Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanríonÓg

Hey Sam! yeahhh georgiegirl is right! i was at the same auditions in london and thats what all the guys were wearing :) as long as you feel comfortable and can mooooove you'll be grand :)

haha shall be seeing you in leeds btw ;)

GeorgieGirl

banrionog (i hope that's spelt right!) were you a the movie it audition???

BanríonÓg

yeah it is...it just means 'little princess' in Irish :P

And YES! i was...it was soooo amazing :)

Mrslovett

Hi guys

I'm new to this blog, I'll be joining you in Leeds for auditions travelling all the way from sunny Glasgow!
Im soooo excited but I have a little worry...

I have dance and acting experience and am ideal height and have facial characteristics for a role. However i may be on the chubby side. I'm an experienced performer, do you think this will hold me back?

Thanks everyone, also good luck!!!!

ssaamm

Thanks both banrionOrg and GeorgieGirl :)

Is it worth booking into a hotel in leeds the night before the audition, or should I just get up early in the morning to travel there?

Hopefully I'll see some of you there :)

GeorgieGirl

@banrionOrgAhhhh awesome, same one! Why did it have to be so early though! Arg!

@ssaamm No worries :) , where are you traveling from and what time is the audition?

Welcome @MrsLovett! (Love the name), in complete honesty to your question, it will most likely mean you wouldn't get any face characters. The Princesses are all pretty slender and then there's Alice and Wendy who are meant to be children, and the villains and everything all have set costumes that they don't adapt to different sizes! Of course you may be ok I don't know exactly what size you are. :) HOWEVER you may be fine as a costume character? They do contracts just for that which is great. Most importantly though just smile and be disney! You never know what they're looking for and you may be just it! And the fact you have dance experience and such is good too!! Let us know how it goes!

ssaamm

Haha, love my clever brain to forget to say where im from :)

Anyway the audition is 10am and Im from Newcastle :)

outofstep

Quote from: "Disniamh"
Quote from: "outofstep"Hey I've an interview in Dublin on Tuesday too! Me and a friend are heading to it. I'm quite excited about it- Despite is being a job interview, it sounds really fun haha! Just trying to brush up on my French now! Fingers crossed we all get contracts!  :D

Ah really thats so cool maybe i'll see you so! :) I know it's so excited would be so cool to work there for the summer! ah that would be great have you learnt much french for it?

@mackattack how did the interview go today? :) Any tips for tomorrow's audition? getting really nervous now :O

Yeah if you see us come over and say hello- I'll be the girl with glasses wearing a blue dress and white blazer haha! :) Oh my god, I know! Would actually be a dream come true to get a job there! I did French in school years ago so have been just kind of looking over stuff about my hobbies and why I want to work in Disneyland. I think I've revised enough so that I'll be able to answer any question, but hopefully most of the interview will be in English. We'll just have to wait and see!! :)

Disniamh

i will indeed if I see you! I'll be wearing black jeans flowery top and grey jacket :) aaah i'm on a bus now hoping to cram in some french :P i hope most of its in english too and that theres not too many hard questions sure we'll see how it goes! :)

Best of luck anyway if I dont see you! Hopefully we'll all get jobs :D

BanríonÓg

@Georgiegirl - Gahhhh i know right.....soooo early, plus the fact i was coming from dublin as well...totally worth it though!

I was just wondering....but do you by any chance know how this guy called michael got on?....he was wearing an orange op i think?!...Yeahh we'd both come on our own and got chatting once we both got through animation :) love to know if he got cast or anything, he was super lovely :)

@ssaamm - im not sure how far newcastle is from leeds but because I'm so far away, I'm gonna have to stay over...there are some really cheap hotels nearby if you book around now! :P

GeorgieGirl

@banrionOg- I don't remember off the top of my head, but did he get through the dance round? Because everyone who got through that round either got taken off to be made up as a face character, or got put on the waiting list as a straight costume character or parade/show dancer- so if he was there he did well!

@ssaamm- Newcastle is only an hour or so from leeds isn't it? You'll be fine just getting up early and traveling if that's the case- especially since the audition isn't until 10am! :)

rebecca

is it the dublin interview today? exciting if so!! x

BanríonÓg

@georgiegirl - yup we both got though dance but then we got separated...that makes sense though! :)

GeorgieGirl

Ohhhh I see! How did you get on then? Did you get a job?? Or waiting list or what? What group were you in??  :D Haha, so many questions!

mackattack

Interview over and done with since yesterday..didn't get a chance to post on here tho because I was so tired..

It went well I think..
There were two interviewers and the session started as normal with the presentation and the quiz (I won two prizes :) a disneyland pen and a packet of sweets with finding nemo on them :P )

I was really nervous at the beginning but the quiz and the presentation really calmed my nerves and when we were called for the interview, i was relatively calm..:D

Then the interviews started, we did them in pairs. There was definitely over 40 people at the interview...maybe even 50.
I was interviewed close to the beginning. My interviewer began in english asking us about ourselves and then she changed to french and asked us our past times, what i wanted to do in uni next year, if i had my driving licence, which job I wanted etc..she also asked me what would I do if i encountered a difficult customer which kind of put me off a little bit and I ended up answering in English..

She complimented me on my french and my accent, so I'm hoping that's a good thing! I so want to get into that talent pool..They told us we should know by the end of the week..so now it's just a waiting game..I'm so excited!

Ps. The other interviewer did none of the interview in English, all in french! And apparently he asked some very difficult questions as well. He also tested some peoples third language if they had one..like spanish!

Over all, the interview was a very enjoyable experience, and even If i don't get it..at least i can say that i got to experience the interview!