Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itslewis

Quote from: "littlemermaid303"Hello everyone,
i'm new to the forum.
I'm joining the CM team on May 31st (operatrice/animatrice d'attraction). It was a totally last minute thing. So I have a question. How much money did you guys really need to bring to manage the first month and what are the extra expenses (apart from the obvious personal ones for food etc.) that Disney does not mention in the information attached to the contract. Navigo? WiFi? Etc? And what sort of black shoes should girls bring?

There's free WiFi in both residences so don't worry about that :)

Ant

Quote from: "littlemermaid303"Hello everyone,
i'm new to the forum.
I'm joining the CM team on May 31st (operatrice/animatrice d'attraction). It was a totally last minute thing. So I have a question. How much money did you guys really need to bring to manage the first month and what are the extra expenses (apart from the obvious personal ones for food etc.) that Disney does not mention in the information attached to the contract. Navigo? WiFi? Etc? And what sort of black shoes should girls bring?

You could easily survive on 400 euros /month, but I'd reccomend around 600 just to be sure. I've found that eating at the cafeterias in the parks works out better for price wise. most times i got a lunch/dinne for around 3/4 euros.  In Auchan I found a lot of the things are quite expensive, especially meat compared to UK prices. **There is a cheaper section at the very back of the AuChan store if you prefer cheaper things for food.(the chocolate isnt bad either)***

the Disney provided Wifi is not free and (if i remember correctly) Costs 8 euros for one week or 15 for 1 month. The wifi in Pleaides is hit or miss and the majority of the time had to go and sit on the floor at reception to get any Wifi. **There are public networks that you could use for free providing someone gives you a login for the SFR or Neuf Wifi networks, (I forget the login i used for it sorry)

Navigo is very easy to purchase, 5 euros for the card itself at any train station, there is one at Val d'Europe and one at Chessy(Disney). I think for one week of use its 16 euros and for a Month its near 50. But you do get part of it refunded to  you if you fill it the right forms in time and submit them to service pay.

As operatrice I think you're given security shoes, I'm not too sure as I've only worked in restauration.  They will tell you off if theyre open top shoes as girls normally wear I hear. From where i've worked they've been very relaxed about what shoes I wear, e.g I woe a pair of black trainers from Primark during easter!

Phew! If you need any more info, send me a wee message.

Ecossais

Ant's practically covered most things there! Kudos :)

Wifi is still 8 and 15 euros as priced, you are cheaper eating there than buying food and tbh in any case since you're opérations (like moi!) your shift patterns will really dictate your eating times anyway...unless you love cooking a massive meal around midnight! :P

Auchan is the best thing since sliced bread...especially up the back. You're better buying all your rice, pasta and cereals in the dispensors as it works out cheaper! :D Just remember if you're getting heavy things that you're gonna have to carry it back to accommodation, the first time I went I got a bit carried away and my poor arms paid the price!

Depending on what ride you're working on depends whether or not they'll provide security shoes for you. In any case, like ant said nip into Primark and get a pair of black shoes just incase - you can never go wrong with simple black shoes!

If you're stuck with anything or need something explained, don't hesitate to ask someone....most folk are lovely and will help you out the best they can and if you're still lost, feel free to get back on the forum and we'll answer all :D

joanne1989

Did anyone get travel insurance for going to disney?

Chiyo

Hello together!

I had been to the german recruitment session yesterday, and I think, I can clear something according the accomodiation problem.

They told us, that they are almost full over the summer month (a few beds are still availible) but they would ask you, if it is possible to start in october or for the christmas season, when most of the summer season people are gone again.

So no worries, that you will not get a room from Disney, it's only now for summer, that they have these space defiles.

And now to me: Basically I got the job, but I still have to improve my french, then do a telefone interview and then I could probably start around Halloween.

I guess, they were impressed by me, my personalty and my cause of my year in Florida, so I'm very happy now :)

Good luck to every one, who is waiting, who is starting soon and who is going to audition!
And never forget to put your best smile on your face for Disney - it's the best you can do! :)

Greetings, Chiyo :)

tinker_fairy

Well done chiyo!!!
NEXT DISNEY TRIP BOOKED!!

July/August 2013 :D

Just back from the best holiday yet \":D\"

mdw

hi, i have just returned from our 1st trip to disney paris and I was extremely impressed with the language of the characters and people working in the shop. EVERYBODY we spoke to on our visit spoke clear english. Flynn Rider made his way through the Rapunzel queue spending 5mins with every child, I heard him speak fluent english, spanish and french! All the princesses interacted really well with my daughters, speaking to them individually. They have barely mentioned rides and shows they non-stop talk about what each princess said. They got cuddles and kisses the lot! They were both dressed in costumes everyday, even shop assistants called them princesses! I cannot praise you enough and thought you deserve recognition and to know that it made our time at paris extremely special. We've got priceless pictures and videos. thank you very much!!!!

we are going to return in 2 years time and are going to do the princess meal next time, we are excited already!!

michelle

niamh

Hey! Do you guys think that it's too late for me to apply for a summer job?? I'm an Irish student studying French at university. I was going to apply a few weeks ago but with exams and moving back home etc I forgot and am only getting round to it now. The casting page doesn't have many job offers but last Monday Disney posted job offers on several recruitment websites. It is my dream to work in Disneyland and I would do any kind of job!

Ecossais

Niamh you could chance your arm, but if you apply now it'd probably be for Halloween and/or Christmas :)

jessica-loves-disney

hi guys, i am thinking about auditioning for a summer job for summer 2012 in between my first and second year at uni. i am really not sure how to go about this, the requirements, when to audition, how it all works etc. any advice/info would be very much appreciated (: thanks!
September 2010 - Santa Fe
our first holiday together (:

July 2011 - Seqouia Lodge
taking advantage of 45% off (:

nickyd

For all those looking for work this summer (and organise your own accommodation) it looks like they are holding another set of interviews:

Thank you for your interest in employment with Disneyland Paris.

We would like to invite you for an interview on Tuesday June 07th in LONDON at 10:00 AM UK time: Please see below:

TUESDAY JUNE 07th - LONDON - 10AM (UK Time)

IL BOTTACIO
9 Grosvenor Place
London SW1X 7SH, United Kingdom
Metro: Hyde Park Corner

Please bring with you:
• the copy and original of your passport or identity card
• Your resume
• this invitation.

Please make sure you are present no later than 10AM (UK time) with the required documents.

We will start at 10AM with a presentation of Disneyland Paris and the different vacancies, then proceed with the interviews.
Please make sure you are available most of the day (at least until 3 or 4 PM).

We regret not to be able to participate in your travel expenses for this appointment.

Please note, we still have summer contracts available but have no more possibility to accommodate you during this period as our residences are full. If you apply for a summer contract, you will need to find your own accomodation around Disney or in the Paris area.

However, we will also be recruiting for contracts later in the year (trainingships, Gap Years, Halloween, Christmas, Easter 2012 and summer 2012).

Why not anticipate your plans for next year and be the first candidates to celebrate Disney's 20th anniversary in 2012!!

Please register yourself by June 06th 11.00 am (UK time) at the latest.

If you cannot come, please do not register below or cancel your registration.

Best regards,
Noellie BODEN
Disneyland Paris

You just need to apply via the recruitment sites.

gldc

Applied.  :thumbs:

Any idea of accomodation nearby I could get for a decent price if I were to get in?

EDIT: Through to interview on 7th June in London. Anyone else going?
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

niamh

I'm through to the interview as well but I don't know if I can go to London :( I sent an email asking if I could do a phone interview instead but I'm waiting on a reply.

SophieBelle

Helllooo :)
Congratulations to anyone going over to disney to work i bet you cant wait :)
I havent been on here in sooo long :( I was just wondering anyone who went to the leeds/london audtions in april... have you heard anything... i hate being on the 'waiting list' :( hahah

Sophiebelle
xxxx

tinker_fairy

I would apply for every job going in Disney, if only I didn't struggle so terribly with French :(
NEXT DISNEY TRIP BOOKED!!

July/August 2013 :D

Just back from the best holiday yet \":D\"