Wishes fireworks 2007

Started by always_magic, July 05, 2007, 11:40:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

QuoteOn the other hand, there live people very near disneyland in california, and there they dont have problems with the big firewprks at all.

I'll look for that article I've once posted here on the magicforum about the people who live behind Disneyland California.  It wasn't positive at all.

Anthony

And don't forget they didn't live there when the park opened. The whole of the city around Disneyland seems to be because of Disneyland, so the resort has much more power than DLRP has.

davewasbaloo

Since I come from California, I find the paultry fireworks display and lack of them a real let down at DLP.  For most of you who only really know DLP, not a prob.  But for me, it was always a key highlight for a visit to DL.  In 1992, the fireworks at DLP were on par with the rest of the parks around the globe.  But now?  Well instead of DLP getting all of our Disney money, they only get a 3rd.  We go to California or WDW to get our pyro fix.

Sadly, as much as I love DLP, I really struggle with it.  The Disney difference has always been around live entertainment (thankfully better this year), friendly cast members (better than previous years) and amazing fireworks (DLP tries, but sadly does not always deliver).

A real shame.  And ironically, DLP charges twice as much nearly during Wishes as other times of the year.  So we can go to DL or WDW off peak and see the fireworks for less than DLP. I find it very frustrating since DLP is the easiest to get to.
since 2001 (many before that)

coruscantpt

Well I don't think you can tell if a firework is good or not only because it has, or not, big fireworks. For example, in Tokyo they are allowed to have big shells but the show itself is very poor. I prefer wishes at DLRP with no big explosion than Disney magic in the sky in Tokyo.
As for both wishes, in Orlando and Paris, i think we have to see them as different shows, only with the same music. If you never saw the original one you will like the Paris one very much. It's different not relying only on fireworks but also the projections and lasers.
The only thing i pity in paris is not having fireworks all year, or at least during christmas also. It would be great to see them coming back during that time of year
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Filip

I think that the big shell fireworks does make a big difference... I think that if even 3 big shells were fired up during classic DLP wishes finalle, people would be really wowed. I think it makes a difference and most of the people is waiting for that. Although they are satisfied with the current DLP wishes. Everybody knows  for example the Disney Pictures Logo, old or new, and everybody knows Disney for its fireworks, and somewhere back in the head know that he/she saw the big fireworks with Disney... I think that by having eg-3shells in the finalle, would not cost much.... and it would be really perfect, and poeple would say, wow the show was perfect. now it is good, but not the "perfect". I just hope that someday this will be solved...

Filip

By the way, I would love to go on christmas (never was), but i dont just because of the lack of fireworks, as i am used to them. I though i would take friends with me that never went to Disney before, but then i though to wait till summer, so they see the fireworks as Disney standard.
I think This is bad for DLP. They could have much more people comming during Christmas....
And come someone answer me if i am right to wait till summer with the new people? thanks

Kristof

Quote from: "Filip"would not cost much....

Did you even read my post that I made a few hours ago?   :lol:

There's a court verdict that forbids DLRP to use any noisy fireworks shells at Disneyland Park on a daily base.  Only a few exception are allowed, for which a permission is needed by the major of the town behind Fantasyland.

Edit: please no double posts.  Next time use the edit button of your first post.

Anthony

Filip, rather than post twice in a row, just click "edit" on your first post. :wink:

I agree they should look into having fireworks over Christmas again, since it's easily as busy as Summer and dark enough. Just the two weeks around Christmas and New Year would be great.

Filip

Sorry :)  I am just sad that they didnt do anything about that

coruscantpt

Quote from: "Baloo"I agree they should look into having fireworks over Christmas again, since it's easily as busy as Summer and dark enough. Just the two weeks around Christmas and New Year would be great.

Yes I agree with you. They even have fantillusion back for the christmas season. It would be great to have fireworks at that time
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

davewasbaloo

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quote from: "Filip"would not cost much....

Did you even read my post that I made a few hours ago?   :lol:

There's a court verdict that forbids DLRP to use any noisy fireworks shells at Disneyland Park on a daily base.  Only a few exception are allowed, for which a permission is needed by the major of the town behind Fantasyland.

This is what is really depressing.  Knowing that even if the resort was booming, they could still not have loads of fireworks above the castle.  It really makes me mad  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Such a poor decision.  Well if the 3rd gate ever get's built, because it's a different set of villages, it does make me wonder if we will get a great pyro show over there.  As long as the folks at Bailly Romanvilliers don't complain.

davewasbaloo

The Christmas Fireworks were very good, even without being big.  I do really think the firework issue is a big down point for DLP.

coruscantpt

I guess they could relocate the fireworks to the lake again in order to use the big shells. It's the only way I can think off. Something like Illuminations. But I think it works better behind, or next to, the castle.

The Butlin Boy

According to La Rouquine on DCP, 2008 could see the last year of Wishes:

QuoteThe list of the rehabilitations 2008 was updated. With the menu:
Potential Good bye of Disney Cinema Parades and Wishes.
Good-bye in Toon Train and Alpha bêbette you are.
And welcome with The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror and Stitch (Live or Encounter, it is with the choice!)

Anyone know anymore?

:arrow: Link

Translated on babelfish

Anthony

I was thinking 2007's would be the last... especially considering the newest brochures don't mention the word "Wishes" at all. All they say is something along the lines of "special fireworks to end the day" for Summer, whereas last year they aways mentioned the Wishes title.