Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "Chiyo"I'm positive that I will get the job - someday! But I really hope, that I'll get it this time... it's better for my excited nerves :D

Kingdom Hearts! *_____* I love it too! Cause it's so cool to have this wonderful things (SquareEnix AND Disney) together. Thats absolutely my world! *smile*

Greetings
Chiyo ^^

Haha me too! I can't wait for the new game to come out in September! Shame its on the PSP! need to get one haha! You gotta love Sora! lol

And best thing to do is just to smile! Make sure your movements are big but controlled and have fun! if you have fun the casting directors will! It was an amazing experience for me and was my first ever professional audition I've done!

Mason  :D
I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

Chiyo

Oh it will be my first audition to - and that is the thing, that's scares me.
But you're right, smiling is the most importing thing, when you apply (and work) for Disney.
I'm so afraid because of the animation section. I'm worried, that don't know, what do to, or that I'm to shy to do something crazy :)

Oh, did you pass the Audition? Do you or did work at Disneyland?

Yes I know, I'm crazy, I wanna know everything - and I can't stop thinking about the Audtition and working in DLP. Miss it to be a Castmember ;)

Greetings
Chiyo ^^

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "Chiyo"Oh it will be my first audition to - and that is the thing, that's scares me.
But you're right, smiling is the most importing thing, when you apply (and work) for Disney.
I'm so afraid because of the animation section. I'm worried, that don't know, what do to, or that I'm to shy to do something crazy :)

Oh, did you pass the Audition? Do you or did work at Disneyland?

Yes I know, I'm crazy, I wanna know everything - and I can't stop thinking about the Audtition and working in DLP. Miss it to be a Castmember ;)

Greetings
Chiyo ^^

Yeh i passed my audition (messed up the dance section so can only be a Character Performer) but currently on the waiting list! And you're not crazy for asking so many questions lol it just means you're human! i was exactly the same! Go back a few pages and you'll see I was asking loads of questions too! haha

I personally found the animation stage alot easier than the dance section (but then i'm an actor not a dancer lol) All they do (if it's the same as my audition) is play some music and ask you to act out different characters as cheesy and big as possible! We had to be a Cowboy, a Pirate, 1 of the 7 Dwarfs, a villian, a prince or princess bowing, and finally wave goodbye as a cast member!  

You use to be a castmember!  :shock: Did your contract end or... Bet it was amazing still lol

I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

Chiyo

Quote from: "soramason7"Yeh i passed my audition (messed up the dance section so can only be a Character Performer) but currently on the waiting list! And you're not crazy for asking so many questions lol it just means you're human! i was exactly the same! Go back a few pages and you'll see I was asking loads of questions too! haha

I personally found the animation stage alot easier than the dance section (but then i'm an actor not a dancer lol) All they do (if it's the same as my audition) is play some music and ask you to act out different characters as cheesy and big as possible! We had to be a Cowboy, a Pirate, 1 of the 7 Dwarfs, a villian, a prince or princess bowing, and finally wave goodbye as a cast member!  

You use to be a castmember!  :shock: Did your contract end or... Bet it was amazing still lol

When have you been to audition, Mason?

Oh well, I can't if I'm more the actor or more the dancer. I actually love dancing, but not with choreography. So that is the reason, why I'm taking dance lessons right now, I want to be more flexible for the job.
Actor... yeah I played the main-role in an amateur-movie (unfortunately it was never released ^^") but I'm very afraid that I will be to shy.
So they play music and you can act like the characters. You can be creative, playing something like scene, or dancing or what? *confused*
And I already know, the more you are creative and kind of funny-crazy, right?

I worked in Disneyworld, Florida for one year, part of the Internationals Programms as Culturarl Representive in the German Pavillion.
It was a One-Year-Contract, and yeah, it was amazing ^^ I love the Company Disney, I don't want to stop working for it.
But the problem is: I don't speak French, only English, so that's reason why I am applying for Character Performer. Because of you, guys. You made it possible for, most of the performers are from UK! So, well: THANK YOU!  :D

Now I have to go back to planning the journey to Paris *dropp*
I hope, everything will work out for me ^^

Greetings,
Chiyo ^^ <----- still thinking about everything audition, she will probably dream about it *lol*

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "Chiyo"
Quote from: "soramason7"Yeh i passed my audition (messed up the dance section so can only be a Character Performer) but currently on the waiting list! And you're not crazy for asking so many questions lol it just means you're human! i was exactly the same! Go back a few pages and you'll see I was asking loads of questions too! haha

When have you been to audition, Mason?

Oh well, I can't if I'm more the actor or more the dancer. I actually love dancing, but not with choreography. So that is the reason, why I'm taking dance lessons right now, I want to be more flexible for the job.
Actor... yeah I played the main-role in an amateur-movie (unfortunately it was never released ^^") but I'm very afraid that I will be to shy.
So they play music and you can act like the characters. You can be creative, playing something like scene, or dancing or what? *confused*
And I already know, the more you are creative and kind of funny-crazy, right?

I worked in Disneyworld, Florida for one year, part of the Internationals Programms as Culturarl Representive in the German Pavillion.
It was a One-Year-Contract, and yeah, it was amazing ^^ I love the Company Disney, I don't want to stop working for it.
But the problem is: I don't speak French, only English, so that's reason why I am applying for Character Performer. Because of you, guys. You made it possible for, most of the performers are from UK! So, well: THANK YOU!  :D

Now I have to go back to planning the journey to Paris *dropp*
I hope, everything will work out for me ^^

Greetings,
Chiyo ^^ <----- still thinking about everything audition, she will probably dream about it *lol*

Well i auditioned at the Pineapple Dance Studio on the 27th July!

And sorry didn't really explain it that well! Let me explain again lol. They play some music and they give you instructions on what they want you to do for each count of 8.

1st Count of 8 - You walk forward as a cowboy
2nd Count of 8 - You have to walk around in a circle like a Pirate
3rd Count of 8 - You stand on the spot as 1 of the 7 dwarfs
4th Count of 8 - You walk left and right as a villian
5th Count of 8 - You take a bow as a Prince or Princess
Final Count of 8 - You walk off stage as a cast member waving goodbye!  

Oh wow! That must have been amazing! And you don't need to speak French at all for Character or Parade Performers!

So what day if your audition? I'm sure you'll be fine! Just enjoy it! And have a great time in Paris! lol

<3 Kingdom Hearts!

Chiyo

I'm  goona answer soon, feeling not well at the moment and I'm confused. Still don't know exactly what to at the animation section, but maybe I'll find out...

My audition will be on Wednesday, the 29th of September...

Chiyo

Okay, I'm definitely feeling better than yesterday.
But I'm still afraid of the animation section, I guess it stop once I'm through with it :)

So, now I have got a new question. Is it regular, that they sent me the invitation to the audition a second time? I haven't seen any request to send back a confirmation or something else. So probably it was only a mistake (the second e-mail I got today)?

Anyways, today I will book my travel to Paris - I'm so excited :D

Greetings and a wonderful wednesday to you
Chiyo ^^

_Natalie_x

Hi everyone, cant believe i've missed all this conversation :lol:   it just decided to stop sending me emails to tell me people were responding but nevermind haha <3
my friend who I auditioned with in leeds text me today and said that there are look-a-like auditions in London on August 23rd..
but I cant seem to find anything about it online.. does anyone have any information on it ? Im tryna get this girl to write back but she hasn't as of yet :lol:
i shall write back here with any further news!!
:)
lotsa love xxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

itslewis

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Hi everyone, cant believe i've missed all this conversation :lol:   it just decided to stop sending me emails to tell me people were responding but nevermind haha <3
my friend who I auditioned with in leeds text me today and said that there are look-a-like auditions in London on August 23rd..
but I cant seem to find anything about it online.. does anyone have any information on it ? Im tryna get this girl to write back but she hasn't as of yet :lol:
lotsa love xxx

Hey Natalie,

Yeh, it's for look-a-likes for Tokyo Disney!

Disney Character Look-alikes
For: Tokyo Disney Resort
Audition City: London, England
Looking For: Disney Character Look-alikes
Monday, August 23, 2010
10:00 AM
Time zone: London

Lewis x

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Hi everyone, cant believe i've missed all this conversation :lol:   it just decided to stop sending me emails to tell me people were responding but nevermind haha <3
lotsa love xxx

Hi Natalie!

Yep it is true! Toyko Disney Resort are looking for Look-a-likes & Vocalists & Dancers & Female Aerialists! All the information is based on the official Disney Auditions Website!

For Look-a-likes - http://corporate.disney.go.com/audition ... dition3178
For Dancers - http://corporate.disney.go.com/audition ... dition3184
For Vocalists - http://corporate.disney.go.com/audition ... dition3179
For Female Aerialists - http://corporate.disney.go.com/audition ... dition3183

So yeh hope this helps!

<3 Kingdom Hearts!

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "itslewis"
lotsa love xxx

Hey Natalie,

Yeh, it's for look-a-likes for Tokyo Disney!

Disney Character Look-alikes
For: Tokyo Disney Resort
Audition City: London, England
Looking For: Disney Character Look-alikes
Monday, August 23, 2010
10:00 AM
Time zone: London

Lewis x

Beat me to it Lewis lol

<3 Kingdom Hearts!

_Natalie_x

Aw everyones so helpful <3  thanksss guys for clearin tht up! I dont wanna work in tokyo, even though its still Disney, i need to keep up my french ! :lol:

thanks to both of youu :)
xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Aw everyones so helpful <3  thanksss guys for clearin tht up! I dont wanna work in tokyo, even though its still Disney, i need to keep up my french ! :lol:

thanks to both of youu :)
xx

not a problem lol!

just a question natalie! You've auditioned for disney before... are you on their books or have you gotta re-audition?
I ask coz i was wondering lol

<3 Kingdom Hearts!

_Natalie_x

Haha its ok.. ive gotta keep auditioning !
auditioned for the first time in London at a dance festival so when I messed up the dance part (which was the first bit) they cut me :(  boo. everyone seemed to be really professional dancers so dint have much of a chance at that one, but it was nice for experience.
then auditioned a few weeks ago in Leeds and dint even make it through animation stage.. booo more!!
im keeping trying though.. you never know what theyre looking for so just hopefully its me sometime ;) :D

Was the audition you did to get on the books your first audition?? :)

Natalie xx
Here we are... <3[/b]

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Haha its ok.. ive gotta keep auditioning !
auditioned for the first time in London at a dance festival so when I messed up the dance part (which was the first bit) they cut me :(  boo. everyone seemed to be really professional dancers so dint have much of a chance at that one, but it was nice for experience.
then auditioned a few weeks ago in Leeds and dint even make it through animation stage.. booo more!!
im keeping trying though.. you never know what theyre looking for so just hopefully its me sometime ;) :D

Was the audition you did to get on the books your first audition?? :)

Natalie xx

That must suck! I thought that they have too many people to be able to teach the dance moves! you have no room to practise! I messed up really bad in the dance part! I started doing Saturday night fever coz i completely lost it haha! (I should add that I am 19 and stopped dance when i was 13 so 6 years without dance... I'm kinda rusty lol)

And yeh this was my first ever professional audition I have ever done! (not including drama school applications) I still can't believe it though! I mean i honestly didn't think i was gonna get through the first round so to be on there books is amazing! I just wanna get out there now! then its a dream I can cross off my bucket list! lol (kinda sad but i do have one! lol) I would love to work out there so much!

<3 Kingdom Hearts!