PanoraMagique Balloon

Started by Anthony, March 15, 2005, 02:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flor

The last 3 days (7_8_9 April) there was no PanoraMagique in the air. ;-)

Anthony

:shock: Really?  Was that due to bad weather?

It's annoying how it seems to have been open for the past 2 weeks and then it's closed on the day it's actually meant to be open!  :roll:

flor

Thursday and Friday it was raining in the afternoon (but not before noon)
and Saturday it was shiny but very very cold.

Willem

I've been told there was too much wind for PanoraMagique the last days. Anyway, today is was open again. BTW: heard there was an opening ceremony with mickey and minnie.
Dream your dreams...

Anthony

Has anyone been on PanoraMagique yet?  I've heard surprisingly little feedback for such a prominent new attraction in the resort.  I only hope this is just all the fans spending all their time at SM:M2 and not just that no-one wants to go on it.  Hopefully the weather isn't causing too many problems...

By the way, there's a new Disney Village map now, featuring both PanoraMagique and the IMAX *PLUS* (most exciting of all) The World's Most Beautiful Parking Lot™.  The old parking lot has been covered over with a bit of fading and green, leaving the path over the bridge by the marina simply leading nowhere... lol

If anyone's interested I'll post it.  :wink:

Sweet Laker

I was in the parc the 10th untill the 13th of April, but i did not go into Panoramagique. I could see the balloon go left and right very clearly, even from quite a distance. So i took the easy way out by choosing not to go on the balloon. Maybe nexttime, when there is not that much wind up there. Because the view must be stunning up there and i really regret i did not see it this time.

But on the other hand, i will have something to look forward to, the next time i will be in the parc.

PS: You can find a few pictures about Panoramagique if you click on the following link on page 1 and 2:

http://themepark.nl/ubbthreads/showflat ... =2&fpart=1

And you can find some nice pics following this link:

http://www.dlrpfans.be/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=572

QuoteIf anyone's interested I'll post it.

i would like to see this map, cause i have never seen a Disney Village map..?!?

Kristof

Yeah, the Disney Village map is around for a few weeks now.  That's also the map that mentions that Gaumant shows movies in English every monday.  

We'll go up Panoramagique when it's a clear day, to get decent pictures.

Anthony

Thanks for the links, Sweet Laker!  PanoraMagique really is a stunning new icon for the resort - it's good to have something like the earful tower or castle for Disney Village aswell.  :)

And here's the new 2005 Disney Village map:

It looks really good, except I'm sure they've got the colours wrong on that main walkway.  The bright yellow doesn't match the other walkways at all and looks very strange - hopefully it's an error that they'll correct soon.  :wink:

Sweet Laker

Quote from: "Baloo"It looks really good, except I'm sure they've got the colours wrong on that main walkway.  The bright yellow doesn't match the other walkways at all and looks very strange - hopefully it's an error that they'll correct soon.  :wink:

Exactly, last time i was there, the color wasnt that bright yellow  :lol:

I expect them to change it soon, i mean, i cant believe they will leave this kind of errors on the map. But it looks funny though!

Where did you get this map, because i did not see it laying around anywhere in D-Village?!

Kristof

It's quite a shame that the balloon takes away the sight over Lake Disney when you're dining at Café Mickey on the first floor...   :(

Anthony

Quote from: "Sweet Laker"Where did you get this map, because i did not see it laying around anywhere in D-Village?!

It's one of the official maps that DLRP release for travel agents and so on.  :wink:

Quote from: "raptor1982"It's quite a shame that the balloon takes away the sight over Lake Disney when you're dining at Café Mickey on the first floor...

It might not be that bad.  The view of the balloon itself might actually be quite good, and also when its up in the sky it won't block the view either!  :D  :wink:

Kristof

Trust me Baloo, for a Disney fan who loves the view over Lake Disney, it was annoying.  Too bad they can't inflate it at night.  :lol:  :lol:

And about that map: we got one in Disney Village and they were also in the hotel!

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Trust me Baloo, for a Disney fan who loves the view over Lake Disney, it was annoying.

OK, I trust you! :D  I wonder how other views are affected by PanoraMagique?  Like the view from Hotel New York...  It probably isn't affected that much, and I think they chose the best place they could for the balloon in terms of not ruining views.  It's definately very central within the resort aswell, which is good.

Maybe next time you're going to Café Mickey you should stick something in the winch mechanism for the balloon so it gets stuck in the sky?  You'll still have a cable in the way, but it'll be a bit better! :lol:

Quote from: "raptor1982"And about that map: we got one in Disney Village and they were also in the hotel!

I was trying to find one at Christmas but couldn't.  They didn't have them at the parks and DV was to busy to look properly for them.  I found it really annoyed that the Selected hotels didn't have park maps aswell. They already distrbute the maps around 7 hotels, how hard can it be to drive over to 4 more?  Having said that, if you booked a package with tickets at Kyriad you got maps, but not if you just booked a room.  Still, a stand with some park maps would be nice to make the Selected Hotels a bit more Disney (unless it is only Kyriad that doesn't have maps...).

The new DV maps look very nice though.  I like the yellow colour and it's good that they fit very well next to the WDS and DLP maps.  :)

Kristof

The Village maps do look like the ones of the parks, but are smaller compared to the other ones.

Jorien

I don't know if anyone has seen it yet. But the website of PanoraMagique is now also in English available. It seems not everything is working yet, if i'm right. But it's already great that they are working on it!!!!!  :D
http://www.panoramagique.com

Jorien  :D