Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickyd

Still no offer of work but I see that a friend of a friend has been offered a job but no accommodation.  It would mean finding your own place and that is a total nightmare.  References, deposits, etc.  Many places not taking non-French people.  Not worth the effort.   Mickey Mouse organisation I think!!

Ashe

Quote from: "nickyd"Still no offer of work but I see that a friend of a friend has been offered a job but no accommodation.  It would mean finding your own place and that is a total nightmare.  References, deposits, etc.  Many places not taking non-French people.  Not worth the effort.   Mickey Mouse organisation I think!!

No accomodation? That's crazy. I doubt I'd be able to go if I didn't get that. I wonder if they've run out of places to put people...

itslewis

Quote from: "Ashe"
Quote from: "nickyd"Still no offer of work but I see that a friend of a friend has been offered a job but no accommodation.  It would mean finding your own place and that is a total nightmare.  References, deposits, etc.  Many places not taking non-French people.  Not worth the effort.   Mickey Mouse organisation I think!!

No accomodation? That's crazy. I doubt I'd be able to go if I didn't get that. I wonder if they've run out of places to put people...

There is never no accommodation for CM's, they wouldn't take anyone on without be able to house them. I'm going back on the 27th and my housing is all sorted?

Ziema

Hello everyone! I have a question for you who have already been working at Disney, the health control thing you have to do, what do they test? Not that I don't think I have anything to worry about, but just curious :) I don't understand why they want my vaccination papers?

Tessierese

Hi!
I am going to Disneyland this summer to work as 'vendeuse boutique', i arrive 3 days before my best friend, does anyone here know if it will be possible for us to live together? I've asked my contact lady, but she only said that she couldn't guarantee anything. Has anyone been in the same or a similar situation?
Thanx!

bisouskyla

Quote from: "RoryGibs"Hi everyone!
Just checking to see if anyone's starting around 11th July? Looks like it'll be an interesting summer!

Hi! I'm starting the 9th July...
So excited, just received the offer today.

Employée de Restauration ----- my role. Not entirely sure what it entails!

Would love to meet some of you, facebook etc
also, I'll be living in Paris, 13eme, sooo already feel quite far away from everyone boo!

nickyd

When you say that you will be living in the 13th arrondissement, is this in Disney provided accommodation or something you've found yourself?

As for "Employée de Restauration" - I guess that must be working in a cafe, clearing plates, washing up, that sort of thing.

bisouskyla

I'll be living with family that live in 13eme, fortunately.

Disney seemed to have 'run out' of accommodation. I guess I'll be saving some money...

itslewis

Where are people getting this information about Disney not having any more accommodation for any more CMs?!

bisouskyla

After attending an interview (Hammersmith London, April) myself and another girl received an email from Noellie, explaining that there is no Disney provided accommodation available... so if you can accommodate yourselves..well then, we'll look for a suitable contract.

nickyd

Quote from: "bisouskyla"After attending an interview (Hammersmith London, April) myself and another girl received an email from Noellie, explaining that there is no Disney provided accommodation available... so if you can accommodate yourselves..well then, we'll look for a suitable contract.

Yep, same email for this friend of a friend.  She decided against taking a job as the hassle involved in renting a room in France is not worth it (Her FB status is now "I hate Disney".  Still, another job available for someone who does have accommodation but part of the attraction in working for them is that there is accommodation provided.  I notice on the Disney recruitment pages on FB that they are not getting back to Spanish, German and Italian applicants as well.

itslewis

I don't understand that at all, I'm returning to Disney on the 27th and my accommodation is all provided? I only recently accepted the contract too.. weird.

Ashe

Quote from: "nickyd"
Quote from: "bisouskyla"After attending an interview (Hammersmith London, April) myself and another girl received an email from Noellie, explaining that there is no Disney provided accommodation available... so if you can accommodate yourselves..well then, we'll look for a suitable contract.

Yep, same email for this friend of a friend.  She decided against taking a job as the hassle involved in renting a room in France is not worth it (Her FB status is now "I hate Disney".  Still, another job available for someone who does have accommodation but part of the attraction in working for them is that there is accommodation provided.  I notice on the Disney recruitment pages on FB that they are not getting back to Spanish, German and Italian applicants as well.

I just got the email after emailing Noellie for a second time this morning and she said I'm welcome to a contract if I can get accomodation. If other people are in a similar situation then maybe we could try and find something together? It'll be easier getting a flat with people than a room by ourselves.

I'm going to see what I can find. The deadline is the 20th of May :/ Don't hold out much hope, though. Any area recommendations for flats that are at least vaguely cheap but not in a god awful area?

bisouskyla

Quote from: "itslewis"I don't understand that at all, I'm returning to Disney on the 27th and my accommodation is all provided? I only recently accepted the contract too.. weird.

....maybe they just like you better lol

Ashe

Quote from: "bisouskyla"
Quote from: "itslewis"I don't understand that at all, I'm returning to Disney on the 27th and my accommodation is all provided? I only recently accepted the contract too.. weird.

....maybe they just like you better lol

Maybe depends how recent? This seems to be as recent as in the past couple of weeks, maybe less.