14 year old found dead in Rock 'n' Roller Coaster

Started by Kristof, June 26, 2007, 01:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RnRCj

Quote from: "joe"That is very sad :(. It could have been any of a number of things, she could have had an epileptic seizure due to the strobes / flashing lights that are in RnRc. Or she could have some other condition that would cause her to black out due to the G's and become unconscious.  

Shouldn't bring bad press to disneyland hopefully, as long as the media and press don't blow it out of proportion! As i doubt it was anything that disney could have prevented and was probably an existing condition that was aggravated by the attraction.

Thoughts go out to the family.

I doubt it was the lights that killed her. If you could have seizures from the flashing lights then surely people would have died at music concerts :lol: I don't know though.

mehdi5

I think it was just her medical conditions but i hope they don't slow the launch down just like they did with the MGM version but i doubt that will happen because it wasn't the coaster that was the problem. But i sure feel sorry for her family.

-b-e-n-9-5-

My thoughts are with the family and friends of the spanish girl,

I dont think the epielpsy was the problem, maybe she didnt want to go on the ride or  was very nervous>?
Where Magic Lives

DisneyBud

Yes somehow, if she knew she was epileptic I doubt she would have chosen to go on a ride with flashing lights. Perhaps it was shock or something iono - but my thoughts go out to the girl's friends and family - devastating news

ailsa

That is is really sad! Epilepsy can kill someone have a seizure even just normally cos they can repeatedly hit their head on the ground and cause brain damage plus you don't always know if you have it. (I have 3 family members with epilepsy I know a bit.)

Nala_84

Oh my God... I'm so shocked at the moment... I feel so sorry for the poor girl and her family :(

How can something like that happen? I mean, I hope - although it might sound strange - that there is a health-reason for her dead and not the coaster itself... Or can a totally young and healthy person die on a coaster ride?!? You maybe know I'm afraid of coasters and wanted to try SM and Crush this year for the first time ever - but this horrible incident makes me more afraid than ever  :cry:
[size=85]1992 - Disneyland Paris - 1-day-trip
2000 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe
2004 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Cheyenne
2005 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Santa Fe
2007 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Newport BayClub
2008 - Disneyland Resort Paris - Sequoia Lodge
2009 - Walt Disney World
[/size]

coruscantpt

oh so sad :( My thoughts are with the family and friends. This is a sad day for DLRP
DLP - July 1994 / March 2002 / August 2007 / December 2010 / 2011 - Anual Passholder \":P\"

WDW - May 2006 / May 2008 / August 2009

Riebi

My thoughts are with the family of this girl and it´s very sad that something like this happen.

And I think we should stay by the facts in this case. Do somebody know that the girl has epilepsy or is this just an assumption?

I read today in the newspaper of my hometown that it was not a problem of the coaster but a "medical".
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

tubbsy

I think we're all assuming that it was epilepsy at the moment. I've searched on the net for more info, but as yet there is just the initial report from DLRP that from their first inspections there is nothing obviously wrong with RNRC. I should think there are people crawling all over it giving it a deeper inspection over the next few days. Inspection and maintenance books and reports will be examined too.

i'm guessing medical procedures of how she was rteated after being discovered will be reviewed as well.

Poor girl and poor family.

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Punky

This is so incredibly sad :(  :(
Imagine you´re sitting next to your best friend on a ride and you´re enjoying it, but when it stops, you´re friend is unconscious and she/he doesn´t wake up and dies. Seriously, it makes me almost burst into tears :cry: .
My thoughts are going out to the family and friends.

Also hope it won´t be too much bad publicity for DLRP and the RNRC, it is my favourite!
If you dream it, you can achieve it!

jenjen

My heartfelt sympathies go to the family of this girl.  Hopefully they can find out soon what caused her untimely death at such a young age.  I do not think it will do any damage to DLRP as it was through no fault of their own.
jenjen for disney

Kristof

Out of respect for the girl and her family, I don't think it's up to us to start guessing about what caused her death.  Let's just let the people that are responsible for doing the investigation do their work now.

The attraction re-opened yesterday afternoon again for park guests.

GeoffD

This was an unfortunate accident, one i hope will never be repeated. My thoughts go out with the family of the girl.

RnRCj

I'm glad it's open again! :lol: Hopefully this will be the only downside of the 15th Anniversary :)

Dlrpfan

aww no thats so sad, i heared on the radio yesterday. lets hope that accidents like this do not happen at dlrp again
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012