Toon Train - Lights, Camera, Musique!

Started by Kinou, April 29, 2007, 11:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlrp-mad

Great news that there's some fresh entertainment coming to the studios. Good to see them developing cool stuff round the toon studios.

dlrp-mad :mickey2:

dlrp trips:Debut] August 2006 - Sequoia Lodge December 2007 - Disneyland Hotel July 2008 - Newport Bay Club

TowMater

It's the Toon Train's first day and I wonder what the train looks like.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

The Butlin Boy

There are some images of the toon train on disneytheque:

:arrow: Link

It looks pretty cool doesn't it :wink:
It's good to see that it is based mostly on Chip, Dale and Clarice, 3 great disney characters that don't seem to get as much attention as a lot of the others :)

Anthony

I didn't expect it to change that much! In Toon Studio this might look nice, but Front Lot? A bit weird... In terms of looks anyway, it might be great with the music and everything.

But I'm not convinced. :?

penfold12

More characters, more entertainment in the studios! Got to be a good thing!

Patrick

Hmm to me it looks rather hideous for a frontlot truck, it should have been in toon studio, but I will hold my view on it fully until I have seen it in person.

TowMater

This isn't what I expected it to be, I thought it would be something like Disney's Character Express.
"To all who come to his happy place, Welcome" - Walt Disney

Previous Disney Visits

DLRP  | May 2001           |Newport Bay
WDW  | October 2004    | Calabry Parc Villas
WDW  | October 2006    | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | May 2008          | Hawthorns Suites
WDW  | August 2008      | All Star Movies
DLRP   | November 2008 | Explorers Hotel
WDW  |August 2009       |Pop Century

Kristof

It's BORING people!  The Jazz performers do a great job, but the show as a whole is a big yawn.  And don't get me started about the way too sexy acting Clarice...  :roll:

Anyway, here are our photos, I'll upload a video soon.

http://www.photosmagiques.com/gallery/v ... oon_train/

Disneyana

I don't know, but I think I don't like it too. There are only 3 chracters. I thought there would be more. I mean, its name is Toon Train, so I expected some toons and not only Chip'n'Dale and Clarice. Although I think Clarice really is sweet.
Oh Boy ! \":mickey2:\"

15MagicalYears

Yeah,
I thought it would have more characters too!
Like a Character Express for the Studios!  :P

Maarten

I guess the name of the show set some expectations that cant be delivered. In reality it isn't much about the toons indeed. Personally, I can only judge from some pics, but the sets look nicely done to be honest. Its only a slight make-over from the previous Cruella de Vil sets. On the other hand the car is still an eyesore, I simply don't like cars in a Disney park unless they are oldtimers that fit in with the theme.  :roll:

Hilary

Well, I'm a sucker for Chip & Dale (and have never seen Clarice) so lame though it may be I have a feeling I'll love it anyway!

disney_donutter

I can't wait to see this, so much seems to have changed since our last visit and it was only 5 months ago!

Kinou

When will DLRP lear to stick to the shows conceived by the US ? Animagique is cheap, Cruella was lame, Toon Train is PURE CRAP ! ! Look at the huge success of High School Musical, that's entertainement!! Even the Lion King was conceived under Anne Hamburger's management...
Hug it out bitch !

Kristof

Candleabration is sweet...  And was not conceived by the Americans.  Lilo & Stitch Catch the Wave Party is or was one of the most popular shows in the Resort, non-US too.  

I wouldn't rave too much about American shows either...  The WDW Cinderellabration is in my opinion still the worst Disney show ever, and don't get me started about Tarzan Rocks and Voyage of the The Little Mermaid.  Oh and their take on Moteurs Action :-#   Get my point?  

But still, Toon Train is stupid...  And HSM On Tour rocks  :lol: