Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katyruss

Hey guys

I sent off my application last week and got an email asking me to call Noellie Boden so I called her just now and the answer machine message was all in french so I had no idea what option to press or whether it said to leave a message. So I emailed just to say I had trouble getting through, but got an email back saying you couldnt reply on that email address. Has anyone else had this problem or no of another email address I could try. This is the email I already have: mailto:disneylandparis@hrdepartment.com">disneylandparis@hrdepartment.com.

pjf1985

Hey I have emailed her at this address, hope this helps you: mailto:NOELLIE.BODEN@disney.com">NOELLIE.BODEN@disney.com
Good luck with your application! :D

Thanks for replying, dlprincesse. I thought there may have been more people at orientation to be honest, I suppose it depends on time of the year and everything though. Went to the casting centre today and got everything sorted out, as for housing I'm staying in an apartment with my brother so I'm not using the Disney housing. So tomorrow we have orientation  :?

katyruss

Thank you pjf1985. thats brilliant. I'll email her now   :D

tinglebells

hi everyone - I've only just stumbled upon this thread so haven't read through all 55 pages so sorry if this has been asked already butttt is anybody going to the casting/interviews in hammersmith on friday the 4th feb?
Has anyone got any experience of what goes on and what questions they might ask? When I rang noellie boden I told her I was interested in an admin type of role maybe in a hotel so I have no idea what they'll ask! :S xx

ben

First night in the boiserie, its actually nicer than I expected, Nearby supermarket expensive though. There seems to be a lot of 'hidden costs'. Just a little bit worried about getting caught out tomorrow not understanding something and looking like a lemon...

pjf1985

Hi ben, I'm going to Traditions tomorrow as well, hopefully we'll understand most of it. My French isn't very good at all so I'm hoping it won't be too difficult to understand. Good to hear your liking the accommodation.

dlprincesse

Hey ben - glad you've found it better than expected although the hidden costs are no more than you should expect when you move somewhere. Is it your first time living away from home? I guess if it is then it could be quite a shock.

Pjf - you're lucky you've got an apartment. How far away is it? What does your bro do?

Do either of you know where you are working yet?

Tinglebells - take a look back through my posts; they're all about applying for a non-parade job at Disney. Feel free to message me if you have any more specific questions.

Hope those who have arrived today have a good night's sleep and enjoy tomorrow =]

Arubus

Hi everyone - I'm new to the forum and have just read through the posts.

Like a few others I am attending the interviews in London on Friday (4th Feb) for a non-character/dancing role.

Any advice would be welcome - especially on the level of French required!

Does anyone know if they will accept someone with limited French?  Do they test it at the interview?  Is it a written or verbal test? etc etc!

Really nervous about the whole thing - as I sooooo want this job :)

katyruss

Hey Arubus

I was talking to Noellie yesterday and I said I didn't think my french was of the standard that disney were looking for and she said she finds jobs for people with limited french in food and beverage. My french isn't good either

Arubus

that sounds promising :) french really is a pain in the butt to learn...lol I am finding it so hard!

perfectlovesong

How exciting, wonder when the next round of auditions will be. Soon, I hope!

p.s anyone know what the pay is like?

Chiyo

Hello perfectlovesong!

The pay depends on what you are doing (I guess you mean Entertainment because you mentioned audition ;) )
Character only is about 1300 Euros
Parade Performer and/or Face Character is about 1500, 1600 Euros

But they will tell and explain you everything exactly at the audition. The're doing a little presentation first and this is also the chance for you to ask what ever you wish :)

Greetings
Chiyo ^^

perfectlovesong

Thanks for the info Chiyo.

I would love to be a character, don't think have much chance as a face character as I'm Asian!

This is such a great thread!

dlprincesse

There are no real tests in french as such - no written exam or anything but they do get you to speak a little, just the usual why you want to work in disney kind of thing.
Everyone panics about the french but they really needn't worry - they were practically giving jobs away at my interview, even to people who spoke absolutely no french at all.
So long as you have some background knowledge and are willing to improve then they'll find you a job somewhere where it isn't really needed - such as food and beverage.
I also speak Spanish but they don't test the other languages as they generally don't speak them plus it's not necessary.
Just enjoy the interview process - it'll go quicker than you think =]

LuckyMagic

Hi :D
Long time , no see xD

Well now i've been to the recruitment session in DK , i did'nt get the job , but my boyfriend did , and he dos'nt know eny french at all , so good news for those who want to apply , with out knowing eny french :d

Im going to the Cating to be in the parade , or as a charter , hire in DK the 20th. of February . So wish me luck :D

Remember : Dreams do come true , but somtimes you have to try harder :D