Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (8th April 2006)

Started by Anthony, March 14, 2005, 12:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

God, I hate the Buzz statue at the entrance, and now this... Aaargh  :x

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"God, I hate the Buzz statue at the entrance, and now this... Aaargh  :x
At least the statue of Buzz at the entrance is well-made and looks like a real life Buzz!  This one looks *SO* off-model I can't believe they've put there, right in the middle of the shop!!!  His face is just completely wrong.  It looks like a cheap knock-off one from when "short sighted toy retailers failed to order enough stock to meet demand"!

Look at what we used to have:

This is *not* an improvement.  I really cannot see what changing the beautiful centrepiece was necessary - will that "great" statue of Buzz sell more stuff?  No!  Would simply having the new attraction next door sell more stuff? Yes!  They didn't need to do this at all... It's just horrible.  I still fully support every other aspect of the "invasion", but if they're going to put Buzz in Discoveryland - they could at least do it with a well-made statue.

Dlrpfan

I love the way it used to be

lets hope it might be temperary
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Kristof

The Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast website has been launched!  For now it's just in French.  

You can play a Help Buzz game, which is a basic version of the Buzz game that helped launch the attraction at California.  

Visit http://www.helpbuzz.com/

Kristof

Here's the English version of the website:

http://www.helpbuzz.com/perl/index.pl?lang=UK&pays=UK

Anthony

This is too much excitement to cope with at once!!!  :lol:

The main attraction logo was unveiled earlier today:

:o  :o  :o

It looks... AMAZING!!!  I love it so much, I think I may book a trip for this weekend just to be able to stand there and stare at it!!

Kristof

Those red laserlines look a lot better than the lightning from the concept art.  I like it too actually, but still dislike the Buzz figure.

Anthony

Yeah, it looks SO much better than the concept art, doesn't it?  :D Those laser blasting lines look brilliant, and it's cool how they've continued them around the side of the building too.  The whole exterior of the attraction looks a lot more exciting and dramatic than the others around the world.  Kinda more brutal and harsh, if you see what I mean... which sorta makes it fit in more with the Discoveryland concept. :)

I'm getting worried about how much I love the paving in that area... It looks so "Disney" - colourfu, interesting and professional.  This attraction is impressing me far more than I ever thought it would!

And another good thing - the Buzz meet 'n' greet area (similar to the HK one) which was on the layout plan shown in September seems like it won't be used in Paris... yay!  What do you think about the area directly underneath the logo?  The Fastpass entry is on the left, the normal queue on the right, so what goes in the middle?  A Cast Member?  Or Buzz?  I reckon a CM, now I think about it...  Lovely design for the entrance anyway, very very practical. :D

That Buzz figure is *never* going to win you over, is it?  I think it makes the whole entrance area work well together - imagine the entrance without it - don't you think it would look a bit dull and lacking in detail?  I do...  :wink: I'm never going to accept defeat with this one, never!!  :lol:

Kristof

Well, I'm still not convinced by the Buzz figure, but I will give my final judgement tomorrow, at DLRP.

Anthony

I hope you like what you see!  Bring back some cool photos.  :wink:

It's the Shareholders AGM today, and DLRP.fr is doing live updates from the meeting, with news and photos!

Here's some images from the video, featuring the first look at the inside of our Buzz:

Dlrpfan

Have a good trip Rapter
Dan
Remember Dreams Come True! \":mickey2:\"

[size=100]\'We Keep Moving Forward\' [/i][/size] - Walt Disney

Disneyland Resort - 2007 2010
Walt Disney World - 2001 2003 2005 2006 2008 2009 2011 2012/2013
Disneyland Paris - 1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2004 2005 2007
Disney Cruise Line - Disney Wonder: 2008 2009 Disney Dream: 2011 Disney Fantasy: 2012

Anthony

Strange, strange goings on at Buzz - they've covered up the new sign with brown paper and perhaps re-painted it black.  You can see that they've ripped off some masking tape which has been painted black on one side, and now peeled off reveals the laser beam beneath...  :?  I really can't work out what they've done...

Was somebody unhappy with how it turned out?  That's the only reason I can think of for this...

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=414

Why have they done this?

Kris

Could the pictures be a day old or something? I know they were posted today, but there is a chance that they were taken before Julien took his pics yesterday. Apart from that, not a clue  :?
Grab a balloon, come on let\'s go!

Jorien

Quote from: "Baloo"Was somebody unhappy with how it turned out?  That's the only reason I can think of for this...

Yes Kris was.......IT WAS HIM, IT WAS HIM!!!  :P

Anthony

Quote from: "Kris"Could the pictures be a day old or something? I know they were posted today, but there is a chance that they were taken before Julien took his pics yesterday.
I thought this too when I noticed some similar photos over on DLRP Magazine Forum which show the sign being unwrapped.  I guess the photos have just got a bit out of sync... :lol: Panic over I guess, the entrance stays! (sorry Kris, maybe you'll learn to love it?)

Quote from: "Jorien"
Quote from: "Baloo"Was somebody unhappy with how it turned out?  That's the only reason I can think of for this...

Yes Kris was.......IT WAS HIM, IT WAS HIM!!!  :P
Ohhh nooo!  Now they're going to have to delay the whole attraction opening whilst they totally redesign the entrance!  :roll: :evil: