14 year old found dead in Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Started by Kristof, June 26, 2007, 01:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Quote from: "Seattlepi"PARIS -- French police are investigating the death of a 14-year-old Spanish girl who lost consciousness while riding a roller coaster at Disneyland Paris, park officials said Tuesday.

The cause of the girl's death remained unclear. A preliminary inspection of the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster ride found no malfunctions with the machinery, Disneyland spokesman Pieter Boterman said.

The girl boarded the ride Monday at the theme park in Marne-la-Vallee east of the French capital, and when the ride stopped, her friends found her unconscious, Boterman said.

Medical teams at the theme park tried to revive her, but by the time the ambulance arrived, the girl had died, he said.

Police opened an investigation, and an autopsy was planned for Tuesday, he said.

Disneyland authorities immediately shut down the ride, and it remained closed Tuesday. Boterman said the park was waiting to hear the cause of the girl's death before determining whether to reopen it.

The ride is at Walt Disney Studios Park, one of two theme parks at Disneyland Resort Paris. The complex, which opened in 1992, was formerly called Euro Disney.

Source

giorgio1712

Flippin heck!!! What a tragedy!  :(

Maarten

Thats very sad news. My thoughts are with her family and friends. Hopefully this tragic news won't cause to much bad publicity for Disney, since this could have happened at any park I assume.  :?

joe

That is very sad :(. It could have been any of a number of things, she could have had an epileptic seizure due to the strobes / flashing lights that are in RnRc. Or she could have some other condition that would cause her to black out due to the G's and become unconscious.  

Shouldn't bring bad press to disneyland hopefully, as long as the media and press don't blow it out of proportion! As i doubt it was anything that disney could have prevented and was probably an existing condition that was aggravated by the attraction.

Thoughts go out to the family.

Anthony

Very sad news, it's the first time since I became a "fan" I've heard of something like this happening at DLRP.   :(

It sounds (unfortunately) similar to deaths we've heard about on RNRC and ToT in Florida.  From a Disney point of view, it didn't seem to do that park or the attractions any bad publicity, but obviously it's still a horrible thing to happen.

tubbsy

So sad.
My heart goesout to her and her family

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

The Butlin Boy

This such terrible news, My thoughts are with those who knew her :cry:

RnRCj

That's really sad :( But why did it have to happen on my favourite ride? I hope they don't change anything.

mehdi5

Quote from: "RnRCj"That's really sad :( But why did it have to happen on my favourite ride? I hope they don't change anything.
I don't think so i heard there's nothing wrong with the ride, i think it will reopen tomorrow.

RnRCj

Quote from: "mehdi5"
Quote from: "RnRCj"That's really sad :( But why did it have to happen on my favourite ride? I hope they don't change anything.
I don't think so i heard there's nothing wrong with the ride, i think it will reopen tomorrow.

It better open again tomorrow! :P If anything is changed, to be honest, I'd be upset. On the MGM Rock n Roller Coaster athey slowed the launch down after someone died on it (I think).

Nicholas-c

that sucks :(
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone

WDI1992

my thoughts are with the relatives and friends too... terrible that this has happened.
Guess they won't change anything though, probably only due to a medical condition...
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

TowMater

Oh my goodness,

I've never heard of any incidents (Besides character & Parade) since I was a DLRP fan. Let's hope she rests in peace.  :(
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

-breeno-

That's sad news  :( .  My thoughts are with her friends and family.
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Nicholas-c

i reckon it might of been brain damage ? law suits etc couldn't be opened because they do warn you
August 2003, 04, 05, 06, 07 and 08 - With family
Halloween 2008 - Best trip ever
July 2009 - All alone