Frozen Summer Fun - 1st June to 13th September 2015

Started by DLPWonders (Banned), February 18, 2015, 10:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mileto

Cringer, you are surely not naive. It's really connected with money, they will do stupid to stop it in autumn. And the area is otherwise dead, so there will be people here again. And a compensation for the big number of refurbishments.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

mickey1980

Indeed. This will go on well into 2016. I'm sure they didn't go through all this effort just for the summer season.
I could even imagine that they will expand the market place before christmas season. Plenty of room over there to do so, and christmas is where this place will flourish.

A couple of months ago I was sure i wouldn't go back to DLP before the 25th. But now with Frozen and the Jedi Academy, it seems that the real magic of DLP has started to come back. I don't even care if BTM and IASM will be closed during Halloween and Christmas season. There are now enough reasons to visit  ;D
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiësto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Mileto

mickey1980, you sound inspiring! I don't regret a second for booking for Christmas.

I imagine the place for winter season with more artificial snow or maybe a border between, like in the movie (not sure if I explained it well). And in the frozen part - Santa Claus' Village.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

lovindisney87

I really hope they carry all the frozen stuff on as we are booked for January 2016 and all 3 of my girls would love all of this going on at the moment so sad I just cant afford to go again before our booked trip. I agree that they would be mad to just finish it all come September, plenty of money be made on this.
[size=150]Disney trips
Many i cant remember from childhood including a 2 week holiday to Disney World in Florida

Davy Crockett Ranch November 2003
Santa Fe October 2010
Santa Fe March 2012
Cheyenne January 2014
Cheyenne January 2016 😁
Davy Crockett Ranch January 2019

Hopefully many more to come

stifle

A note on prices – Princess for a Day is €120 including a dress or €55 without one.

Anthony

Here are some videos I filmed for DLP Guide a couple of weeks ago of the Frozen Summer Fun events - hope you enjoy!

I'm sure I join most people in saying the Sing-along show is far from my favourite stage show ever presented at Disneyland Paris, but it's still fantastic to see anything of the sort back at the park, so it gets my thumbs up. It's also far more impressive than I would have expected when we first heard of the season plans last year and saw that pretty lame Videopolis trial show. Guests seem satisfied, it's in a theatre with sufficient capacity and they're running up to 12 shows a day (!) - what's not to like.

The fountain overture was a real highlight and genuinely magical (although not worth having the Christmas lighting cages on the turrets all day long as I've moaned elsewhere). It's a relief to finally see "Let it Go" in Dreams, and be rid of the Brave scene, although the implementation is actually shockingly poor - it just feels dropped into the show, with no Peter Pan's shadow, no transition from the previous scene, and in fact it doesn't really seem to "fit" where it is in the running order. Coming after The Hunchback of Notre Dame would have flowed better and mixed the show up a bit - it's going to get dull if it's only ever these two scenes which change.

grovesie

A few photos from our recent stay

Frozen by grovesie.i, on Flickr

Frozen 7 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

Frozen 6 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

Frozen 5 by grovesie.i, on Flickr

DisneyGagaChick

Quote from: stifle on June 18, 2015, 05:13:57 PM
A note on prices – Princess for a Day is €120 including a dress or €55 without one.

So its 75 euros more for a dress, basically?  :-\

stifle

never2old

Do you know if you can apply the AP discount?

stifle

Quote from: never2old on July 23, 2015, 01:46:28 PM

Do you know if you can apply the AP discount?
I do not. I expect you can.

justlikeidreamedit

Don't know if this has been mentioned earlier somewhere but handy info for anyone planning to go to the Singalong. If you have your own princess with you, and they are in a princess dress, the whole family can be moved to the central seating area in the theatre that is covered in Elsa coloured padding. Just go in as normal and sit down and the cast members will approach you as the place starts to fill. Makes you feel that bit special!

Aspire

Such a shame this show id finishing 2 days before I arrive on the 15th September. Pitty they can not extend its run for at least another  days.

Come on Disneyland Paris, why end such an enjoyable show and why after only 2 months?

Regards

An unhappy Disneyland Paris Annual Passport holder

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Aspire on July 27, 2015, 08:24:12 PM
Such a shame this show id finishing 2 days before I arrive on the 15th September. Pitty they can not extend its run for at least another  days.

Come on Disneyland Paris, why end such an enjoyable show and why after only 2 months?

Regards

An unhappy Disneyland Paris Annual Passport holder

Ehm because it's part of Frozen Summer Fun, and Summer ends in September?
The park needs to get ready for Halloween after that.
You want to see the show? Either go a few days earlier or come back for Christmas.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Serared01

Hi, can anyone tell me what usually happens between seasons. It's our first time from 24th Sep to 28th. I know dreams ends sep and Halloween doesn't usually begin 1st October . Is that right? Thanks