Top 5 attractions? Must do's?

Started by Starwars princess, September 14, 2016, 11:49:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starwars princess

Hi guys!

As a first time visitor I am wondering what people would recommend as their top 5 attractions? I am going with my 6 year old son who is star wars daft in January and will be sure to enjoy the season of the force but with so many other attractions Im worried that I will miss something. What things should I put on my "Must Do" list?

macca1476

There is so so much to do all around the park, accept before you go that you will miss stuff. If you rush around trying to do everything you wont enjoy it as much and miss a lot of the magic. We were there for 2 weeks last summer and still missed things.

List of closures, unfortunately 4 of my usual big 5 (Star Tours, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Carribean, Space Mountain) are closed...
http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

Top 5 in no real order (based on those open in January, your childs age and outside the Season of the Force stuff)
1. Ratatouille (studios)
2. Shows in Studios (Disney Junior, Stitch Live, Mickey and Magician)
3. Casey Jr. – le Petit Train du Cirque and Le Pays des Contes de Fées (disneyland)
4. It's a small world (disneyland)
5. Disney Dreams (disneyland)

Then there is the characters around the park and unexpected things that dont need queuing like La Tanière du Dragon, Le Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin and Adventure Isle.

grovesie

Apart form the rides etc mentioned above I would also look to try Autopia and Buzz Lightyear. Disney Dreams is a must

msRavenswood

Quote from: macca1476 on September 14, 2016, 12:59:18 PM
There is so so much to do all around the park, accept before you go that you will miss stuff. If you rush around trying to do everything you wont enjoy it as much and miss a lot of the magic. We were there for 2 weeks last summer and still missed things.

List of closures, unfortunately 4 of my usual big 5 (Star Tours, Big Thunder Mountain, Pirates of the Carribean, Space Mountain) are closed...
http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

Top 5 in no real order (based on those open in January, your childs age and outside the Season of the Force stuff)
1. Ratatouille (studios)
2. Shows in Studios (Disney Junior, Stitch Live, Mickey and Magician)
3. Casey Jr. – le Petit Train du Cirque and Le Pays des Contes de Fées (disneyland)
4. It's a small world (disneyland)
5. Disney Dreams (disneyland)

Then there is the characters around the park and unexpected things that dont need queuing like La Tanière du Dragon, Le Passage Enchanté d'Aladdin and Adventure Isle.

Big Thunder Mountain reopens on 12 December so you will have the chance to experience the updated version.

For me it's always Phantom Manor first, followed by Pirates of the Carribean, Big Thunder Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight and Ratatouille.

Couldn't agree more on Dreams, it's not to be missed!

MattR

1. Big Thunder Mountain
2. Tower of Terror
3. Ratatouille
4. Hunted Mansion
5. Pirates of the Caribbean

CitrusZing

For us it is:

1) Big Thunder Mountain
2) Phantom Manor
3) Tower of Terror
4) Disney Dreams
5) Small World

;D
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).

Starwars princess

Thanks guys, will be sure to check them out.

sunshine1

Phantom Manor (Haunted Mansion) for me is the best attraction in DLP.

If your son isn't scared of the dark, ghosts - see if he can go on it.

The detail in that ride is exquisite.

MagicMarson

Tower of Terror is a great ride for the photo of a shocked 6yr old :D :D :D

jacmurphy

1 Small World
2 Buzz Lightyear
3 Casey Junior
4 Slinky dog
5 Flying Carpets

of course characters and Dreams We go with my 5yr old grand daughter and 3yr old grandson
May 2015 Explorer
Sept 2015 B&B (Old one)
Dec 2015 Davy Crockett
March 2016 Davy Crockett
June 2016 New B&B
Sept 2016 New B&B
Nov 2016 Hotel Cheyenne
Feb 2017 Sequoia Lodge