PanoraMagique Balloon

Started by Anthony, March 15, 2005, 02:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorien

When you think of it, it actually fits in perfectly with the theme of Discoveryland. I read in 'From Sketch to Reality' that Discoveryland was about different ways to travel? So why not a balloon too? The balloon even has got the perfect look for it.
But indeed i think it will look a bit weird in Frontierland. I even don't think that it would look that weird in the WDS, i think WDS could use some extra decorations to make it look a bit better. So why not with a balloon?  :wink:

Jorien  :D

Anthony

Quote from: "Jorien"When you think of it, it actually fits in perfectly with the theme of Discoveryland. I read in 'From Sketch to Reality' that Discoveryland was about different ways to travel? So why not a balloon too? The balloon even has got the perfect look for it.

Very true, it fits in so well and, just like Main Street, adds to the theme a bit by making the land seem bigger than it is - as if it carries on into the distance...  The balloon does definately look very "Around The World In 80 Days".

Quote from: "Jorien"I even don't think that it would look that weird in the WDS, i think WDS could use some extra decorations to make it look a bit better. So why not with a balloon?  :wink:

Same as above infact, they could say the balloon is there from the filming of one of the "Around The World In 80 Days" movies...  :lol:

So yes, Frontierland is the only one with a real problem here.  Poor ol' Frontierland aswell - it already has the WDS searchlights spoiling it from that angle!  :(

Jorien

Quote from: "Baloo"So yes, Frontierland is the only one with a real problem here.  Poor ol' Frontierland aswell - it already has the WDS searchlights spoiling it from that angle!  :(

Yes, i always find it a bit strange to see these searchlights above big thunder mountain for example. It doesn't belong there!

Kristof

Appearently I'm the only one who enjoys the lights behind Phantom Manor.  :lol:

Jorien

Well, it seems that i'm the only one who likes the terribly spoken Dutch announcements before the parades. So....  :wink: :lol:

flor

QuoteWell, it seems that i'm the only one who likes the terribly spoken Dutch announcements before the parades. So...

Ooooh! Noooooo!!
it is bad. And certainly the closure of the park in dutch is terrible.
Translated in English the girl says: Disneyland Park closes in a while his doors. (for some people this can be quite strange) We hope you had a pleasant day.

and back to the topic.
yesterday, they were testing the balloon, which gave us the opportunity to make some pictures of it from different places inside the Disneyland Park.

Anthony

Quote from: "flor"yesterday, they were testing the balloon, which gave us the opportunity to make some pictures of it from different places inside the Disneyland Park.

Great stuff, I really can't wait to see your photos now, there's so much going on in DLRP!

And just to go off topic again - the searchlights do look quite cool and spooky behind Phantom Manor, but then again they take away some of the magic because they're too fast moving and really disturb the atmosphere of the land.

And back on topic:
I wonder if PanoraMagique will have many lights on it?  It's got to have at least a few warning lights on it since it'll run until 10pm most nights... I wonder if they'll light up the actual balloon when it's in the sky or anything?

Jorien

Quote from: "flor"Ooooh! Noooooo!!
it is bad. And certainly the closure of the park in dutch is terrible.
Translated in English the girl says: Disneyland Park closes in a while his doors. (for some people this can be quite strange) We hope you had a pleasant day.

I know it's completely off-topic, but because it's so bad, that's what makes it so funny. Don't you think?...... No, i guess not!  :wink:
Dames en hieren, beste kienderen, in tien minoeten begient de christmas parijt, dankoewel!! That's so funny! Some people are talking about it, like it's the most terrible thing they've ever heard. I really don't understand it.

But i guess i really am the only one who likes it.  :(

Kristof

Well, the most announcements sound ok, except for the closure and the Legend of the Lion King announcement.  I can't make up what the woman is saying...

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"Well, the most announcements sound ok, except for the closure and the Legend of the Lion King announcement.  I can't make up what the woman is saying...

Whilst the English announcements never annoy me, some of the temporary signs with English translations do:

Now, this isn't totally incorrect at all, it just sounds a bit strange and doesn't exactly sound very magical.  They should have maybe put "This boutique has moved to the Liberty Arcade during the refurbishment" or something like that...

Anyway, just to get this back on topic a bit,  :wink: doesn't PanoraMagique look insanely cool here:

It's like it's meant to be there...  :D

flor

on the ground 'star' whereon the balloon is attached there are some huge lightspots. So I think they will be turned on if the balloon is on the 'ground'.

If he is in the sky ... ???? maybe the lights of the trampolines in the village? Those which are put on to Annete's?

Jorien

Quote from: "Baloo"Now, this isn't totally incorrect at all, it just sounds a bit strange and doesn't exactly sound very magical.  They should have maybe put "This boutique has moved to the Liberty Arcade during the refurbishment" or something like that...

LOL!  :lol: It does sound weird indeed, but again it makes me laugh!!!  :wink:

Quote from: "Baloo"Anyway, just to get this back on topic a bit,  :wink: doesn't PanoraMagique look insanely cool here:

It's like it's meant to be there...  :D

It looks great!!!! Beautiful picture! I'm very interested to see it in real life now!

Anthony

They've updated the official PanoraMagique website with photos of the balloon already!

//http://www.panoramagique.com

I'm quite impressed they put them on there so soon - I was expecting this site to go practically un-updated to be honest, so it's good to see how committed to this AĆ©rophile is.

Let's hope they get a few of the view from the Balloon soon!  :D

Jorien

Great!!! I just saw they haven't updated the website in English yet though :(, so i'm still not able to read it. Hope they will soon.

Anthony

FIRST PHOTOS FROM ONBOARD PANORAMAGIQUE!

Thanks to http://www.dlrpmagazine.com ...

And more: //http://www.dlrpmagazine.com/112.php?subaction=showfull&id=1111830831&archive=&start_from=&ucat=3&

So no glass in the sides, just some rope!  A nice view though - I think it'll look better in different lighting conditions though really.  It looks like these were taken in the evening which is always a bit of a tricky time to take photos.

It doesn't look as high up as I expected actually... maybe I won't have to force myself to go on there?  :lol:

The standing area looks very small though - it must be really packed with 30 people, and I hope they have some kind of system so that people move around in a circle to get a view of every side.  And also, it'd be good to know if there's some kind of guard up there aswell.  If there isn't one then I'd be very surprised.  OK, so they don't have them on the London Eye, but that isn't open like this and the pods are much bigger.  The guard could also make people move around in a circle to allow everything to see from every angle.  Hopefully they thought of this anyway...  :wink: