Frozen Summer Fun - 1st June to 13th September 2015

Started by DLPWonders (Banned), February 18, 2015, 10:02:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLPWonders (Banned)

The official press release for the Frozen Summer season is out!

* It will run from June 1st until September 13th
* There will be a sing-a-long show at Chapparal Theatre. Anna, Elsa, Olad and Kristoff will make a guest appareance.
* Anna and Elsa will drive around the park in their royal carriage, just like they did right before the Christmas Parade.
* Cottonwood Creek Ranch will host a market, with kiosks to buy snacks and merchandise. It will be themed like Arendelle.
* There will be a Frozen scene in the regular Disney Dreams.

There's NO meet 'n greet with any of the characters planned.

°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

HildeKitten

It's too bad that they are doing so much that is Frozen themed and then don't set up a character meet and greet.

DisneyManiac

Just so you know DLRPWonders, you made a typo: Olad, not Olaf  :D

dazzle_v2003

No meet and Greet planned with any of the Frozen characters even though they have a whole season dedicated to them. If this is true then what a stupid decision as people will want to meet these characters especially Anna and Elsa. Christmas proved these characters have a huge fan base.

I suspect that decision will be reversed before the season commences

Discovery_Mountain

I'm not planning on going as this doesn't interest me in the the slightest but It'll be nice to have something going on in that area of the park.

As for the meet and greets Im sure they know how popular they were at Christmas but maybe they just have no way of managing the queue levels that would be expected or maybe not having a meet and greet is better then guests complaining about the queue times. (Didn't it get up to 5 hours in the Christmas Holidays?)
My Disneyland Paris Trips:
1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 (1 Day Trips)

March 2012, 2 days at Kyriad Hotel
June 2013, 2 days at Dream Castle Hotel
December 2013, 6 days at Sequoia Lodge
December 2014, 6 days at The Disneyland Hotel
December 2015 6 Days at Sequoia Lodge GF

Planned Holidays:
February 2016 - 3 days at Sequoia Lodge GF
November 2016 - Walt Disney World  (Maybe)

dazzle_v2003

They are stuck in what to do IE a meet and greet. As you say there were massive queues at christmas but what can they do to solve the problem apart from not have meet and greet with Anna and Elsa.

I think they have to do the best they can but have to offer the opportunity and let people make up their own mind if they want to queue 5 hours to meet them. You feel a bit robbed if you don't have the opportunity to choose.

Adverts are being aired over here in the UK for this upcoming season. It's good to see they are increasing the advertising for the resort.

HildeKitten

I've not seen Frozen summer adverts in Belgium yet, but that doesn't mean they won't be happening soon.

I have to agree with dazzle, why not allow people to make up their own mind whether or not they want to queue for something for hours. It's not like in peak season some rides don't get a 2+ hours queue (ok that's not 5 hours but hey, if people want to queue that long, I say let them).

Maybe if they would do several little meet areas they could break up the queues so to speak.
If they would put Anna and Elsa in separate locations,and then Kristof and Olaf in separate spots, you get more areas where something is happening, and you don't build up one massively huge queue in one spot. Possibly you get 4 long ones ones sure, but they won't be ridiculously massive like a 5 hour one.

Kristof

Official press release:
"Let it go" this summer with
Frozen at Disneyland® Paris

It's official: Disneyland® Paris will celebrate the 5th highest-grossing film ever this summer. Frozen, which has racked up more than 5 million ticket sales in France, will take centre stage from 1 June to 13 September 2015. The famous sisters, Anna and Elsa, will appear on stage with Olaf, their adorable snowman, in a spectacular event that will give guests chills!

New show: "Frozen Sing-along"
After catching a sneak peak of them in the famous Disneyland® Park Parade and meeting them to pose for pictures last Christmas, Disneyland Paris guests will be able to sing along with the stars of Frozen this summer! Enjoy this unique live experience with the heroes of the greatest Disney hit of all time.

Starting June 1st, the world of Frozen will appear in Frontierland in Disneyland Park, with a brand new show. An ice-themed musical production combining singing and dancing with guest participation. The famous sisters, Anna and Elsa, along with their faithful companions, Kristoff and Olaf the funny snowman, will take to the stage to bring the show to life and expand the unique experience of Frozen live. They'll be surrounded by dancers straight out of the Kingdom of Arendelle.

As the show begins, the villagers are preparing to celebrate the Arendelle winter festival. The intrepid Princess Anna appears and welcomes guests to the snowy universe of the Kingdom of Arendelle. She invites them to help her create a surprise for her sister, Elsa, asking them to join together as a choir. The show is a wonderful occasion to experience, relive and participate in the most beautiful musical moments of the greatest Disney success story of all time.

Olaf, renowned as the only snowman in the world capable of dreaming of heat and sunshine, will also join the party live on stage. To celebrate his longed-for summer, guests are encouraged to sing along, while he dreams innocently of sun tans and beaches!
Among the highlights is an emotionally charged performance of the unforgettable song "Let it go" by Elsa. [The French version of "Let it go" ("Libérée, Délivrée", sung by Anaïs Delva) has over 45 million hits on YouTube].

Playlist(1):
Do you wanna build a snowman?
In Summer
Love is an open door
Let it go

The show will take place several times a day, with live performances in French and English, with French and English subtitles on screen.

Venue: Chaparral Theater, Frontierland, Disneyland Park.
June and September: 7 days a week (6 shows a day from Monday until Friday – 12 shows a day at weekends)
July and August: 7 days a week - 12 shows a day
Limited number of seats

A Market Place decked in the colours of Frozen
At Cottonwood Creek Ranch, guests are invited to visit the Market Place, inspired by the universe of the kingdom of Arendelle, and enjoy all the delights that recall one of the greatest Disney hits of all time.
Venue: Cottonwood Creek Ranch, Frontierland, Disneyland Park

Two other magical appearances showcasing Frozen at Disneyland Park
The two heroines of Frozen will appear at Disneyland Park every day, for two special events. On their frosty float, Princess Anna and Queen Elsa will star in "Disney Magic on Parade!" with Olaf. They will also cross the Park several times a day for a special carriage ride, "Frozen: A Royal Welcome", waving to the crowd from their royal carriage.

"Disney Magic on Parade!" Once a day, 7 days a week, Disneyland Park
Frozen: A Royal Welcome, 3 times a day, 7 days a week, Disneyland Park

A special Frozen feature in Disney Dreams®!
Frozen is now part of the traditional version of Disney Dreams®!. A breath-taking night-time show with fountains and pyrotechnics, where famous Characters from the world of Disney come to life through projections onto Sleeping Beauty Castle.
"Disney Dreams®!" tells a magical and moving story. Guided by Peter Pan, guests discover, or re-discover, the greatest Disney stories, from Beauty and the Beast to Aladdin, not forgetting Rapunzel and many others.
Frozen is now part of this amazing night-time show, taking its place among Disney classics such as The Lion King and Peter Pan, as well as the unforgettable Parisian hits Ratatouille and The Hunchback of Notre Dame. This feature is vibrant and full of emotion, thanks to a specially re-orchestrated version of Let it go and the special effects expertise of Disneyland Paris.

Venue: Sleeping Beauty Castle, 7 days a week, Disneyland Park

Come to Disneyland Paris between 1 June and 13 September 2015 and celebrate a superbly snowy summer with Frozen at Disneyland Paris.

irishbhoy1888

Do you mean french and english at the same show or the show mixed between french and english like they do with disney dreams ?

LotsoHugginBear

If I understand the announcement right, there will be up to 12 sing along shows a day!!!
So, to me it is absolutley understandable that there is no Meet & Greet with Anna and Elsa because they are on stage all day. An we all know there is just one Anna and one Elsa :-)

Mileto

I just saw some fotos from the stage and the village. It is so great!

And it is so thematical and proper for Christmas! I wish they use the time spent in building it and use it at Christmas too. It would be great to exprience something like this at Chaparal Theater.

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

stifle

Quote from: dazzle_v2003 on February 22, 2015, 05:17:56 PM
No meet and Greet planned with any of the Frozen characters even though they have a whole season dedicated to them. If this is true then what a stupid decision as people will want to meet these characters especially Anna and Elsa. Christmas proved these characters have a huge fan base.

I suspect that decision will be reversed before the season commences

I suspect it won't.

The Meet & Greet with the leading Frozen ladies in the Princess Pavilion in November/December was pandemonium. Even on the most off-peak of days like for example Tuesday 2nd December, despite that the programme stated tickets would be available from 10:30, guests were waiting impatiently at the entrance to the park at 08:00 and sprinting to be first in line at the Pavilion. In the interest of safety and to avoid guest dissatisfaction they started giving out the tickets when the queue reached a certain size, and they were invariably gone by 09:30. Guests without EMH access didn't stand a chance. And even on return, many guests waited 30-45 minutes, as previous guests had been lingering.

Now, think what would happen if they tried to do those meet & greets in a far busier time of year...

dazzle_v2003

I completely understand the chaos that happened but they need to resolve this because people who visit the resort will want to meet Anna and Elsa the same as they want to meet Mickey Mouse, Rapunzel, Belle etc

The American parks have managed the situation so much better and DLP have to get some advice as they can't be the only resort that doesn't have a Frozen meet and greet. They need to make a Meet Mickey style attraction but for Anna and Elsa.

Apart from that the new show looks amazing by the pictures coming from the resort and the market is very cute.

littlebitofpixiedust

Quote from: LotsoHugginBear on March 18, 2015, 12:59:01 AM
If I understand the announcement right, there will be up to 12 sing along shows a day!!!
So, to me it is absolutley understandable that there is no Meet & Greet with Anna and Elsa because they are on stage all day. An we all know there is just one Anna and one Elsa :-)

Couldn't agree more with your comment  :) they will be far to busy meeting and greeting!

Cringer

Having just seen some pictures and videos of the Frozen show, surely that's too much of an investment to shut it down in September? Surely the Frozen area in Frontierland will continue on into the Autumn and Winter especially with so many other attractions closing for refurb?

Or am I just being incredibly naive?