Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itslewis

Quote from: "bisouskyla"
Quote from: "itslewis"I don't understand that at all, I'm returning to Disney on the 27th and my accommodation is all provided? I only recently accepted the contract too.. weird.

....maybe they just like you better lol
lol I dealt that very much.. I think maybe performers are accommodated before anyone else, I have no idea!

Quote from: "Ashe"
Quote from: "bisouskyla"
Quote from: "itslewis"I don't understand that at all, I'm returning to Disney on the 27th and my accommodation is all provided? I only recently accepted the contract too.. weird.

....maybe they just like you better lol

Maybe depends how recent? This seems to be as recent as in the past couple of weeks, maybe less.

Only about a couple of weeks ago.. I know people who have received contracts about a week ago and have accommodation. I have no idea how they run/plan it all, but I'm very confused. I bet finding accommodation outside Disney residence when you have never been there before would be very difficult and stressful!!

Ashe

Quote from: "itslewis"Only about a couple of weeks ago.. I know people who have received contracts about a week ago and have accommodation. I have no idea how they run/plan it all, but I'm very confused. I bet finding accommodation outside Disney residence when you have never been there before would be very difficult and stressful!!

How strange :/ I asked about a possibility of being put on a waiting list or something but Noellie said it wasn't possible because this is after cancellations and whatnot have been taken into account so maybe you and some others were factored into the situation before they figured it all out? And maybe this is leaving some spaces for characters as well? I did notice they put up an urgent notice looking for Wendys and Alices (which I'd be tempted to go for if I manage to get a place).

I managed to find a block of student flats in Serris (which is where Les Pléiades are) which seems quite good (if a little expensive) and my family friend who is fluent in french is phoning up for me tomorrow to see what the deal is (I could probably manage on my french but since she's lived in France for a few years she knows what to ask about). I'm really hoping I can get in there because if not I'm completely stumpted :/ I have a friend who can put me up in Paris but I'd rather not be in Paris since it's a bit away.

I don't suppose someone can tell me how much roughly we get after taxes and whatnot are taken off wages? Just so I don't end up renting for 500 euros a month and not being able to afford it! haha.

Ecossais

Ashe,

What did you say your job would be at Disney? Just watch where you find accommodation, as they do require you to work irregular hours whereby if you don't get the first train/bus you're late for work! :P Trust me, I ALMOST did it once on my last contract when I had a 6:35 start, meaning the bus from Pléiades at about 5:25/leaving the park about 23h05 and arriving at pléiades quite late at night...Not the most pleasant experience ever! It sometimes compares to walking past Garage & ABC at kicking out time haha - Once you're in the suburbs of Paris aswell it's a wee bit daunting tbh!

If you manage to find accommodation or get yourself sorted out for working, it'd be decent to have a fellow Glaswegian working in Disney lol...I'm fed up being the only one whose accent gets mocked! With regards to pay, it depends what your job is and what your contract stipulates...generally you'll work just a wee bit more than the contracted hours, but your pay will reflect this. Taxation is 23% of your wages!

Bon courage! :)

Ashe

Quote from: "Ecossais"Ashe,

What did you say your job would be at Disney? Just watch where you find accommodation, as they do require you to work irregular hours whereby if you don't get the first train/bus you're late for work! :P Trust me, I ALMOST did it once on my last contract when I had a 6:35 start, meaning the bus from Pléiades at about 5:25/leaving the park about 23h05 and arriving at pléiades quite late at night...Not the most pleasant experience ever! It sometimes compares to walking past Garage & ABC at kicking out time haha - Once you're in the suburbs of Paris aswell it's a wee bit daunting tbh!

If you manage to find accommodation or get yourself sorted out for working, it'd be decent to have a fellow Glaswegian working in Disney lol...I'm fed up being the only one whose accent gets mocked! With regards to pay, it depends what your job is and what your contract stipulates...generally you'll work just a wee bit more than the contracted hours, but your pay will reflect this. Taxation is 23% of your wages!

Bon courage! :)

I don't have a contract yet because I told Noellie I'd need to find out about accomodation first! D: OH NO! NOT THE GARAGE! The amount of times I've had to suffer passing by there at 4am is horrendous :P Surely nothing could be quite as bad!

I was a bit worried about that but these were the absolute closest I could find :/ I did wonder about getting a bike or something so I could cycle past the scariness! haha.

I promise I'll do my best to get over there and take away some of the mocking! Haha.

Thanks for all the information! hopefully I can get my arse over there! It's scary that I'll know by Friday and then I'll be there in 2 weeks. D:

MERCI!!!

itslewis

Ashe, are you Character & Parade contract?

Ashe

Quote from: "itslewis"Ashe, are you Character & Parade contract?

Nah, one of the service and maintenance ones. Don't actually have a job yet since I'm still flat-hunting and Noellie told me to let her know by Friday then she'll find me a job.

itslewis

Nah, one of the service and maintenance ones. Don't actually have a job yet since I'm still flat-hunting and Noellie told me to let her know by Friday then she'll find me a job.

I think they only take on Character & Parade contracts when accommodation is available, cause I don't know anyone on that department who has been offered a contract without accommodation from what I know of. Anyway, hope you find suitable accommodation! Some apartments aren't that expensive just a hassle to sort out while your in the UK. Have you asked Noellie to suggest any apartments that you can rent? The best place would be near one of the two Disney housing complexes, they have some lovely apartments and you will be near all the local transport making travelling to work and back much easier.

Lewis  :D

Ashe

Quote from: "itslewis"

I think they only take on Character & Parade contracts when accommodation is available, cause I don't know anyone on that department who has been offered a contract without accommodation from what I know of. Anyway, hope you find suitable accommodation! Some apartments aren't that expensive just a hassle to sort out while your in the UK. Have you asked Noellie to suggest any apartments that you can rent? The best place would be near one of the two Disney housing complexes, they have some lovely apartments and you will be near all the local transport making travelling to work and back much easier.

Lewis  :D

Thanks! :D I found a few places in Serris and one in Chessy and a family friend, who is fluent and has been in France for a few years so knows the housing score, was kind enough to phone them for me today. They said (bizzarely, since the Chessy ones are closest. I think they're trying to get rid of them) that Serris is most suitable but that they couldn't offer me an appartment independantly if I was going to be employed by Disney and that it had to be booked through Disney. I didn't know if this meant that a few of them had been set aside for Disney and that meant that I won't be able to get my hands on them or that they just need to be booked through an employer. So I sent Noellie an email but she hasn't replied yet since she was out of the office today. I'm fairly sure Noellie must hate me so much right now haha. My step-dad keeps telling me to ask her to recommend places but I've sent her so many emails that I don't want to unecessarily bother her again :P

I really hope I can get one of them though cause they're perfect! I love the Chessy ones! And they all have insurance included which my friend tells me can be quite hard to find.

If all else fails I may have a friend who can put me up for a while whilst I look for something but I'd rather not have that burden whilst I'm over there.

Jinx

Quote from: "silj"Hi everybody,
I'm going to work at Disneyland next summer as "Counter service food and beverage host (employé de restauration)". Anybody knows if it can be working in a fast food restaurant, or would it be mentioned? ("cuisine rapide" or something like that)
Anybody here who has done this kind of a job in dlrp? (:
If I have understood correctly, it is a job in a fast food restaurant. My contract starts on the 9th June.

joanne1989

Hey I'm leaving for Disney on the 3rd of June and I don't no what I'm supposed to bring. What is a vaccination book/health records? Would I have to get that off my doctor or what? And how do I get my birth certificate translated into french? Can I do it myself or does it have to be official? I know I have to bring black shoes too but is there anything else that I've forgotten?
Thanks, Joanne :)

nickyd

Basically Disney are no different from any other multi-national corporation.  Their attitude is magnified by being American in that they will do what is best for them.

No many other organisations can get people to turn up for interviews from all over the UK (the same in other European countries) to apply for what are basically mainly shop assistant and McJobs, then tell them that they have had a good interview but wait until we see if we can find a job - which may or may not have been available in the first place.

The main attraction of Disney was the provided accommodation and now that appears to have run out, it takes a determined person to accept work based on finding a place to stay for themselves.

fly_with_me_dumbo

hello does anyone know the email address to contact for imagineer jobs, i tried using one i found via the disney uni site but it just bounces back, so i emailed the casting one but its an automatic response so didn't get any help there. thank you :)

Ant

Oh god, I just logged in here after being in Disney for easter and having a lot to do and seen the situation regarding accomodation! I hope I get some as I recieved my contract with Housing agreement and all in it!  
I'm expecting that if they sent me this all out that they have a place reserved for me, as i'm just going to be sending off the stuff tomorrow for 7th July!

It would be pretty bad of them if they sent it to me, expecting me to come, and not having saved me a place in Pleaides or Boiserie! I really don't understand them somehow, they managed to house quite a few CM's in Adagio hotel for the same price as Disney rent!

itslewis

If any of you are Character & Parade then don't worry about accommodation as they wont send you a contract unless they have a space for you. Give the housing department a ring and get them to check for you?

littlemermaid303

Hello everyone,
i'm new to the forum.
I'm joining the CM team on May 31st (operatrice/animatrice d'attraction). It was a totally last minute thing. So I have a question. How much money did you guys really need to bring to manage the first month and what are the extra expenses (apart from the obvious personal ones for food etc.) that Disney does not mention in the information attached to the contract. Navigo? WiFi? Etc? And what sort of black shoes should girls bring?