Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (8th April 2006)

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrick

OK, who's up for getting a brick and knocking that thing down :lol: , that looks awful when did Buzz have to appear on his own attraction logo, I mean timekeeper didnt appear on his, suppose since back then imagineering had class :wink: , god this better be fake or else a complaint is gonna be heard :lol: .

Poppy The Monkey

It isn't a fake!

But the inside is apparently complete....

(pics - http://www.dlrp.fr)

Kristof

The score board looks almost the same as the one at the Magic Kingdom.  I don't mind little green men and Buzz inside a building, but they're going a little bit over the top with that thing hanging on the outside.  Or am I wrong?  :?

Poppy The Monkey

I am going to reserve my judgement until the whole sign is completed.

Sure, it looks out of place now, but it might look better when the whole frontage is completed.

And remember Pinnochio is on the front of his attraction in Fantasyland - but I suppose that does fit in better with the lands theme.

However the Buzz figure itself is very nice (detail wise) and not as bad as it could of been (WDS billboard style)

However we'll wait and see how it all ends up!

Anthony

I actually really like the Buzz figure! (surprise, surprise)  Even though it is out of place, I think it's necessary for the attraction, to draw people to it and give it more appeal.  The figure is a good size too - it's not too big, so it doesn't overpower the rest of the entrance.  I hope they pick a good final attraction logo now...

The scoreboard is how I expected, but is it in French?  I'm sure I can see the word "tableau" at the top of it.  I was really hoping they'd put it in English really.  Not because I dislike the use of french in the park, but because I think the scoring ranks would be better in English.  After all, Buzz is an american action hero... or has he set up a new Star Command branch in Paris now?  :D   The walls inside the building look different to the ones in other Disney parks.  Here they look like full purple wall with lime green edging, whereas in other parks I think they're half-purple half-grey...  I prefer the Paris version though, it looks much brighter.

They've also put up those scary lime green and red antennas, but - they've repainted the lime green to the silver/grey colour!  Yay!  OK, the red still looks strange, but an absence of lime green in Discoveryland is always good! lol

Kinou

The score board reads " TABLEAU d'HONNEUR" if I'm correct.

And for Buzz figure, I don't mind it either (compare to the awfully big one over HongKong) and moreover it was alreadyon the concept-art, so no surprise for me.
Hug it out bitch !

Dlrpfan

I am not a huge fan of it BUT i could live with it!
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Quote from: "Kinou"The score board reads " TABLEAU d'HONNEUR" if I'm correct.
Thanks Kinou!  It's been bugging me for hours! :lol:

Quote from: "Kinou"And for Buzz figure, I don't mind it either (compare to the awfully big one over HongKong) and moreover it was alreadyon the concept-art, so no surprise for me.
I was half expecting us to get a giant Buzz figure like the Hong Kong one in the corner where the Le Visionarium poster was.  I suppose I was (thankfully) wrong.  Do you know what happened to those plans for a Buzz meet and greet, Kinou?  Or will Buzz just be walking around the attraction area?

Anthony

I know I'm probably being really slow here, but I was trying to find out more about the Buzz attractions in other resorts, and realised that the vehicle codes seem to change with each park...

Magic Kingdom has XP-37 space cruisers
Tokyo Disneyland has XP-38 space cruisers
Disneyland has XP-40 space cruisers

and Disneyland Resort Paris will have XP-41 space cruisers

So does Hong Kong Disneyland have XP-39 space cruisers?  I can't find photos of them anywhere...  :?

I knew that Tokyo and California had different codes to Florida, but I didn't know each park had its own number.  I think it's a nice detail to try and make the rides seperate, anyway.  :)

Anthony

I'm still unsure about the space cruiser numbers for Hong Kong!

Anyway...

Tomorrow should see the launch of the new official Laser Blast website.  I've done a bit of searching (well, not a lot really), and it seems Disney have registered http://www.buzzlaserblast.com (Registration Page), so I'd hazard a guess that that's where the site will show up.

They also have buzzlightyear.com, but Disneyland Resort is still using that one...  :?

Anthony

Still no sign of the website!  Buzzlaserblast.com is still showing the Disney International homepage for me...  :(

Dlrpfan

Me too
Dan

Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Arrrgggghhh!!!!  These are first two things of the whole Laser Blast invasion that I actually really dislike:

What do you think?

Patrick

The first I can live with, but the second can we try and get away from Buzz at all, I hate his pose there and to be honest my favourite shop is now my most feared shop :lol: , that figurine looks creepy.  I want the mouse back and his Da Vinci Flying Machine :( .

Dlrpfan

I h8 them both they are going a bit over the top
Dan