Walt Disney Studios Land Surveys (Expansion Speculation)

Started by mrpiggywinkles52, April 05, 2016, 02:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seraphelle

I would really like to see more character interaction in the studios. It's all well and good having Minnie and Woody in Toon Studios for meet and greets, and Spidey round the back, but that's it. I know not everyone is a huge fan of characters and prefers the rides, but even that is lacking a bit in the studios. RnRC is shut for refurb, parachutes only operate in optimum weather, RC and slinky are great but very divisive (if you're a lone parent of children of say 10 and 5....and the 10 yr old wants desperately to go on RC with you, what do you do with your 5 year old?). There needs to be more to 'fit the gap' between these 2 rides. ToT is great, but again, despite the low height requirement, not incredibly inclusive.
Crush has more often than not got a crazy wait time, and Ratatouille is amazing but breaks down so often its a coin toss as to whether you actually get onto the ride after queuing!

If they made some of the restaurants into character dining that would at least increase footfall into the studios. I would LOVE an avengers themed experience, or Monsters Inc.

Something definitely needs doing and I agree with the idea that expansion is the best way. It is just too small, even when everything is in operation and working correctly, it doesn't have the pulling power of the main park, for me and my family, anyway.
Disneyland Hotel ~ 3rd - 6th October 2013
Sequoia Lodge ~ 28th October - 1st November 2014
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 12th - 20th November 2015
Sequoia Lodge ~ 15th - 18th May 2016
Day trip ~ 1st August 2016
HiPark ~ 4th - 6th November 2016
Rive Gauche ~ 17th - 21st February 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 29th May - 3rd June 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 23rd - 27th October 2017
Rive Gauche ~ 27th - 30th October 2017
Adagio Val d'Europe ~ 14th - 19th March 2019

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: seraphelle on May 19, 2016, 01:27:30 PM
Ratatouille is amazing but breaks down so often its a coin toss as to whether you actually get onto the ride after queuing!
I hope it's more reliable by next year. I'll be so disappointed if I don't get to do Ratatouille.

mrpiggywinkles52

For some reason it never occurred to me that the parachutes only work in certain weather, what were they thinking adding rides that only work in certain weather to a park already strapped for capacity, the reason Studios has such big queues is because of the size of it, if there were say another two lands full of attractions Crush etc. wouldn't have such a big queue.

What does everyone want new lands to be, realistically how many do we need?

Oreo

I think they should remove star tours from Disneyland Park and add it to the Studios and create a Star Wars land, similar to what is planned in Florida.

rebecca20

Quote from: Oreo on May 21, 2016, 04:21:47 PM
I think they should remove star tours from Disneyland Park and add it to the Studios and create a Star Wars land, similar to what is planned in Florida.

Well I think we can safely say thats never going to happen.

I do think it needs to be renovated and themed more though.
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on May 21, 2016, 04:09:06 PM
For some reason it never occurred to me that the parachutes only work in certain weather, what were they thinking adding rides that only work in certain weather to a park already strapped for capacity, the reason Studios has such big queues is because of the size of it, if there were say another two lands full of attractions Crush etc. wouldn't have such a big queue.

I'd like Walt Disney Studios to stick to the Pixar films but I could see why that wouldn't be the case. Personally, I'd just keep the minilands idea. Have minilands for Cars (somewhere near the already-existing ride), Finding Nemo (again, near the ride), The Incredibles, Monsters Inc, Up, A Bug's Life and whatever the latest Pixar film would be.

Rocketeer

Quote from: Oreo on May 21, 2016, 04:21:47 PM
Although that's unlikely, I wouldn't be against them adding The Iron Man Experience (HKDL) to the Studios. It uses the same ride system.

Quote from: mrpiggywinkles52 on May 21, 2016, 04:09:06 PM
As you can guess from my answer  above, I'm guessing they should add a Marvel Land. That, and a Hollywood Blvd.

That's for starters. I don't think that Marvel Land should be the sole post-berm expansion. They should leave themselves some space for another area. Maybe we'll get lucky and have something relatively unique to the park.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

rebecca20

Linking the ToT GoG theme in here but if DLP were going to do a Marvel land type thing it seems strange that they have renovated RnR without adding Marvel, it would be just stood in the middle if they do create a land, but why close it for months and keep the same theme?!

Just a thought :(
♥ Disneyland Paris 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2015 ♥ Disney World Florida 2009 ♥ Disneyland California 2008 ♥

Next Visit: DLP March 2016.

Rocketeer

^Good point. RnRc is prime for a Marvel makeover, and lends itself even more than the Tower. So it does seem odd to leave it with its current theme. Unless there's some sort of contractual obligation with Aerosmith, which means they'll leave it as is until they can change it.

The more I think about it, the Production Courtyard as it is now would work as a Marvel Land. RnRc becomes Spiderman or maybe even X-Men themed. Moteurs can become a S.H.I.E.L.D. show, and Armageddon could either go completely (Iron Man Experience) or better yet for Tower fans - could be re-purposed as a Guardians attraction (which is unlikely I know!).

And the Tower sits right at the entrance to the land, which then ties it neatly into 'Marvel Courtyard'.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." - Walt Disney

MickeyAteMyCap

Rocketeer

^Sure. They can easily add elements of S.H.I.E.L.D. into the current show. Be it with adding the agency logo on the cars, or even simply adding new cut scenes that reference the characters.

That and ditch Herbie and bring in Lola.  ;)

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Rocketeer on May 22, 2016, 10:22:16 PM
^Sure. They can easily add elements of S.H.I.E.L.D. into the current show. Be it with adding the agency logo on the cars, or even simply adding new cut scenes that reference the characters.

That and ditch Herbie and bring in Lola.  ;)

Lola is awesome. They could even have actors pretending to be Hydra agents.

Rocketeer

^Yup. The whole show can even stay as it is, with the 'good agent' still trying to keep that envelope away from the 'bad guys'. Just now its something S.H.I.E.L.D. is trying to keep out of the reach of Hydra.

As I say, that'd be a relatively cheap way of bringing more Marvel into the park. I'm surprised they've not done it already.
Even if the longer term plan means Moteurs is heading to Yesterland, it'd still seem like they've tried to add something to the park.

MickeyAteMyCap

Quote from: Rocketeer on May 24, 2016, 01:29:27 PM
^Yup. The whole show can even stay as it is, with the 'good agent' still trying to keep that envelope away from the 'bad guys'. Just now its something S.H.I.E.L.D. is trying to keep out of the reach of Hydra.
Just imagine if they had a double cross with one of the SHIELD agents revealed to be Hydra during the stunt.  :o

Rocketeer

OK then, here's a thought.. while we're waiting for any rumours (if any) of what's happening expansion wise.

Wll they even connect the hub area/Disney Bros. Plaza to the new expansion area (ie. remove the Tram Tour station and add a Hollywood Blvd.) or will it just connect via the Production Courtyard and Toy Story Playland?

I guess this option is a little cheaper as it does not require the relocation of the Tour.