Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "luke85"When I received my call, I was just offered the contract, no additional interview or anything :D nice and easy haha!

If you don't mind me asking Luke but are you a character performer or parade and character performer?

Mason :D
I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

luke85

Character and parade performer :) I'm 5'11" (well 5'10.5" if I'm being precise!).

So kind of an average height for many of the characters I suppose? The audition I went to was for face characters as well, so hopefully I'll get some experience of that, I'd love to be a prince for the day :D

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "luke85"Character and parade performer :) I'm 5'11" (well 5'10.5" if I'm being precise!).

So kind of an average height for many of the characters I suppose? The audition I went to was for face characters as well, so hopefully I'll get some experience of that, I'd love to be a prince for the day :D

God your lucky lol, I'm only a character performer and 6 foot tall so hopefully (due to my height) I may be lucky enough to be offered a contract (well I hope haha!)

I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

_Natalie_x

Luke i'd LOVE it if I went to Disneyland and you were one of the princes ! Hahahaha i think its like every girls dream to be a princess but they have a very specific look!!  Shame :(
i hope you get to be a face character.. would be so much fun!!
xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

itslewis

I don't think anyone has an interview, I didn't even just a phone-call... but I think it's because lots of people turned up on the day.

Lewis.

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "itslewis"I don't think anyone has an interview, I didn't either just a phone-call.

When we get there on our training week, every boy/girl is each height category will dress up as the Princes/Princesses and other Face Characters and the guy/girl who looks the best and is most suitable gets the role, same for costume characters, it's like a mini audition. I have a friend over in Disney who didn't get any Face characters just costume, while my other friends does everything lol.

Lewis.

Thanks Lewis! That is really useful information! So basically you gotta do another "audition" in theory (well only a mini one) haha! not long for you now is it

Mason  :D
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

itslewis

Quote from: "soramason7"
Quote from: "itslewis"I don't think anyone has an interview, I didn't either just a phone-call.

When we get there on our training week, every boy/girl is each height category will dress up as the Princes/Princesses and other Face Characters and the guy/girl who looks the best and is most suitable gets the role, same for costume characters, it's like a mini audition. I have a friend over in Disney who didn't get any Face characters just costume, while my other friends does everything lol.

Lewis.

Thanks Lewis! That is really useful information! So basically you gotta do another "audition" in theory (well only a mini one) haha! not long for you now is it

Yeh kind of lol. I think it might be different for costume, I don't think you need to audition for each character cause they will train you to move and sign the autographs ect, where as Face Characters will need to look like the character and resemble the correct facial features and expressions.

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "itslewis"
Quote from: "soramason7"

Lewis.

Yeh kind of lol. I think it might be different for costume, I don't think you need to audition for each character cause they will train you to move and sign the autographs ect, where as Face Characters will need to look like the character and resemble the correct facial features and expressions.

I sound like a right gimp, haha. No, three weeks EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!  :D

That's cool, although I've been researching and it seems as though alot of costume characters don't get contracts, but I remain hopeful! :) I hope they do offer me a contract! Really wanna ge out there haha!

<3 Kingdom Hearts!

alaina82

Hey guys, sorry haven't posted on here for a while but it's hardgoing doing it via the phone lol

first of all, sorry it's a bit late but....Hi Mason :) good luck with getting a contract, we all heard a cple if mths after our audition so I wouldn't worry!!

Lewis...u said that they choose face characters at training but weren't the prince & princesses chosen on the day? I know a cple of girls were picked from the queue & had a seperate audition bEfore we went in for the dance round. They then went & got hair & makeup done on the day so thought they'd been picked then. I hope I'm mistaken, I wanna be tinkerbell!!!

Ps....how many days now??? Lol xx

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "alaina82"Hey guys, sorry haven't posted on here for a while but it's hardgoing doing it via the phone lol

first of all, sorry it's a bit late but....Hi Mason :) good luck with getting a contract, we all heard a cple if mths after our audition so I wouldn't worry!!

Lewis...u said that they choose face characters at training but weren't the prince & princesses chosen on the day? I know a cple of girls were picked from the queue & had a seperate audition bEfore we went in for the dance round. They then went & got hair & makeup done on the day so thought they'd been picked then. I hope I'm mistaken, I wanna be tinkerbell!!!

Hi alaina! thank you! lol hopefully i'll be chosen as 1of the lucky few to become a cast member! haha

<3 Kingdom Hearts!

luke85

Lewis.
Oh no, not another audition  :( haha!

Makes sense I suppose, then everyone has a rough idea of what they'll be likely to play right from the start. Thanks for the info Lewis!

itslewis

Quote from: "alaina82"Hey guys, sorry haven't posted on here for a while but it's hardgoing doing it via the phone lol

Hey Alaina,

that was the same for my audition. About 5 girls were took away for hair and make-up but that was for characters they needed ASAP as I know one of them started like three weeks after so hopefully we still have a chance. I might be wrong but we will never know until we arrive. My friend who started around 4 weeks ago had to dress up as each Face Character in his height range then they choose who plays who. Anyway I might be wrong or be different for each start date, all depends on what they need. JUST THINK POSITIVE!

Lewis x

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "itslewis"

Hey Alaina,

that was the same for my audition. About 5 girls were took away for hair and make-up but that was for characters they needed ASAP as I know one of them started like three weeks after so hopefully we still have a chance. I might be wrong but we will never know until we arrive. My friend who started around 4 weeks ago had to dress up as each Face Character in his height range then they choose who plays who. Anyway I might be wrong or be different for each start date, all depends on what they need. JUST THINK POSITIVE!

Lewis x

It would be  cool if you do dress up as a load of different characters, I guess it gives you the chance to experience what it will be like before you start!

<3 Kingdom Hearts!

luke85

As long as we get given the chance to dress up as the characters for try-outs at least once I'll be happy! I'll be even happier with a role though of course :D

Not long now, 3 weeks from now we'll be in the Sports Bar getting to know everyone Lewis!

itslewis

Quote from: "luke85"As long as we get given the chance to dress up as the characters for try-outs at least once I'll be happy! I'll be even happier with a role though of course :D

Not long now, 3 weeks from now we'll be in the Sports Bar getting to know everyone Lewis!

Sports Bar? I think Alaina mentioned that. Is it like a welcoming party or something. So excited to meet everyone, Chris is sitting next to me on the Eurostar.. how random is that haha

Lewis :)