The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maarten

Wow, the pics blew me away. The Twilight Zone Tower of Tower truly is a star in its own right! Wonderful. This is the attraction we've been waiting for all these years, and I am sure that both the regular guests and the fans will appreciate the level of theming and details like Walt Disney Studios has never had before. I can't wait to ride it, and decide wether I like the DHS or WDS version better.  8)

By the way... member SkaterFreakboi at the forum of //http://www.towerofterror.org points out that there is one major difference between the Californian queue and the Parisian queue. While the Tower in Paris seems to be like an upgraded version of California, Paris got the short end of the stick on this one unfortunately:

Look:

Disney's California Adventure: waiting area with woodwork.

Walt Disney Studios Paris: quite empty compared to DCA.

ightenhill

rather an odd decision when one thinks of the amount of rain thats going to fall on that Q
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

Owain

Quote from: "ightenhill"rather an odd decision when one thinks of the amount of rain thats going to fall on that Q
I agree, although the woodwork doesnt seem to really stop rain but keep out the sun, which paris doesnt get much often. Maybe thats why ?  :lol:

pjulie75

I totally agree, you will get soaked waiting in that queue!  It is a bit of a surprise that it isn't covered, do you think this is an area only used when it is really busy (overspill area)? :?

Patrick

Quote from: "pjulie75"I totally agree, you will get soaked waiting in that queue!  It is a bit of a surprise that it isn't covered, do you think this is an area only used when it is really busy (overspill area)? :?

Erm it's hardly like dlrp don't have outside queues anywhere else, this doesn't surprise me and no doubt this will only be used as overflow queue.  But then again for the next few years it will be used a lot then, I mean look at space mountain, indy, it's a small world, pirates :wink: .  All have outdoor queues and no one complains about them.  Also woo a themed bin :)  :lol: .

ightenhill

Quote from: "PATMAGIC".  All have outdoor queues and no one complains about them.  Also woo a themed bin :)  :lol: .
except when there getting rained on  :D

Hopefully though I'll be hitting it first thing, last thing  or working the FP.. I won't be seeing that area hopefully.. Qing is not for me

Your right as well, its not actually a cover in CA anyway its just a Pergola doesnt stop you getting rained on on the odd rainy day they have, though to be honest I have never seen a Q in that area apart from Christmas, remember the CA version has a much bigger Q area after the library compared to the FL version
[size=85]WDW Florida July 91(way too hot), DL California June 92,DL California Sep 93, DLP France Feb 96, DLP France March 02, DLP France Christmas to NY 03, WDW Christmas Eve to NY 04, WDW Oct 05, DL California Christmas to NY 05, DLP March 06, WDW Nov 06,DLP Paris Christmas to NY 06, WDW April 07 DL California Nov 07, WDW Dec 07, DLP Mar 08, DLP Jul 08, DL Hong Kong Mar 09, WDW Oct 09,  DLP Xmas 09[/size]

The Butlin Boy

Alexandre Rosa has taken loads of different picture in and around the Tower of Terror:

:arrow: Link

:o  :o  :o  :o  :o

WDI1992

yaaaaaaaayyy, We did Tower 5 times today!! and it was....  :shock:  :shock:  wow... it was..  well find out for yourself, then the experience is way better, but the theming is absolutely wonderfull, and the ride... is super!   :lol:  
Pictures will be uploaded soon! (see topic resortdreams), and on Photosmagiques too of course, me thinks!  :wink:
Ne cessez jamais de croire ... et, imaginez un peu! Parce que, c\'est là où les rêves deviennent réalité  

and always remember, if you can dream it, you can do it!
www.ResortDreams.net

Kristof

Fresh photos from a few hours ago:

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/m ... temId=9951
 :D

Riebi

Very cool pics! Thanx for sharing!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

kaysha

Like on the 8th december at 4.30 pm, according to Ptitmath from Disney central plaza today the attraction is openned to all guests :D

dagobert

@ the photosmagiques-team:

Great pictures, especially the one from top of the tower. It is a great view over the resort.

The Butlin Boy

Amazing photos Raptor, thanks for posting them :D

Soap

OMG it looks so great!! Can't wait to see it real life. Thanks for sharing Raptor  :wink:
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

Bopshop

OMG!  It looks amazing - hope this bad boy is going to be operating when I'm over for New Year.  :D