The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthony

Wow - look at it go:

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=274

:D

You can see the two openings at the top there, where the elevator doors open mid-ride!  That's going to be an AMAZING view!!

The two larger openings lower down are, of course, for the two special effects floors - the haunted corridor and the mirror effect.  :D

Kristof

The Tower is getting visible from... everywhere!  You can see it from Fantasyland (will post photos later), from Disney Village, even from the highway!!

Kristof

clairego

I come to Disneyland last Christmas and I saw the tower in construction .
It's very high ! What is the attraction in California ? Could you explain what's happen inside ?  :roll:
An amazement when you arrive ,
A tear when you leave ,
A memory forever engraved ,
You visited Disneyland Paris

Anthony

Thanks for the photos above, Raptor!  The Tram Tour one looks particularly impressive actually - imagine in many, many years time, when they might have extended Toon Studios to that area, and you have that lovely view of the tower!  The positioning of it will make much more sense once the park grows a bit more, I think.

Here are some new photos from January 4th, taken by "mc-gyvers" on DLRP Magazine forum:

I think they're almost at the top, aren't they?  Maybe they're already there...  *consults photos of DCA tower*

There's still more to go!  You can see where our tower is up to by the position of the gaps between the 2nd and 3rd drop shafts.

It could be that the final part of the tower section might take a bit longer anyway (just a guess here), because it sticks out at the sides...

Anthony

Nearly there now...

Loads more and some good close-ups: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=299

Anthony

Wow!  They've got the frame of one of the Tower's domes on-site already!  It's a bit early, isn't it?

I would have thought the domes would be put in place quite late... I suppose they must have just got it delivered early!?

http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=300

Another question DLRP.fr asks is - why is there only 1 dome, when the final tower has 3?  Hmm...  Maybe they'll set up a new meet-n-greet with the dome framework as a background, to promote the new attraction?  :lol:

Kristof

It's probably a left over from the Reign of Fire set...  :lol:

Anthony

Yeah!  I wonder if it could actually be the same dome?  They might have designed the tower's roof with the WDS budget in mind, knowing they could buy 4 in bulk and save a bit of cash!

It's funny you should say this though, because DLRP.fr have picked up on the fact that it's the same now too.

It might look a bit odd when the tower's finished - a 1930s Hollywood hotel having the same dome as a London underground station!  :lol:

Anthony

Some new photos:

They've started to take the covering off of the top of the tower.  Am I right in thinking that that's so they can lower in the machinery and equipment for the elevator systems?

Some walls and things starting to go up for the first floor of the main building.

An interesting backstage view.  If the layout is exactly the same as the DCA version, then the large power grid will go at the back of the tower here, behind CafĂ© des Cascadeurs...

And finally, a view from the RER:

Photos from: http://www.dlrp.fr/actularge.php?id=318

Discuss!  :D

Martyng

Hi, just got back from dlp. excellent time although it was a bit wet! anyway took a few pics of the NEW ride.
Tried to put them on here but couldn't work out how to do it. If anyone wants to see them let me know and i will email you them.

Kristof

Grandmath posts on DCP that the Fastpass machines won't be located on the other side of the streeth as in California, but on the right side near the entrance.  The excellent theming (especially compared to ones in WDW) will be the same (dressed up as suitcases).

Anthony

Quote from: "Martyng"Hi, just got back from dlp. excellent time although it was a bit wet! anyway took a few pics of the NEW ride.
Tried to put them on here but couldn't work out how to do it. If anyone wants to see them let me know and i will email you them.
Hi Martyng, welcome to the forum!  :)

If you've already got your photos online, then just post the URLs of them between IMG tags like this: (without the spaces).

If you haven't got them hosted online yet, then try somewhere like http://www.photobucket.com  :D Good luck, nice to have you here!  :wink:

Quote from: "raptor1982"Grandmath posts on DCP that the Fastpass machines won't be located on the other side of the streeth as in California, but on the right side near the entrance. The excellent theming (especially compared to ones in WDW) will be the same (dressed up as suitcases).
I think our layout will be better then - for some reason I already thought the DCA ones were to the right of the entrance, but now that I think about it - yeah, they're across that small street, aren't they?  :) The suitcase themeing is brilliant.  With Buzz getting battery-themed ones and RNRC having the musical instrument cases, it'd be nice if they dressed up other machines around the parks a bit...

One question I've just thought of - will out ToT have that mini street in front of it?  The one in DCA has a small road that looks like it's coming into the area as a side road from another (non-existant) area... could they theme it in Paris as if there's a side-road going up to the hotel entrance from the future Sunset Boulevard to the right of ToT?

Anthony

Oh my, look at this:

Slightly imposing, no?  :o  :?  What do you all think about it?

And a quick view over the construction fences, from the increasingly-tall dlrp.fr photographer...  :lol:

Looks like they haven't done much yet since they put those extra fences up.  Half of La Terrasse is closed too... maybe it was just a safety thing, and not that they needed more space for the construction?

It's a shame they had to get rid of the plants on those fences anyway, they looked very grown-in and old... would have fitted the theme perfectly...  :(  I wonder if the fences will be left bare metal like that when the tower opens?  (ie. without them replacing the wooden coverings they used to have)

Maarten

QuoteSlightly imposing, no?  :o  :?  What do you all think about it?
Yes, its really imposing. Hopefully they will theme it a little bit more here on the backside when you compare it to the back of the Tower of Terror in DCA. And when it comes to the view from the Moteurs... Action! tribune; I dont bother. It was to be expected to have such an impact. I would bother to see such an imposing building in the background when the decor of Moteurs was supposed to be a "real" Mediterranean village.. but now... its a stuntshow and the village is a set, so I don't mind.   8)
QuoteIt's a shame they had to get rid of the plants on those fences anyway, they looked very grown-in and old... would have fitted the theme perfectly...  :(

Indeed, I completely agree with you. But I think there is hope. I'm convinced that Disney will put back the charming lamps back to the fences, so maybe the plants will get back to. I am already glad they didn't destroy those beautiful fences! They fit in beautifully with the style of the Hollywood Tower Hotel.  :)
QuoteI wonder if the fences will be left bare metal like that when the tower opens?  (ie. without them replacing the wooden coverings they used to have)

If you ask me, those wooden coverings always have been temporary. They already did rot, just like the wooden fences near the former caravan meet 'n greet in Animation Courtyard and the wooden fences between Cinemagique and the Television Production Tour. Can you imagine when you pass the entrance of La Terrasse, and see a small patio or garden just like in DCA? Those fences will become a great barrier between the queue of the Tower and the rest of Production Courtyard. It would be so cool if those plant will come back so you can see some of the queue but not everything. It will open up the place I guess, and if gives much more to see then just a plain wall with wooden coverings. :wink: