Favourite Place to Eat

Started by giorgio1712, June 10, 2007, 01:32:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneyana

I was in 2004 in the Sportsbar in Disney Village and ordered the tuna sandwich with fries. The tuna was mixed with the mayonaise.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

fly_with_me_dumbo

phew :D  i said to my mum "im alright i'll have a tuna mayo sandwhich" and in reply she said "it might just be mayo on top of the tuna" so she made me worry lol :oops:
thanks for answering my odd question

Anonymous

Never really eat much in the parks. I always fill up at breakfast and then it's hot dogs or fries. I usually get the hot dog, fries and a drink deal from the carts on the way back through Disney Village. Thing is, I always want to maximise my time in the Parks, and by the time you come out the park, if you haven't booked anything, you can't get in anywhere.

I've had breakfast at a couple of the restaurants in the park. The Plaza Gardens, which was a character breakfast and was quite chaotic - it was a bit of a free for all to be honest, and it needn't have been. I learned my lesson with breakfast times later on, and it's always more relaxed these days.

I've also had breakfast in Bella Notte and The Chateaux? (Pinocchio one).

I had fish and chips in Toad Hall on my very first visit, which was nice.

TowMater

Quote from: "fly_with_me_dumbo"ive been reading the menus for places that sell sandwhiches when it sed tuna and mayonaise, is it just like ones here tuna mixed in with the mayo, or is it tuna with mayonaise put on top?
sorry for the odd question but im picky and was shocked before when i went to a shop and got an egg mayo to find it was slices of egg with mayo on top, not mixed together :D

Tuna & Mayo? Ewww, Tuna mixed with Salad Cream & Vinager is more better.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Soap

Well i finally have had a diner at Walt's. It was a special occasion and the whole atmosphere was great. The food was delicious and the service quit well. Only little thing i found a bit of a pity was that the waitress didn't speak that good english. But ah well, she was a darling in helping me with my little big surprise for my girlfriend ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Soap"Well i finally have had a diner at Walt's. It was a special occasion and the whole atmosphere was great. The food was delicious and the service quit well. Only little thing i found a bit of a pity was that the waitress didn't speak that good english. But ah well, she was a darling in helping me with my little big surprise for my girlfriend ;)

shouldnt that be fiance  :D

Soap

Yups, thats her name now yeah  :P
We don't use that name a lot in Holland, we just keep saying "Girlfriend" ;)
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Soap"Yups, thats her name now yeah  :P
We don't use that name a lot in Holland, we just keep saying "Girlfriend" ;)

even a bigger reason to use it hten seen as others dont really, make her feel extra special :D

oh and that weird tuna sandwhich, with vinegar and salas cream sounds disgusting [-X

Soap

Thats true, but in english it just sounds sweeter, our dutch word doens't sound that sweet and is a bit old fashioned ;)

fly_with_me_dumbo

Quote from: "Soap"Thats true, but in english it just sounds sweeter, our dutch word doens't sound that sweet and is a bit old fashioned ;)

well maybe you should say it in english, all romantic and that

Soap

Also a possibility  :lol:  Mixing of the languages, happens more often these days.

tubbsy

Whichever you choose its better than "The old ball and chain!" :lol:

Hoping to eat in Walts or inventions as an extra special treat in October

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

Bamperoony

:( My family and I love DLRP passionately and have been 12 times in the past 10 years with next year's trip planned already but it must be said we do have reservations about the food. Our problem is the shear variability, you can have a wonderful meal in a restaurant one year then, when you go back the following year, suffer a culinary disaster at the same restaurant. Our personal favourites are the Beaver creek at sequoia lodge, Annette's diner and the Rain forest cafe in the village simply because of their reliability.

moglet

I've been eating at various places throughout the resort over the last ten years and have never had a bad meal althoyugh some were pretty yuck. on the park we like pizza planet and the cable car bakehouse but elsewhere it's got to be annettes, rainforest cafe and either of the seqouia lodge restaurants  :stitch:

speedpacket

Quote from: "Bamperoony":( My family and I love DLRP passionately and have been 12 times in the past 10 years with next year's trip planned already but it must be said we do have reservations about the food. Our problem is the shear variability, you can have a wonderful meal in a restaurant one year then, when you go back the following year, suffer a culinary disaster at the same restaurant. Our personal favourites are the Beaver creek at sequoia lodge, Annette's diner and the Rain forest cafe in the village simply because of their reliability.
I must say I need to agree on that one...
I have had such great experiences at some of the finest restaurants that it convinced me persuading friends to go there as well, but when we did, it turned out to be nothing but a culinar nightmare...

I've had this experience in the Blue Lagoon for instance, but also in the Califonia Grill, which really was a disaster on one of the times I've been there...  I must say I appreciat alt's though as that has always been pretty good apart from one occasion I think.  Also would be great if they updated their menu a bit more frequently though...

Annette's is always a pleasure, and I also like planet hollywood a lot lately.  Their cocktails really are very nice, and the food compares well with what Annette is serving and the food you get in the Rainforest cafe.

My worst experience ever will always remain Ludwig's castle - ever tried getting a beer there?  They would make so much more money if they could just half the waittime you are confronted with overthere...

I know that living in Belgium where the average wait time toget your drink is 3 - 4 minutes MAXIMUM, but at Ludwigs it easily takes 20 - 30 minutes and evenlonger to be served.  Disgusting if you ask me really...  We once actually left without paying, because we had been asking for the check for over 45 minutes...  That really convinced me that there is something seriously wrong in their organisation (especially if you consider that they usualy have 4 - 5 people standing there doing nothing LOL)

Either way - this was a but offtopic as we were looking for our BEST experiences...  I had dinner once in L'auberge de Cendrillon which was wonderful, but their concept has changed now, turning it into a character dinner place, so I don't know how it is now, but their menu seems to be good value, and a pleasurable experience especially when going with kids...

I do look forward to some more seasoned dishes (asparagus, mussels...) as that would bring so much more to the restaurants...
Plus they really should improve waiter quality in some of their restaurants...  I would prefer to pay a bit more if I would have a good waiter, as can be expected in a high standard restaurant...

Didn't realise I was gonna write this much, but well...  These are just a few of my thoughts...

Cheers
David.
Next visit:
13-14-15 February 2009 - Valentine in DLH Castle Club

Thank you Disney for introducing me to my girlfriend!  Disney truly is magical!!!