Disneyland Paris Jobs - Casting news and tips

Started by needmagic, April 23, 2007, 03:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itslewis

Quote from: "katybaby"Thanks guys, thats really helped :)

I was really worried about the passport situation so I feel bit more relaxed now!

Lewis that would be great if you could do that thank you! heres my email address if ud rather email me - mailto:ohmygoditskt@hotmail.com">ohmygoditskt@hotmail.com.
How did u present your resume, just in a plastic wallet or something?

I am super nervous about friday, I'm gettin the coach from newcastle on thurs n staying in a hotel n going to audition fri - anyone else auditioning then?? ahh Kat thats a shame! good luck in your audition though!u will have to let us know how it goes!

Katie x

I'm just about to go to bed so I shall forward it you tomorrow evening :)

_Natalie_x

Hey everyone!!!! :D
good luck to people auditioning today or tomorrow.. not sure when it is but whenever.. BEST OF LUCK
just smile.. be disney.. you know the score ;)
if its your first time.. try not be to nervous!! I went alone everytime, and always made random friends when i was there, just before hand when people are waiting, try and get speaking to people. Obviously everyone is friendly, i mean theyre auditioning for Disney for Walts sake! ;) theyve gotta be nice! hahaha :D itll put you at ease aswell and its just nice to talk to someone and calm you down if you're feeling abit on edge :)
just try relax, enjoy what you are doing. Its obviously an audition but if you chill out and have fun, your personality will shine through and you wont look as 'staged' and theyll really be able to see you for who you are :):)
most importantly...
SMILE! ALWAYS!! Even when you're being measured!! :p the minute you walk in thru that door people are watching so make the most of it :) No regrets! :)
just go for it guys. i want to read some success stories in a few days ok? ;)
Lots and lots of love!!
Natalie <3 xxxxxxxxxxxxx
We made a wish.. and believed and believed and VOILA![/color]
Here we are... <3[/b]

fireman

hii, I'm not sure wether this is the right place to write this anyway haha..

I receieved my contract today starting in June working in one of the shops, and It says that I must arrive the day before. However this is the day of my final exam and it is in the afternoon and I have searched every train and plane leaving the UK and cannot find anything that would allow me to get there that day! The latest flights I can find leave at 19.45, however I would not have time to make it to the airport.

What are the chances that they will move the date forward just one day? I have emailed but can't wait for the reply!!!
Thankss!! :)

itslewis

Quote from: "fireman"hii, I'm not sure wether this is the right place to write this anyway haha..

I receieved my contract today starting in June working in one of the shops, and It says that I must arrive the day before. However this is the day of my final exam and it is in the afternoon and I have searched every train and plane leaving the UK and cannot find anything that would allow me to get there that day! The latest flights I can find leave at 19.45, however I would not have time to make it to the airport.

What are the chances that they will move the date forward just one day? I have emailed but can't wait for the reply!!!

Is it a Friday your start date? Cause for the performer contracts they arrive on Friday but don't start training 'til the Monday. So in that case, you might be able to get there for the Saturday/Sunday if that makes sense. I know people who started contracts in December when there was bad snow conditions, and that stopped them from getting to Paris on the date given and they arrive a few days later and it was fine. I'm not sure how similar the contracts are, so double check with Disney!!!

fireman

No it's not a performing position it's just "vendeur boutique". The start date is the saturday so therefore I should get there on the friday, the day before. I hope it is'nt a problem and they could just make my first day the day after meaning I could travel on the saturday! thankss !

tinker_fairy

Chiyo.. here is all my pixie dust for you! I've seen your story through this post.. I really hope your Disney dreams do get to come true soon :) xx
NEXT DISNEY TRIP BOOKED!!

July/August 2013 :D

Just back from the best holiday yet \":D\"

stacey-claire

Quote from: "fireman"hii, I'm not sure wether this is the right place to write this anyway haha..

Hey just a bit of a random question for you, how do you go about getting a job in one of the shops, i would love to work at disney, and i couldnt do the character things (not very talented lol), but i have no idea how you get a job in the shops, thanks xx :belle:
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

Chiyo

Quote from: "tinker_fairy"Chiyo.. here is all my pixie dust for you! I've seen your story through this post.. I really hope your Disney dreams do get to come true soon :) xx

Thank you so much, tinker_fairy! :)

First I was confused cause of the "I've seen your story through this post". I thought: "What the... she is really a fairy, if she knows the WHOLE story", then I realized that you've probably meant, you have read this whole thread... or?

Btw... I wanted to write down the whole story how I came to Disney... and someone gave me the advice, to put this in a new thread... Should do this in the next time, shouldn't I ? ;)

DisneyBud

So how did people get on at auditions this week? Tell us your experiences!!

smallblonde

Iv really enjoyed reading the blogs from the two people who are out in paris, however Im just wondering if anyone knows of any more blogs, especially ones from people playing the minnies/mickeys etc, cos i think i would be in that height range. How did everyone get on at the auditions this week? Plus i got the HUGE minnie that i wanted from Santa  :minnie: and she is beautiful.  :D

tinker_fairy

Yeah sorry Chiyo, meant the post!! :L sorry if that wasn't clear :)

hope auditions went wel for all auditioning this week :) xxx
NEXT DISNEY TRIP BOOKED!!

July/August 2013 :D

Just back from the best holiday yet \":D\"

miss_loocy

Hey, I'm going to work in Disneyland Paris in the summer, I think I'll working in a restaurant/cafe/bar. Has anyone ever worked in a similar position as I can only find people's experiences of being characters! I'm so excited! Is anyone else going to be working there over the summer?  :D

DisneyBud

Does anyone have an e-mail address I can use to contact the EPC directly? Have looked on the audition website but can't find one.

LuckyMagic

Hi :)

Thanks for all the information you are posting hire :)

Now , i  wanna be a dreamer who's wish came true :)
Just want all of you pepole who are thinking about joining the crew / casting of DLRP to know that I can't speac ANY french at all. BUT im going to the recrutment session any ways ,

Im telling you this so you can see for your self. that dreams do come true sometimes :)

Chiyo

Hello LuckyMagic, and welcome to the board!! :)

You're going to the recruitment sessions without any knowledge of the French language? Congratulations! I will probably do the same, if they don't want me as a character ;)

But how did you apply? Was your application letter in English and they invited you? What positions did you apply for?

Sorry for the questions, but I was waiting for someone to ask these, cause I'm not sure about applying in English - after my bad experience at the casting office at DLP (The guy didn't speak any English and didn't understand it too  :x  )

Anyways, I wish you good luck for the recruitment session!

And... I KNOW that dreams can come true - I've already experienced at during my year at Disneyworld  :D  :D  :D