The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Started by Anthony, March 12, 2005, 04:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Owain

WOW !  :o  Thos photos are great !

The detail  :)

The Butlin Boy

Thank for the link, the pics are great :) Although it looked like they hadn't quite finished cobwebbing the place :roll:

Japper

It looks like stitch is THE character for the attraction apparently.

Check out how many of the ToT pins stitch is on:

//http://experience.disneylandparis.co.uk/UK/EN/Neutral/Images/pin-trading-poster-december-collection.jpg

But other huge news! The shop will be open very soon!

"
Saturday December 8, 2007

- Pine Tower Key Attraction - 6? - Pin' S sold only with the shop of attraction "the Tower of Terror"

- Pine Tower of Terror - 6? - Pin' S sold only with the shop of attraction "the Tower of Terror""

Kristof

Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Thank for the link, the pics are great :) Although it looked like they hadn't quite finished cobwebbing the place :roll:

Hehe I have a funny story about that.  There's this Imagineer that travels all around the Disney parks in the world to "dust and spiderweb" the attractions that need it.  So she did her job a few weeks ago, so after the attraction was handed out from Imagineering to Park Operations the cleaning crew moved in to tidy up the place, but apparently they had removed too much of the dust by accident, so the "aging" team had to come in again and start all over...  :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Quote from: "raptor1982"
Quote from: "The Butlin Boy"Thank for the link, the pics are great :) Although it looked like they hadn't quite finished cobwebbing the place :roll:

Hehe I have a funny story about that.  There's this Imagineer that travels all around the Disney parks in the world to "dust and spiderweb" the attractions that need it.  So she did her job a few weeks ago, so after the attraction was handed out from Imagineering to Park Operations the cleaning crew moved in to tidy up the place, but apparently they had removed too much of the dust by accident, so the "aging" team had to come in again and start all over...  :wink:

:roll: It seems even Disney can make mistakes! Man, that has had me in stitches! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Anthony

Hahaha! Awesome fun-fact for the future there.

And Americans always say DLRP isn't cleaned well enough. :roll:

seanmartina

I found this old link in my browser from our first visit, not only has the website changed so much, the virtual tour shows how much the land has changed, check out the tour place cine magic. This shows just how much the tower of terror has made an impact on the studios

http://www.disneylandparis.com/uk/virtual_visit/wds.htm

ps.

the whole site still works, click on and discover disney circa 2006

RnRCj

Quote from: "seanmartina"I found this old link in my browser from our first visit, not only has the website changed so much, the virtual tour shows how much the land has changed, check out the tour place cine magic. This shows just how much the tower of terror has made an impact on the studios

ps.

It's strange seeing WDS like that now :lol: Tower Of Terror really has changed the whole of the park. I remember sitting in La Terrasse before any of the new things were built. It will be so wierd sitting in La Terrasse once again but this time surround by the Hollywood Boulevard and TOT!

penfold12

Makes you realise how empty the Studios were. I can understand why anyone but die hard fans complained so much

mehdi5

The tower looks great, the area has certainly become nicer lately, can't wait to ride TOT next week at the Dreampass Previews :D

-breeno-

Quote from: "seanmartina"I found this old link in my browser from our first visit, not only has the website changed so much, the virtual tour shows how much the land has changed, check out the tour place cine magic. This shows just how much the tower of terror has made an impact on the studios

ps.

Yeah the studios looks so different in that without the ToT.

If you click on the arial view of the Disney Channel the tour ends just before where the ToT is, so you can't see what was going on there :lol:
"You\'re dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."
- Walt Disney

DisneyMagic Live Chat - Just click to join!

Maarten

Here are some pics that member Greg posted at the Disney Central Plaza Forum:

//http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=87&u=10036501

Thats awesome isn't it? Definately a spectacular view, especially compared to the two Towers in the States in my opinion. By the way, La Terrasse seems quite spacey to me, and not that crammed at all. I guess this can become a very cozy area once everything is finished. :)

Mr_B

Just out of interest I just received my confirmation details for our trip in January and the little booklet supplied states the ride opens in January 2008. Not sure if this was a general date as the booklets were printed months earlier ???

Mr_B
From the mansion on the hill
Shrieks of laughter break the still
Ghoulish figures start to wake
Makes your knees begin to quake

DLRP - We\'ve been there one or two times .....

murkai

It all looks so amazing. I can't imagine the park without it now. :O

Riebi

Cool pics! It´s wonderful to see the developments of the studios!
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...