Photo pass plus

Started by leese100, September 02, 2014, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esti

I've never bought a ride photo because they're usually really FUGLY. And there's not that many rides where they take your picture, to begin with.
Also, photographers take pictures with your camera too. Except for the Pavillion, where the light is horrible, I've never even considered buying a picture. In fact, I don't even go see them after the ride, because when I've done it, they looked terrible. Why the hell would I want to have a picture of me with my hair all over my face at BTM, or with the gun hiding my face at Buzz? I think DLP wants us to NOT buy photos, seeing how awful they tend to be.

I just saw last week a woman trying to return her PP+ because they'd had no picture taken. It was raining, so the characters left, and therefore they could've only used it for 1 ride photo (Buzz). And she's —ing right. Unless you're obsessed and ride Buzz, BTM, POTC and TOT a hundred times in a day, and love pictures of you looking bad, it's completely useless.

I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

girlinleeds

We loved it, it meant that my daughter didnt just have to pick one photo from the pavillion, she could have them all. We have some amazing pics of me/husband/ daughter on big thunder mountain/potc to us part of the fun is laughing at how daft we look. We ended up with 50ish photos in five days and i wouldnt have been able to pay for all those,  its cost about 50p per photo which i think is a bargain, but not everything suits everybody

HildeKitten

Quote from: nathalie on February 19, 2015, 06:01:50 PM
You clearly seem against it, but yet asking if you can add it to your booking, that's a bit odd, haha, don't mean to sound mean about it   ;)
(or I'm getting it wrong, that's an option too, lol)

If you wanna buy 1 picture it's already 15 €.

Other thing you can do is, take your picture whereever you want, you'll get a photo card anyways, and if there are many, you can have those cards transferred onto the pp+ on a later time at the park.

I was actually quite tempted by the idea, 'till people pointed out it might be worth my money, which I found out AFTER I asked if I could add it onto my booking ;)
If someone had said there might not be enough photographers out to make it worth the cash first (of if I hadn't read that comment after my question in any case) I would have never have asked about whether or not it was possible to add it to my booking :)

@Esti: yikes, that would really suck. I hope she managed to sort something out. Do you know whether or not they gave her a refund?

McSuze

I spoke to Debbie on live chat & she said it definitely CAN be added to your booking as it has been confirmed up to April 2016 (although stories can change from one CM to another!)

Just to let you know  :)
:-)

stecal

I think it is a great idea and last week i managed to get 59 photos on mine and got some really nice photos of all the family with mickey,spiderman,pluto and goofy which as my kids don't live with me all the time was really important to me,as well as some great candid shots on the rides when none of us knew where the cameras were,the big plus for me though is i can get copies for them to take home and for grandparents etc whereas i would of had to pay a lot if i had to buy them all there.

ewormas

Hi

I rang dlp last weekend to add a character breakfast and photo pass+.  Had no trouble at all,it cost £33 which I think is a steal!  Not sure why their brochure has no price maybe its so it can change based on popularity.  It will be my first time using it so any tips would be appreciated. Also has anyone used one when your phone and tablet isn't compatible with the app? I'm assuming that if I go online properly I can do it there?  Am I right in thinking the app is used mainly to post pics to social networks? So can I use the pass straight away then register the card on the evening?HELP!!!

stecal

hi i didn't use the app last week i just created an account before i went on disneyphotopass.eu so i could view the photos each night with the hotels free wifi,i just handed the card over after each ride or to the character photographer and just checked in the evening they had been added which they had,once you have an account at disneyphotopass you just add the code from the back of the card and they are automatically added to your account there

ewormas

Thank you Stecal,I was dreading losing our pics. Hope u had a great trip!

stecal

Hi yes i did thanks, i checked as i was worried after hearing people didn't have photos added to their card but i had no problems, we did end up with another couples photos at 1 character meet though but that was because the photographer thought we were all together for some reason,if or rather when i go again i would definitely use it again, my one small gripe is it would of been nice if there were photographers at the character meets when they started as some of the ones we queued up early for didn't have the photographers arrive until quite a while after and by then the queues were really long so i didn't want to waste time re queuing for the same characters but it wasn't a big problem as i had my own camera anyway.

Esti

Quote from: HildeKitten on February 20, 2015, 12:33:25 PM
@Esti: yikes, that would really suck. I hope she managed to sort something out. Do you know whether or not they gave her a refund?

I have no idea :( She was already talking to someone when I went to the store, and when I left she was still there, so I'm not very sure they wanted to give her a refund...

Farailde

Can anyone tell me where I can buy the Photopass+ in Disney Studios? I'm only going for 1 day, so I can't book it in advance.

sarahmumof4

My friend booked it today through Thompsons and paid £24 .
Apparently the reason why I couldn't book it is because we used Thomas Cook. It can only be done through Thompson or disney direct .
First visit - Santa Fe , March 2011

Adagio , Feb 2013

Santa Fe , Feb 2014

Fourth visit - Sequoia Lodge , Golden Forest rooms  December 2015 🎄

moonloo

We booked through Thomson and I just spoke to the Disney chat advisor who seemed to think unless it is booked directly with Disney you cant add Photo+ to the booking :(
Is that right?!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: Farailde on February 22, 2015, 11:41:34 PM
Can anyone tell me where I can buy the Photopass+ in Disney Studios? I'm only going for 1 day, so I can't book it in advance.

In the first store on your left hand side, right when you enter the park.
The "Walt Disney Studios Store".
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

Farailde

Quote from: DLRPWonders on March 03, 2015, 07:51:31 PM
Quote from: Farailde on February 22, 2015, 11:41:34 PM

In the first store on your left hand side, right when you enter the park.
The "Walt Disney Studios Store".

Thanks!!