Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinky

Thanks everyone :)
I actually woke up worried I had dreamt it all :S

Disney bud, no idea who I'll be friends with yet, i do know I was measured at 158cm at the audition which is around 5'2 :) which i think is pretty broad??

haha, Alaina, you don't know how glad i am to hear about the French situation, I figured out all i remember from French was 'I wake up at 7' 'trousers' and the days of the week (which i have to sing because i don't know them any other way!)

From looking back on posts it looks like some people think the call wont come, I know its easy for me to say now that I have been, but I think Daniel 100% means it when he says he wont just file away your c.v and forget about you :) and if it helps, I emailed about a month ago to update my contact details, maybe that shuffled me up a little? or showed my interest? who knows! but definitely don't give up hope!

I'm so excited :)
x

Alfie

I had a call from an unknown number yesterday after having read the last few posts (congratulations, btw) and then went into daydream mode that they were a Peter Pan down and needed one asap. Then snapped out of it and realised I'm not on the waiting list. Lol!

kelly.dylan

Quote from: "peterpan88"I had a call from an unknown number yesterday after having read the last few posts (congratulations, btw) and then went into daydream mode that they were a Peter Pan down and needed one asap. Then snapped out of it and realised I'm not on the waiting list. Lol!
Brilliant! hahaha :lol:  :lol:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

Chiyo

Don't worry Peter Pan, I've got the same daydream *smile*

laura:)

Hey guys!

How are you all? I haven't posted in a few days and I am still excited :D one month tomorrow and I will be starting my journey to Disney! I've got a lot to plan (and pack, lol). I'm not sure whether to take two suitcases or not because I don't think everything will fit in one and it seems too much if I bring two! I'll work things out as I go along ;)

I've handed in my notice for my current job :)

Mason, I really hope you get a call and soon, don't give up hope because it can happen  :thumbs:

I'll try and post more frequently because I've only done about 30, lol!

Speak soon! x x

Laura:)

_Natalie_x

Hi i started propa at the store today it were faaaabb!!
i was on tills :D its kinda hard cuz theres aloooott to remember and say like all the offers, gift wrapping, bags etc!! But im getting used to it.. just practice isnt it !!
its keeping me fit tho.. our store room is like a 5 minute walk away hahaa ! so when someone asks us to check something we have to go faaar to get it and i run so i can get back faster :p
loved it tho had a great first day :D
cant wait for my next shift on fri !! :D
hope everyones fab <3 xxxxxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

alaina82

Ahh glad u had a good time Nat, im sure u impressed everyone with ur Disney knowledge  :D

Laura...i took 2 HUGE holdalls with me and i just brought one home with me! I turned up with the most stuff but ive hardly worn any of it. Im not a girly girl and dont really care what i look like so ive basically lived in jeans and joggers. You only wear it to work and then u get changed into whatever u need for the day so u dont really go thru that much stuff. I dont really go out much in the evenings either so just got 1 pair of nice jeans, couple of leggins and a few tops/jumpers....you really dont need a huge amt! Bring ballet, tap and jazz shoes with u too (if u have them) cos theres free dance lessons here in the morning and evening that u can do! Take a cup and maybe some plastic plates/bowls cos the ones u get arent great, theyre adequate but not great...oh and put whatever English food u can in ur bag....mainly Dairy Milk, Marmite and Peanut Butter cos they dont do it here....oh and definately baked beans!! Ive just had to repack my bag like 3 times to fit in all the food im bringing back with me  :P

Quote from: "alaina82"Ahh glad u had a good time Nat, im sure u impressed everyone with ur Disney knowledge  :D

Laura...i took 2 HUGE holdalls with me and i just brought one home with me! I turned up with the most stuff but ive hardly worn any of it. Im not a girly girl and dont really care what i look like so ive basically lived in jeans and joggers. You only wear it to work and then u get changed into whatever u need for the day so u dont really go thru that much stuff. I dont really go out much in the evenings either so just got 1 pair of nice jeans, couple of leggins and a few tops/jumpers....you really dont need a huge amt! Bring ballet, tap and jazz shoes with u too (if u have them) cos theres free dance lessons here in the morning and evening that u can do! Take a cup and maybe some plastic plates/bowls cos the ones u get arent great, theyre adequate but not great...oh and put whatever English food u can in ur bag....mainly Dairy Milk, Marmite and Peanut Butter cos they dont do it here....oh and definately baked beans!! Ive just had to repack my bag like 3 times to fit in all the food im bringing back with me  :P

Thanks Alaina, I'll make sure to stock up on English food :D I really want to take those free dance classes, are they held at the park? I haven't got dancing shoes so I guess I will need to get some soon. Is there also a Disney fitness club because I'd love to join that (I need to get fit, lol). I'll also try and remember to get cups and plates etc...

I'm so exicited now, just one month to go :D can't wait to get started and meet you all.

itslewis

Congrats guys. How long are your contracts for?! You will be hearing the Christmas parade rehearsal music EVERY day...

Pinky

Hey everyone :)

Less than 3 weeks till I'm there! Seems like I've had less notice than other people!

I have a 2 month contract, I hope there's a chance for me to extend! though i get the feeling lots of people are taken on for Christmas so lots of us will have to go, kinda like a christmas temp job... but the BEST christmas temp job ever! hehe.
I'm character only so maybe I'll hear the music a little less :p

Natalie, I've ALWAYS wanted to have a job in the Disney store, but I was never given the chance, I can imagine working there your room will end up covered in Disney stuffs :D

Can't wait to meet people!! ahh, I wish you were starting at the same time as me Laura!
I'm taking one suitcase and a big... bag...thing, it seems like when i think I've planned everything I'm taking something else important crops up! hmmm

xxxx

Snowly Whitely

WOW! congratulations Pinky and Laura! thats so fantastic im so pleased for you both. It also gives me hope that i might still get the call!! When did you audition Pinky? had two missed calls from an unknown no. yesterday so have e-mailed Daniel to check-fingers crossed!!
And well done Natalie for getting the job at the Disney Store. Sounds like you're having an amazing time (loved your Snow White pic btw def my fave princess-hence the username lol)
AND hope your arm is ok Alaina. Sounds like a right pain. Get well soon!!
xx
[size=150]Hey There, Hi There, Ho There! It\'s a Disney Kinda Day![/size]

AislingM

Help me please! Ive an interview next monday in london...... can anyone tell me what the interview entails and how much french is involved? like is it mainly in english or french? Mon dieu!
Hotel Cheyenne January 1998, 99, 2000,
Newport Bay May 2002
Hotel Cheyenne January 03,04,05,06,07,08, 10,12
Sequoia Lodge January 2009, Feb 2013
Hotel New York November 11, Feb 14
Newport Bay November 14

Quote from: "Pinky"Hey everyone :)

Less than 3 weeks till I'm there! Seems like I've had less notice than other people!

I have a 2 month contract, I hope there's a chance for me to extend! though i get the feeling lots of people are taken on for Christmas so lots of us will have to go, kinda like a christmas temp job... but the BEST christmas temp job ever! hehe.
I'm character only so maybe I'll hear the music a little less :p

Natalie, I've ALWAYS wanted to have a job in the Disney store, but I was never given the chance, I can imagine working there your room will end up covered in Disney stuffs :D

Can't wait to meet people!! ahh, I wish you were starting at the same time as me Laura!
I'm taking one suitcase and a big... bag...thing, it seems like when i think I've planned everything I'm taking something else important crops up! hmmm

xxxx

Hey Pinky! Can't believe you start a few weeks before me but at least when I get there you can show me around, haha! I want to extend my contract as well, if I can. I didn't know you were just character only, that's what I am.

I'm gonna try not to pack too much because I'll be the one taking it all from my house to Paris. I have to make sure I don't forget anything!

Quote from: "Snowly Whitely"WOW! congratulations Pinky and Laura! thats so fantastic im so pleased for you both. It also gives me hope that i might still get the call!! When did you audition Pinky? had two missed calls from an unknown no. yesterday so have e-mailed Daniel to check-fingers crossed!!
And well done Natalie for getting the job at the Disney Store. Sounds like you're having an amazing time (loved your Snow White pic btw def my fave princess-hence the username lol)
AND hope your arm is ok Alaina. Sounds like a right pain. Get well soon!!
xx

Thanks Snowly Whitely! I'm so excited! Fingers crossed that you will join us soon :)

_Natalie_x

Quote from: "AislingM"Help me please! Ive an interview next monday in london...... can anyone tell me what the interview entails and how much french is involved? like is it mainly in english or french? Mon dieu!

Hello!  Welcome to the thread.. i am ever so sorry but i dont think any of us have ever been to an actual interview thats not for performing so we wont be able to help..
but if you could come back here after your interview and tell us all about it then it will help future interviewees then that would be lovely of you :) and we'd all love to hear how it went !! :)

BONNE CHANCE.. je suis sur que tu seras magnifiqqquuueeee!!  Sourire beaucoup et les montrer comment merveilleux tu es et pas de problem!!

Desole about my aaaawwwful french its been a few months since a level!! :p
xxxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Snowly Whitely

Hey AislingM welome :) Bonne chance avec l'entretien (?)! I'm sure you will be fine. Let us know how you get on.
And the missed calls were'nt from Daniel unfortunately :(
[size=150]Hey There, Hi There, Ho There! It\'s a Disney Kinda Day![/size]