Snow White / Pinocchio / Peter Pan

Started by jon1701, June 20, 2015, 11:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon1701

Hey folks.

Just got back from DLP. First visit and we all loved it, especially my four year old.

That said, couldnt help feeling that the Snow White, Pinnochio and Peter Pan rides were sped up. Are they supposed to take around a minute?

I doubt the imagineers intended them to go so fast!

Any chance they sped these rides up to keep the queues down? Peter Pan was a crushing disappointment. All the build up and it was over really fast. The website says three minutes?

Anyone else noticed this?

There was virtually no queues for SW and P which meant my daughter could go on them again and again and again but they felt far too "Jolty" for me. Sharp turns etc.

Thanks

HildeKitten

I often also feel like these rides go way too fast.
I've not actually timed them, so I'm not sure whether they really go so fast, or just seem to be going that fast.
It's been a while since I've ridden them, because when I go with my husband we tend to avoid them, as he's so tall he can't ride them very comfortably. Peter Pan is ok (but the queue is generally too long for a ride that short) but Snow White and Pinocchio would just leave him with bruised knees so yeah XD

A&S&O

We've always thought Snow White and Pinocchio were too fast. We wondered if we found it too fast because we were adults and that young children would think a slower speed was too slow and wouldn't hold their attention.
Planning WDW 2019
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP Millenium, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW (+ extra week due to ash cloud!), 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLPx3 (inc. daytrip for Ratatouille preview), 2015 DLR + DLPx3, 2016 WDW + DLP, 2017 WDW x2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2. Coming up - ?

CeruleanBlues

I've always felt all three of these rides are incredibly outdated. Walt Disney World finally closed Snow White a few years ago, but Paris as Paris will probably never remove them. If they rip out one (or even all of them) to be replaced with the Little Mermaid ride from WDW, they could really update an outdated Fantasy land

DisneyChris11

On my first visit a couple of weeks ago we were surprised at how fast they went, There's not enough time to look around and take things in and by the time you know it, its over! Especially Peter Pan, considering the waiting times it gets. However, I still loved those rides.
Just could be a bit slower like the other dark rides such as Pirates of the Caribbean and Its a Small world, but these are boat rides so will go much slower.

mickey1980

I love these classic rides. And they are still very exciting for the little one.
If they were to build a new attraction in fantasyland, there is still place to do so.
Hotel Santa Fe - 1995
Hotel Cheyenne - 1997
Daytrip - 1998
Daytrip - 2000
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2002
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2005 (Dj Tiƫsto SM:M2 Event)
WDW Port Orleans French Quarter - 2008
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2009
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2010
Disneyland Hotel - 2011
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2012
Hotel Sequoia Lodge - 2013
Hotel Santa Fe - 2014
Tokyo DisneySea - 2015
Hotel Cheyenne - 2016
Hotel Cheyenne - 2017
Hotel New York - 2018

Fever

Ditto, I think these rides are very charming, and I always give them a ride. Saying that, all 3 of them look like they need a lot of work. Broken effects, bad lighting etc..

Whilst I would hate to see them leave (as lets face it, we will NEVER see a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, or Mermaid ride as WDW), all 3 of them could really do with seeing an upgrade in the figures animation.. love to see those new animated faces appear.. surely not that difficult to bring to Paris?
Welcome foolish mortals

RockNRoller

I've always found these rides not just fast but jerky. Would have thought by now that a smoother ride system was available. That said I love these rides as classic Disney and would be sad to see them go but I wouldn't mind seeing the figures updated, maybe like the new dolls in IASW, and the lighting fixed so you could see all the detail. Last time we rode it the loaded mine cart that comes towards you at one point was so dark my wife actually missed it.
DLRP 2000,01,02,03,04x2,05,06,07,08,09,10,11,13, 14, 2015 (Booked)

"Pumba, not in front of the kids"