Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laura:)

I'm just down as a character performer. Do many character performers get contracted or are parade and character performers more likely to get the job?

itslewis

Quote from: "laura:)"I'm just down as a character performer. Do many character performers get contracted or are parade and character performers more likely to get the job?

I've been told Character & Parade have a better chance as they can do more than just character which saves extra contacts. However, it all depends on what they need. There might not be a girl the same height and look as you on the Character and Parade waiting list so you would obviously get the job.. if that makes sense.

Also, I didn't get a phonecall until two months after my audition, so I emailed Daniel and luckily the email put my name in his mind and as soon as a contract was available (about 2 hours after I emailed) I got the call!  :D

Lewis x

I emailed Daniel about an hour ago checking if I put the right availability dates down on the form. How long does he usually take to reply back?

luke85

He's usually pretty quick, I received a response in about 20 minutes, but obviously if you're asking him questions about your availability dates he might not have them on him unless he's at work?

OK, thank you.

itslewis

27 days...

luke85

:D

alaina82

AAGGHHHH i still havent passed the 1 mth mark :(

Quote from: "alaina82"AAGGHHHH i still havent passed the 1 mth mark :(

how long was it is when you got the call after your audition and are you a character and parade performer?

alaina82

Hey laura

Yeh im character and parade and it was about 2 mths after my audition that i got a call. It all depends on whether someone your height leaves so its kinda pot luck really! If you contact Daniel regularly to let him know youre still available and interested he might remember you when a position becomes available, like what happened to Lewis!

Ah right, thanks. I emailed Daniel the other day about availability dates so hopefully I'll get a reply back soon.

_Natalie_x

Hey Laura :) Congratulations on getting through!! Did you enjoy the audition? :)  And if you don't mind me asking.. how tall are you?  :D random question :P  
Natalie xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

_Natalie_x

Hey again guys.. i've just had an email back from Daniel!
I'm ever so shocked i really didn't expect him to write back but that's fab of him that he does. :)

At my audition I asked him if i could attend the other audition in a few days but he said "there is no point because the result would be the same" so i was abit nervy about what he meant by this.. like was I just totally not right for Disney and that was a nice way of putting it? Loll so I wanted to email him just so he knew I was still interested and I basically told him what he said and asked if he meant it was not for me this time or if theres something he picked out that I could work on etc? Shot in the dark I know but it gave me abit of peace of mind hahaa :P well low and behold he wrote back today..

"Dear Natalie,
Thank you for your Email and your interest in auditioning for the role of character / parade performer at Disneyland Paris.
In reply to your question, you were not what we were looking for at this moment in time.
If you are interested in working as a skin character, with in the Character and Parade Department, we need you to apply on our web-site, a maximum of 2 months before your availability start date. www.disneylandparis-casting.com/en (Entertainment - all our offers).

Thank you for your understanding in this matter and we hope to see you soon.
Daniel HARDING
Casting Director
Character and Parade department
Disneyland Paris"

So i think thats pretty nice of him to be fair ! Also makes me feel alot better hahaha and confirms that im not just a big douche for trying :P    Im going to send my CV and things to the website now like he's said.. and carry on auditioning when I can :)
xxxxxx
ps. lewis thank you for his addresss xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

luke85

Ah good Natalie! Daniel's really good at replying, I've emailed him before and thought he might think I was a bit silly for asking him stupid things, but he makes you feel at ease with what he sends back :)

Quote from: "_Natalie_x"Hey Laura :) Congratulations on getting through!! Did you enjoy the audition? :)  And if you don't mind me asking.. how tall are you?  :D random question :P  
Natalie xx

Hey Natalie,

Thank you :) the audition was fun even though there was limited room but everyone managed to get over that and I'm about 5ft 1'.