone know why they don't do this anymore?

I think it would be great if they would do that again.
So you would have automatically a new theme every year.
Dead man tell no tales

madame_leota

Quote from: "TowMater"How about a Lion King theme next year.

they did that the first year i went (2004) the lion king carnival. they had a big show in central plaza and stuff with decortaions through adventure land and main street. Twas cool. i would love to see the show again because i didnt record it and it was brill! I cant even find it on you tube

TowMater

Quote from: "madame_leota"
Quote from: "TowMater"How about a Lion King theme next year.

they did that the first year i went (2004) the lion king carnival. they had a big show in central plaza and stuff with decortaions through adventure land and main street. Twas cool. i would love to see the show again because i didnt record it and it was brill! I cant even find it on you tube

Have you tried Dailymotion?

Everyone - There was even a Aliddin, Lion King and Toy Story parades also.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

15MagicalYears

I would love Mickey to be next years celebration!  :D
I just think he should be on top of the list for a year :)