Which day will be busier, sat 20/12 or mon 22/12?

Started by Livvipivvi, November 26, 2014, 07:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livvipivvi

Hi all, we are visiting dlrp in a few weeks and I'm just wondering if you think Sat 20th or Mon 22nd December will be busier?

I know Sat is usually a busier day, but in your experience do you think that all days during the run up to Christmas are all as bad as each other?

Thank you in advance for any advice everyone :).

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

samuelvictor

I'll be there at the same time :) Never been before at Christmas though so don't know what to expect as far as being busy.

In general usually Saturdays are the most busy, but of course the Monday will be school holidays in UK & France so it could be equally busy. I've read that Christmas Eve is celebrated more than Christmas day in France, so comparatively its slightly less busy during the day on Christmas Eve as that's when families are visiting each other.

Sorry I can't help much more than that. Hope you have a great time! Hope the weather's good and its not too busy, cos I'll be there too haha.  ;D

grovesie

We were there over Christmas last year, both days will be as busy as each other, Christmas is the busiest time of year, Christmas eve will be a little less busy, as its celebrated more in France.

If staying in a Disney hotel make good use of the Extra Magic Hours.

Queen Elsa

Quote from: grovesie on November 30, 2014, 11:05:57 AM
We were there over Christmas last year, both days will be as busy as each other, Christmas is the busiest time of year, Christmas eve will be a little less busy, as its celebrated more in France.

We are planning Disney again next year. Our children will be just 5 and 2 1/2. We had decided to go at Christmas on Friday 18th for 4 nights but I am putting off booking because of how busy it's going to be. I see you have been lots of times! Is it worth going while it's so busy to experience a Disney Christmas? Xx

andrewuk

Both days are likely to be crazy, get there early and go on as much as possible in the morning would be my tip. Take an afternoon rest in the hotel then head back for the evening entertainment and rides on PM and Pirates.
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

grovesie

Quote from: Queen Elsa on December 02, 2014, 02:41:16 PM
Quote from: grovesie on November 30, 2014, 11:05:57 AM

We are planning Disney again next year. Our children will be just 5 and 2 1/2. We had decided to go at Christmas on Friday 18th for 4 nights but I am putting off booking because of how busy it's going to be. I see you have been lots of times! Is it worth going while it's so busy to experience a Disney Christmas? Xx

If you can get to the extra magic hours then make the most of these, we made a plan of the rides we wanted to do that day and got the fast passes for it, the rest of the time was made of of enjoying the atmosphere etc. Would I do it again... YES.

DisneyDonna

I think both days will be extremely busy considering the parks have been full for the past two weekends... It will only got worse leading up to Christmas.

sewpollyesther

We have booked for next Christmas... 10 more days and it will be less than a year away... we've not been since 1999, pre-children so very excited...

Livvipivvi

Okies, that's fab. Thank you for your help everyone  ;D.

Only 5 days to go! Can't wait!

Has Disney blues after our first visit 25/05/14-29/05/14 (Hotel New York). Going back 19/12/14, flights and DLH booked! Yepppyyy!!!!

jackieann

I am there 18-22. Very nervous about how busy its going to be.., I hoping to do emh every day if kids 9, 6, and 2 can handle it and maybe have a afternoon break swimming if pools not to cold. Staying at new york