Toon Train - Lights, Camera, Musique!

Started by Kinou, April 29, 2007, 11:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneyana

Yes not all the shows are boring in DLP. And o lot of show from the US don't have the quality like our shows here. So I think it just depends on the different tastes of everybody. Oh and Animagique isn't cheap, it's such a nice and funny show. Very entertaining.  :wink:
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Kristof

15MagicalYears

Why did they have the loney Tunes theme at the begining?
I don't know what exactly it is but I know it isn't disney  :?

TowMater

A few words to say:

WORSE DLRP SHOW EVER!!!!
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Imagineer

It looks a little bit boring.

Anthony

I've actually warmed a bit to the set now (apart from the ugly "Toon Train" sign itself), but actually it's the "train" that is the major problem with the "toon train".

If they just had a nice jazz band on a small trailer, some characters dancing with kids around it, that'd be great. Clarice could turn up half way through to join the dance, with Chip and Dale trying to woo her but failing. Trying to turn it into some kind of full show on a massive trailer like this just hasn't worked, it looks so pointless.  It's obvious the best part of the show was where they invited up the kids to dance... only to them push them back to their parents so the characters could carry on ruining the jazz performance. :lol:

Oh, and they at least should have wheeled it out in front of Animagique (along that bit of the parade route where it's wide enough) too, I don't understand why they don't...

So yeah, this is the Peter Pan to the Rescue of 2007. :wink:

The Butlin Boy

Well i know you all feel that this is just a pointless show, but after watching Raptor's video (thanks :wink: ), I actually quite enjoyed it. I thought some of their dance routines were very good and quite tooney, I dunno, perhaps it's just me and i'm a bit biased as C+D are two of my favorite characters :)

Disneyana

So I just took a look at the video, but I didn't watched it till the end, because I got to bored. Really a bad show. The music at the beginning is from the Warner Bros. looney Tunes, absolutely not Disney. And the music the band plays is boring. The dance of Chip'n'Dale does not suit to the music. And does the show has a story ? I didn't understood it. But anyway this is the only bad show at DLP. How good that there are many other classy shows at DLP to look at.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

Anthony

Quote from: "Disneyana"The music at the beginning is from the Warner Bros. looney Tunes, absolutely not Disney.
I think they probably got that music from one of the US parks, it's on a Disneyland California CD as Toon Town music.

Why didn't they just put Starring Cruella De Vil on Front Lot? That only had 3 performers and no need to design new sets, it would have been so much cheaper!

Maarten

After watching the video (thanks Raptor!) I think they should have presented Toon Train (wrong name, once again) as streetmosphere, not as a show. Its definately not on par with Starring Cruella. Imagine some toons dancing with kids, some toony music from the animated movies played by the band in the background and a simple Cinefolies kind of storyline and scale would have been better in my opinion... and before I forget; Toon Studio would have been a more fitting location.

By the way, although I think a more toony kind of music would have been more appropriate, I have to say that the music in the background is one of the stronger points of the Toon Train show. I love the jazzy feel. :)

Kristof

I'm sticking with the thought I had from the moment I saw the show.  Replace Chip & Dale and Clarice with Jessica and Roger Rabbit and the show turns out completely different.

Maarten

Quote from: "raptor1982"I'm sticking with the thought I had from the moment I saw the show.  Replace Chip & Dale and Clarice with Jessica and Roger Rabbit and the show turns out completely different.

Has there ever been a Jessica Rabbit character for the Disney parks?

DUDZROC

Watching the video, correct me if I'm wrong but looking at the size of the path, couldn't they fit a float through? That would be much better :!:

RnRCj

I don't like this show. It's dull, and not very entertaining :roll:

Reiana

Maybe it's dull for us adults.
I watched the vidoe with my 8 month old daughter and she had a big smile on her face, when she saw Chip and Dale and heard the music.