Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dlprincesse

Wow it's been ages since I've been on here but not a lot's happened!
Christmas at Disney was mental - as expected really.
But it's so quiet now - it's really hard to find things to do at work that keep you occupied!
It'll be nice and calm for the new workers coming out though - arriving in November was pretty mental!

Ben and princessnikki - what day are you getting here?
You'll find out what shop you're working in when you get here.
I'm working in the village which is pretty good as you don't have to listen to the Disney music over and over!
Plus everyone's really nice =)
Don't worry about your French - everyone will try to help you with it.
Although, to  be honest, my level wasn't too bad as I've just finished studying it at uni. But I know people who had a very low level when they arrived and they've got on perfectly fine =)
Plus most boutique workers speak English so will be able to translate stuff for you =)
Just to warn you - the first three days are gonna be really tough for you. There's lots of training and it's probably gonna be in French so you'll be bombarded with information. But don't worry about it too much - I can't really remember any of it. A lot of it is just common sense really.
If you've got any questions just let me know.
I know it can be pretty scary coming out here alone and I wish I'd had someone I could ask questions =)

alex

I've been thinking for a while about applying to work in Disneyland but not as a dancer or performer but in a boutique, hotel or restaurant etc. Can anyone who has done/is doing this give some more information on it? I've seen the positions advertised so what is the process after applying?

Also, with regards to French, I speak a fair amount of French but not fluently - what level would you say is needed for these positions? I'm learning more French atm and would like to speak fluent French generally so am willing to brush up on my skills

Merci beaucoup mes amis!

Disneyland Hotel - 2001, 2004
Sequioa Lodge - 1996
Hotel New York - 2008, 2005
Newport Bay - 2003
Santa Fe - 2011,
February 2012!!

ben

Thanks for that post, its pretty reassuring. I get there on the 31st and start training on the 1st so not long now. I was wondering if there is a gym nearby to the residences which we can use?

princessnikki

Quote from: "dlprincesse"Wow it's been ages since I've been on here but not a lot's happened!
Christmas at Disney was mental - as expected really.
But it's so quiet now - it's really hard to find things to do at work that keep you occupied!
It'll be nice and calm for the new workers coming out though - arriving in November was pretty mental!

Ben and princessnikki - what day are you getting here?
You'll find out what shop you're working in when you get here.
I'm working in the village which is pretty good as you don't have to listen to the Disney music over and over!
Plus everyone's really nice =)
Don't worry about your French - everyone will try to help you with it.
Although, to  be honest, my level wasn't too bad as I've just finished studying it at uni. But I know people who had a very low level when they arrived and they've got on perfectly fine =)
Plus most boutique workers speak English so will be able to translate stuff for you =)
Just to warn you - the first three days are gonna be really tough for you. There's lots of training and it's probably gonna be in French so you'll be bombarded with information. But don't worry about it too much - I can't really remember any of it. A lot of it is just common sense really.
If you've got any questions just let me know.
I know it can be pretty scary coming out here alone and I wish I'd had someone I could ask questions =)

Hello! Thank you so much for your post! I get there on the 31st and start on the Tuesday. I just finished a degree with French too but I havent spoken it since June so hopefully it will all come back to me! So excited to start but actually haven't lived away from home before so a little bit nervous! What is your uniform like for working in the shops? When is your contract until?

Chiyo

Ohhh... I still have to wait with my application... there aren't any dates for the recruitment sessions for germany yet.
I could go with the german job agency, but I haven't heard good things about them.

So I think it's better to apply directly at the Disneyland Paris casting website... but can I choose the roles I wish to apply for?
Or is it just the application for the recruitment session, and you can do a rating for the positions you wish during the session?

I know, too many qestions, but first I have to audition on wednesday. Believe it or not, I'm just less nervous ;)
But I hope the very best - and perhaps I don't need to apply for recruitment session  :mrgreen:

Nice greetings and lots of fun to all who are starting these days at Disneyland :wave:
Chiyo ^^

princessnikki

Hey chiyo!

I think its better to apply to a recruitment session on the DLP casting website, even if there is not one in Germany soon, is there one in another country nearby? I originally was invited to attend an interview in Spain because they were a lot sooner than the ones in London. However, in the end I couldn't go and just had to patiently wait! I think if you just apply generally you may get invited to an interview in Paris...that happened to my friend last year. She had an interview in April and started in June! As far as I know, if you are just applying for a recruitment session and not a specific job on the website, you just discuss the roles you are most suited for at the actual interview! There are different jobs depending on how well you speak french, so you dont need to speak it brilliantly for every job!

Hope this helps you! Nikki

Chiyo

Hello princessnikki!

Yeah, just like I thought, better trust Disney ;)

I know, there are usually recruitment sessions in Germany in March/April, but they haven't posted the dates on the site yet.
And at the moment they are not looking for the three roles I wish, so I guess it's better to visit the recruitment session.

And french... oookay, I have heard from a lot of people that they were also hired without knowledge of french. So I will go ahead and try my luck :)

Thank you for your information and advice, princessnikki :)

laura:)

Hey guys!

I've been back in the UK now for 2 1/2 weeks, (since my Disney contract ended 6th January). I miss Disneyland so much! I've been told I can get another contract from April/May time, so hopefully it won't be too long before I go back :)

It has been a bit boring since I've come back because I miss everything and everyone I met at Disney :( and I've had to get another job!

If anyone has any questions about working there then feel free to ask :)

Laura:)

pjf1985

Hi everyone, I am also starting work on Tuesday 1st Feb up to the end of September in food and beverages (my French isn't that great, lol). I haven't managed to get hold of a french version of my birth certificate either, hopefully that won't be too much of a problem. I was also looking though my documents and noticed that we need to bring "bank references", does anyone know what they mean?  :?

Maybe I'll see you next week  8)  :D/

princessnikki

Quote from: "pjf1985"Hi everyone, I am also starting work on Tuesday 1st Feb up to the end of September in food and beverages (my French isn't that great, lol). I haven't managed to get hold of a french version of my birth certificate either, hopefully that won't be too much of a problem. I was also looking though my documents and noticed that we need to bring "bank references", does anyone know what they mean? :?

Maybe I'll see you next week 8)

Hey! Glad you dont have a french copy of your birth certificate either...I have no idea how to get one! My friend who worked at DLP last year translated it herself and took an english copy, but I dont know how easy it would be to translate! Dont think it says on the docs i have to bring bank references....maybe a statement:s dont know why you would need that though! Did you get vaccination records?

See you tuesday....woooo 5 sleeps!

Chiyo

Hi!

Just a short report: I didn't pass the audition - like the last time I was cut after the dance round.
But this day was really strange: Daniel wasn't there (he was in Los Angeles for Audition) and they also hired only six people from around 50 or 60!

I don't know what was going on yesterday, but I've got the feeling, the I will never be a Character Performer at Disneyland.
But that doesn't matter, I'll try my luck now for the recruitment sessions   :thumbs:

dlprincesse

Alex - take a look back over my previous posts, they're all about applying for a position at Disney. French is definitely need for the boutiques but not so much if you're in the restaurants. Usually hotels require you to speak 3 languages at least. But as long as you make the effort to improve then most of your colleagues will make the effort to help you =]
Ben - there is a gym, I think it's called club dingo but I'm not really sure as I've never really looked into it. You'll be bombarded with info when you first arrive and it'll be in there somewhere =]
Pjf and nikki - don't worry about the birth certificate or and bank records. When you arrive they'll get you to fill out the bank account forms in the office at Fantasia - very simple stuff. The birth certificate is needed but not straight away. I've been here two months and still haven't sorted it out yet. There's so much stuff to do that they know you can't do it all straight away.
Nikki - don't worry about living away from home for the first time. There are many people who are in the same situation. You'll probably hate it for the first few weeks but just give it a chance. Once you settle in you'll love it =]
Also uniform depends on where you're working. I'm in the village so it's just a standard white shirt and dark trousers, but if you're in the park then it's highly likely that your boutique could have a theme and trust me, some of the uniforms are seriously disgusting!
Ben, nikki and pjf - as you're all starting at the same time, I would make the effort to find each other on the first day if possible. Having friends already is going to make a massive difference during your first few days here.
And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me =]

pjf1985

Thanks for your reply dlprincesse, this puts me at ease a little. I've got my vaccination records which I'll bring with me, and I'll probably just bring a bank statement too just in case. How many people do you think will be there at Traditions? I'm leaving for France tomorrow!  :D/ Hopefully I'll see you Tuesday!

Chiyo

Just a quick question:

Can it happen that they don't put anyone on waiting list at the audition? Cause I guess this happened last Wednesday at my (second) audition.

Probably the waiting list is still full and they don't need anyone in the "pool"... but I'm thinking... no let me say, I'm dreaming at the moment, that I'm on the waiting list, but I (we) didn't get a card with contact informations. Maybe cause they wanted to stop the calls and e-mails with the questions about a start date....

But actually I'm just wishing the impossible  ;)

And someday I wake up and have a phone call from france....  :-"

dlprincesse

Tbh I have no idea how many people will be at orientation. There were around 35 or so at mine and only 2 English people. And be prepared - it is all in French - quite a shock when you've only just arrived!
But you'll survive and then go on to find out about where you're working =)
We've just had some new people start at our place so don't know if we'll be getting any more this time.
Also good luck with the accommodation lottery - bad news if you get the pleiades =/
I have my fingers crossed that you get into the boiserie =)
You'll have to let me know!
I'm working lates this week otherwise I would have offered to show you lot round but if you ever find yourself in the village then make sure you pop in to Hollywood Pictures :)
Good luck!