Going this Chistmas ! Got a few questions I need help with !

Started by pauline2006, September 12, 2016, 08:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauline2006

Hi !
This is the first time I have posted - but have found other posts here very helpful for planning our previous 2 trips.

We have just booked to go between Christmas and New Year and I'm trying to start planning for the fun  :)

Just wondered if anyone knew what the likely opening hours of the park would be between Xmas and New year ?

Do the characters in Inventions wear Christmas costumes ?

What is the entertainment in Disney Village like in the evening (other than the cowboy show, which we did and enjoyed last year) - I guess this is important if the park closes early - just wondering if there ail be much on up there ?

Any other tips for a magical Disney Christmas experience would be greatly appreciated !

With many thanks xx

stormflm595

Hi Pauline :)

I've never been at Christmas so I won't be much help but the only thing I can definitely recommend is to use the fastpass system as much as possible as that time of year is very busy. I imagine fastpasses (especially for Ratatouille) will be gone quickly so get there early for the queue to open to avoid disappointment. Single rider queues are also a good option if fastpasses have run out (again, particularly for ratatouille but avoid the single rider queue for Crushes Coaster as it doesn't make a difference to how long you'd queue for in the regular queue!).

Also if you're staying in an on site hotel or have an AP pass thay allows you into the park for EMH, take advantage!
August 2001 DLP, 3 days
September 2013 DLP, 4 nights 5 days, Santa Fe
September 2014 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Santa Fe
March 2015 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days. Sequoia Lodge
September 2017 DLP, 4 nights, 5 days, Newport Bay
November 2018 WDW, 14 nights, 15 days, Caribbean Beach Resort

pauline2006

Thank you xxx I will do that !
Excited already - don't know how I will keep this from the kids till December !!

grovesie

Extra Magic Hours if you can make a big difference. We have been over Christmas and it's very very busy. They had EMH in both parks when we went. We got most of the rides we could out of the way and then focused on the rides we could not do. One thing people do say is take your time during ne day if you can. We have a day of soaking up the atmosphere, looking around and taking time to enjoy the decorations, a few shows, parade etc.

twentythingamabobs

Hi! Christmas is one of the very best times to go, it is so beautiful and magical!

We normally go from the Sunday - Thursday before Christmas and the opening hours are pretty long if i remember correctly (maybe 10pm for Disneyland and 9pm for Studios?) I can't remember any entertainment being on in the Village but we didnt spend a lot of time there we were in the parks until the last minute then straight home to soak our Disney feet!

For Inventions, we do the Sunday brunch and the characters did have their Christmas costumes on which were very, very cute. Not sure about the regular mealtimes.

CitrusZing

Hi,

You can find out the December 2017 park opening hours below:

Disneyland Park: http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/destinations/disneyland-park/

Walt Disney Studios Park: http://www.disneylandparis.co.uk/destinations/walt-disney-studios-park/

In the blue box on the right, you can change the dates you want by clicking the calendar symbol.
DLP: 1992 Summer (Cheyenne).
2012: May (Santa Fe).
2013: Nov (Kyriad).
2014: Jan (Cheyenne), & Halloween (Kyriad).
2015: Jan - Birthday Trip (Disneyland Hotel) & Sept (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2016: April (Sequoia Lodge - Golden Forest).
2017: Jan (Santa Fe - 1 night birthday trip), March (Hotel New York - Empire State Club), June (Cheyenne - 1 night trip) & Sept (Santa Fe).
Upcoming:
Sept 2018 (Newport Bay Club - Compass Club).