The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

QuoteSlightly imposing, no?   What do you all think about it?

It looks impressive!  It's clear that everything at WDS is calculated to fit in.  The view is much better compared to MGM.  :lol:

QuoteIt's a shame they had to get rid of the plants on those fences anyway, they looked very grown-in and old... would have fitted the theme perfectly...  

Yeah, I remember we were both talking last year on the forum how they should keep them.  :(

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"It looks impressive!  It's clear that everything at WDS is calculated to fit in.
Yeah, you're right.  Even though Tower of Terror is a huge 1930s Hollywood hotel, its design and colour will actually fit into the sets of Moteurs.  And Maarten is exactly right - the hidden beauty of the WDS plan is that they put absolutely anything they like in there, and it fits the story.  It's must be a WDI dream (if we forget the lack of budget for a second! lol).

The MGM view looks horrible... Moteurs Action does'nt look right in that park at all - it seems like a totally different "style"...  :?

Kristof

And here's the construction for the ToT billboard!

http://www.dlrp.fr

Kristof

And here's another interesting photo!!!! Posted on http://lesamisduvaldeurope.fr/ by MagnySeb.

Anthony

I like how they've covered up the La Terrasse entrance with panels the same colour as the walls - it looks very professional!  :D

The tower looks like it's turned too far around in those models - its facing Studio 1 a bit more in real life, isn't it?

Looks like Nemo's queue is completely undercover on that model too, which is good...  :)

Anthony

According to rocknroller on Disney Central Plaza forum, the billboard is now in place, with a slogan along the lines of:

GET READY FOR THE BIG DROP

Préparez-vous à faire le grand saut...

No photos available yet...  :)

Anthony

I'm going off topic a bit here, but I just found this...

I doubt our banner will be as cool as the Tokyo one:

source: jtcent.com

"Historic recreation of the 'Tower of Terror' - Grand re-opening Fall of 2006"  :D

Now that I think about it, that doesn't make sense, does it?  If it's a "recreation", then why would it be a "re-opening"?  :?

Anthony

Fourth post in a row, sorry! :?

Photos of the billboard!!!  It looks gooooooooooood!  :lol:

More: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=393

I really like it, it's nice that they didn't just do it totally 3D, and it's also good that they didn't put a date on it!  A strange thing to say, yeah, because we all want to know when it'll open, but if they put "opening 2008" on it, then people visiting the park might not visit again until 2008!  Do you see what I mean?  :lol:

Kinou

By recreation they meant refurbishment, so Re-opening makes sense :)

As for our banner, it sucks, i don't like it at all. Lack class, lack Disney-style. It's a "in your face" type ads I dislike...
Hug it out bitch !

Poppy The Monkey

I think it looks great.

It will also attract the target audience (teens and adults).

Much more effective than Tokyo's, and it is great that they are adverstising it.

babybert

I like it but i think it looks too modern for the theme of the ride! i like th tokyo one as it fits in with 30s america. I like that sort of styke... but wds sign looks effective and eye catching.

Kristof

That looks really awesome, a great eyecatcher!  Good job DLRP!
It looks like the Tower of Terror billboard on the highway leading to Disney-MGM Studios.

Anthony

After a brief period with not a lot of visible changes, it looks like the tower is growing again!  This time, it's the front of the building growing:

It also seems that those badly moulded sections of the concrete at the top were only tempoary, since they've now been removed to allow the large machinery to be put in place:

Photos: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=408

Reiana

So, what's the big deal about the Tokio sign? It's nice, yes and maybe it suits the 30's style of the attraction, but who cares? The sign will be gone one day and nobody will remember.
I think, the DLP sign does a very good job. It announces a new ride and you can have a sneak peak at what it will loook like one day.

Anthony

Quote from: "Reiana"So, what's the big deal about the Tokio sign? It's nice, yes and maybe it suits the 30's style of the attraction, but who cares? The sign will be gone one day and nobody will remember.
I think, the DLP sign does a very good job. It announces a new ride and you can have a sneak peak at what it will loook like one day.
Hi Reiana, welcome to the forum!  :)

I posted that photo of the Tokyo sign before we saw what the Paris one looked like, and I think I liked it so much simply because it fits the theme so well.

Now, though, I think the Paris sign is better, like you say.  It does a very good job at announcing the new ride and the fact that they give an image of the tower is clever too - so people can see what it'll look like when it's done.

Tokyo's sign may be better themed, but you're right - the Paris one is way more effective.  :D