Wishes fireworks 2007

Started by always_magic, July 05, 2007, 11:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

always_magic

Wishes Nighttime Spectacular
15th July to 26th August 2007

I wish I may, I wish I might... Wishes are granted every night, bursting into the nighttime sky as fantastical fireworks and magical projections.

» Guide, Tips & Photos
» Photos Magiques Gallery

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everybody!

Anyone knows if wishes fireworks this year will be diferente because of the 15th anniversary?

Atlantica

Is there always a fireworks display? Because in Feb of this year, I'm sure there wasnt!

Kristof

Wishes is only performed during the summer season.  On certain occassions (like St-Patricks Day, Halloween Soiree etc.) there's a special fireworks performance.

joe

Hopefully theres a little something extra thrown in! :) extra finale or something, that would be cool!

Did anyone else notice that last year there were far more fireworks added into wishes that the first year it ran at paris? If you compare videos from both years, its quite obvious that lack of fireworks in the opening year. Maybe they'll add even more this year? guess we'll have to wait and see!

coruscantpt

Quote from: "joe"Hopefully theres a little something extra thrown in! :) extra finale or something, that would be cool!

Did anyone else notice that last year there were far more fireworks added into wishes that the first year it ran at paris? If you compare videos from both years, its quite obvious that lack of fireworks in the opening year. Maybe they'll add even more this year? guess we'll have to wait and see!

Yes I 've seen images from 05 and 06 and there are big differences. Hope they add more effects this year. And a greater finale than last year.
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Anthony

Since the projections (probably) won't be coming from the hub anymore, that's where I'd like to see some improvement.  One particular thing from the 15th launch was very very cool - a moving video projection of the red carpet wrapping itself around the Castle.  If they could redo the projections of Wishes to be that quality, then wow.  At the moment they sometimes look a little bit too much like Powerpoint presentations (mainly Jiminy floating down :lol: ).

Since Candleabration is at 23.00 and Wishes at 23.15, the two will be practically joined anyway, so regular guests will see it as a 15th Anniversary display.

seanmartina

i think the projections are still coming from the hub, there is doors on the stage so the projections will come from that.. i seen it last year what a great show... hope they can improve the projections so it will make it even better...

2 weeks tomorrow until i can judge for myself.. cant wait..

pink

do they have fireworks every day or just on the special days? we go on the 24th and my daughter [and me] are really looking forward to the fireworks and would be very upset if there arent any :shock:

coruscantpt

There will be fireworks every night starting 15th July till 26th August. So you will see it :)
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

pink

Quote from: "coruscantpt"There will be fireworks every night starting 15th July till 26th August. So you will see it :)

:D great thanks :D

Anthony

It's interesting this new press release mentions "video projection" constantly, don't you think?  I wouldn't say that the show of the past 2 years could be called "video projection" unless they're being very generous. They've never said Wishes has video projections before...

Maybe a change, then? Let's not get too hopeful, but hey - seeing what 2007 has brought already, anything is possible these days. :shock:

'Wishes' video projection and fireworks Nightly

The power of a wish combines with magical moments from cherished Disney films and dazzling pyrotechnic effects to create "Wishes," the biggest, boldest fireworks show ever presented for Disneyland Park guests.

Narrated by the Blue Fairy and Jiminy Cricket, who memorably served as Pinocchio's conscience in Disney's animated masterpiece, the 8-minute story-in-the-sky spectacular tells a thrilling, heart-tugging tale about making a wish come true. Will Pinocchio become a little boy and Cinderella find her true love?

With video projections and fireworks, "Wishes" takes guests through treasured tales of adventure and romance from classic Disney films, accompanied by brilliant bursts of colour and light above, and around, Sleeping Beauty Castle. The show ends every evening in the Disneyland Park from 15th July to 26th Aug.

coruscantpt

Maybe they took out the lasers from the castle because of the dwarfs statues. Maybe we will have only the videos and not the lasers coming from the castle

Kristof

The laserbox is already present since they installed the dwarfs!

coruscantpt

ups sorry didn't know that :oops:

Kristof

It's hard to spot since they painted it Castle Pink.  :wink: