The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Hmm... I think repainting La Terrasse would be more likely.  They'll want ToT to be a nice, warm yellow so that it matches the studio's other buildings and makes the park seem brighter in cloudy Paris!  :)

I wonder what will happen to La Terrasse overall though - will they keep it just as it is, moving some of the tables out of the way of the entrance?  Or will they theme it a bit more and make it a bit more interesting?  It would be nice if they perhaps added in some permanent fast food counters there, instead of the Catering Co. vans...

Oh, and will they keep the "La Terrasse" sign, or will they change that to "Hollywood Tower Hotel"?  I don't expect anyone to know these things yet, but it's nice to wonder...  :lol:

Kristof

Well I hope they'll keep the vintage Perrier posters!!

I did some Google-ing on them and it appears that those are replica's of Perrier posters from the '30's.

La Terrasse mural:

Reproduction of theh original poster (for sale at allposters.com)

Anthony

Good point (and good googling skills! lol) - those posters are rather nice.  :)   The spooky-looking waiter fits into the ToT theme a bit too...

I would like to see them stay, but perhaps mounted on the wall in a different way?  That plastic format they used there looks dirty and horrible quickly - it might be better if they painted them onto the wall itself and scaled their size up a bit ?

Kristof

I believe they are painted on the wall!   :-k

Anthony

Oh... ok.  :?   It just looks like they're painted on a sheet of plastic acetate and then stuck on the wall - the edges look like they've weathered and got a bit dirty.  I've never looked at them that closely though, so I'm not sure.  I'm sure that's how they painted the ones at CafĂ© des Cascadeurs though...

(photos: Joel)

:?

Kristof

It's getting huge  :o  :shock:

maruychan

oh-my-god, c'est magnifique!

Anthony

That is SO awesome!  The lights around the sides are very cool!  :D

babybert

My god its grown! Its looking ace, im very excited! Would love to be one of the first to ride it!

Kristof

Look how fast it goes!  Left is a picture from Dec. 12, and the right one is from Dec. 13!

//http://www.dlrp.fr

Anthony

Wow!!! It's going so fast!  I can remember the DCA one going up quite quick, but this is incredible!  I'm actually really glad ours is made of concrete now, because you can already get a very good idea of what it'll look like when it's done.  I wonder if our tower will be quicker because of the concrete?  It looks like it could be, but I suppose they still have *loads* to do really...

Some more photos, from Joel:

It's already towering over the park quite a bit, isn't it?  :o

Kristof

They're going to put a scaffolding (which could be themed) over the construction soon, according to DLRP.fr.

Kristof

And he's getting bigger and visible from outside of the park!

Kristof

QuoteIt just looks like they're painted on a sheet of plastic acetate and then stuck on the wall - the edges look like they've weathered and got a bit dirty.

Baloo, I've checked it past sunday.  It's directly painted on the wall!  The dirty edges are painted on, so I guess they're supposed to look worn.

Anthony

Quote from: "raptor1982"
QuoteIt just looks like they're painted on a sheet of plastic acetate and then stuck on the wall - the edges look like they've weathered and got a bit dirty.

Baloo, I've checked it past sunday.  It's directly painted on the wall!  The dirty edges are painted on, so I guess they're supposed to look worn.
OK, you win! lol  :D I guess it'll add to the run-down hotel look soon...   :wink:

Amazing photos!  It's going to be such an awesome way of drawing people into the park - look how clear you can see it from the esplanade!  It looks like it won't be visible from Front Lot though, which is probably good...  :)