Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alaina82

Yeh Daniel usually replies within a day or so altho has replied to me within an hour before!! I do worry that he gets annoyed with constant questions tho so havent emailed him for a while :p

Hooray Laura another little person like myself...im only 5" :)  Mickey is in our height range, how cool would that be!!

Nat, just keep on audtioning!! You'll get there one day and im sure u were great on the day but as he said just not what they were specifically looking for at that particular moment. Def apply online, i did and they emailed me about auditions etc. even tho there were in The Stage. They may go down the route that auditions are by invitation only at some point due to the huge numbers of people that turn up at the open ones, if youre already registered with them and they have all your info chances are you'll be one of the people that are invited!!

On another note.....24 days boys :)  
xxx

Mason Cooper

Hey

so I went to the audition at Pineapple Dance Studio on the 27th July 2010 and got through but am now on there books. I am only a Character Performer as I failed at the Dance stage (seriously did bad!). i noticed that their was hardly any guys there and most of the ones that got through (including myself) only got offered Character Performers. So was wondering do guys have a better chance of being offered a contract or was this audition just a one off?

Still can't believe I got through! Hehe! =D

Also how long did people have to wait for phone calls

Cheers
Mason =D
I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

_Natalie_x

Hi Mason welcome to the forum!! :D
I do reckon that boys have a better chance of getting in because I think it's just obvious that there are more girls who audition so the competition is tighter..
although that shouldn't take anything away from you, they wouldnt take boys just because they are boys, you obviously have to be good enough so a massive congratulations for getting through to their books!!
Luke and Lewis were in the same position as you so im sure they can tell you better than me how it works :D
Congratulations again.. :)
Natalie xx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

Mason Cooper

Thanks Natalie! I just wanna get out there! Lol

Mason :D
I\'ve been having these weird thoughts lately... like is any of this for real or not?
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

itslewis

Quote from: "soramason7"Hey

so I went to the audition at Pineapple Dance Studio on the 27th July 2010 and got through but am now on there books. I am only a Character Performer as I failed at the Dance stage (seriously did bad!). i noticed that their was hardly any guys there and most of the ones that got through (including myself) only got offered Character Performers. So was wondering do guys have a better chance of being offered a contract or was this audition just a one off?

Still can't believe I got through! Hehe! =D

Also how long did people have to wait for phone calls

Cheers
Mason =D

Hey Mason,

I disagree, I think were all on an equal playing field. There are certain heights and looks for each sex, so we all have to fight just as hard. The only advantage for the boys is not as many boys turn up, so in that case yes we do have a slight advantage. Also, lots of characters need people to be 6inches tall or higher, so boys have advantage here, where as the small height characters are mainly females characters.

In my audition, there were lots of lads and the majority didn't get through at all! I knew a lot of lads who got kicked off the first round. Like I said, it's all based on looks and height for what they need.. doesn't mean they weren't good enough. Don't get me wrong, there were some people who didn't exactly scream Disney and didn't perform.. but that's like every audition.

I'm doing the Character Performer & Parade Dancer, and I received the phone-call like two months after the audition! I emailed Daniel about three times explaining how eager I was to start, so email him now and then just to remind him and get your name in his head!

Lewis  :D

Mason Cooper

Oh ok, that's cool! I guess every audition is different in that respect! Lucky really as I'm also over 6 foot tall! So when you say email him about how eager I am so get out their what should I write coz I don't wanna make it sound like I'm desperate or trying to brown nose, if you get what I mean?

Mason :)
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

itslewis

Quote from: "soramason7"Oh ok, that's cool! I guess every audition is different in that respect! Lucky really as I'm also over 6 foot tall! So when you say email him about how eager I am so get out their what should I write coz I don't wanna make it sound like I'm desperate or trying to brown nose, if you get what I mean?

Mason :)

I would leave it for 4 weeks, then email him just basically saying you've waited for a month and haven't heard anything and your really eager to start ASAP! If that helps lol?

Lewis.

Mason Cooper

haha yeh that does! i just really wanna get out there! lol its like my dream job! still in shock that i got through all the rounds haha!

but funnily enough no guys got offered the parade performers! and out of 300 people there was only 14 guys! i couldn't believe it. Only 7 guys got through to the end.

Mason =D
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

luke85

Congratulations Mason!

Definitely agree with what others have said, give Daniel an email in a month or two, to confirm your availability dates and to stress how keen you still are :)

Hope to see you out there soon!

Mason Cooper

Thank You! =) lol

Hopefully i will hear something in a month or so (figures crossed!)

Mason =D
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

Mason Cooper

just thought of something

when you get a contract what stuff do they say you should take out with you

Mason =D
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

kelly.dylan

Just back from sunny spain and seen your news Natalie, such a shame but keep trying, it will be your time soon xx :ears:
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

laura:)

When they contact you for a job position don't they interview you at all or do you just receive your contract?

Mason Cooper

Quote from: "laura:)"When they contact you for a job position don't they interview you at all or do you just receive your contract?

Good Question! what happens with interviews
<3 Kingdom Hearts!

luke85

When I received my call, I was just offered the contract, no additional interview or anything :D nice and easy haha!