Photo pass plus

Started by leese100, September 02, 2014, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leese100

Hi,
Were off next Friday for a week to DLP, just wondering if the photopass plus is running? I saw it was going to be august time but can't find much info on it

Thanks

msRavenswood

The service is not available yet. It has been delayed once again! They have a Photopass Download card available at select spots, which is given to you with the purchase of a photo. To add photos to the card you pay 4 euro for each photo and you get a digital file as well apart from the printed one. Really not worth it! They should have already introduced the Photopass+, with the amount of people visiting in the park during the summer they would have earned a lot of money!

DisneyManiac

It's predicted to take at least another month until it's introduced!

amanda08

You can already add this on to your package direct with Disney for 33 pounds. At the moment it can only be added for trips 6th october till 31st december. I will be phoning to add mine this week  :D

DisneyManiac

Quote from: amanda08 on September 02, 2014, 06:58:45 PM
You can already add this on to your package direct with Disney for 33 pounds. At the moment it can only be added for trips 6th october till 31st december. I will be phoning to add mine this week  :D

Is this PhotoPass+? And how do you know? And is this via phone?

Thaliel

what is the difference between photopass and photopass+ ?
Can I still get pictures printed from the photopass directly in the parc?
<-Plz click

DisneyManiac

PhotoPass is the original service, you get given a card that Meet 'n' Greet photos are put onto and you purchase them at a point of sales place to take home with you. This includes photographers and ride photos.

PhotoPass is still in operation.

PhotoPass+ is basically the digital version of that but it's simpler. You purchase a kit which contains a lanyard a card and 2 other cards, which I presume are for in case you separate and want to add a photo to your account, and the main card comes with an ID Number, the last digits need to be scratched off. You create an account of PhotoPass+, via a website or app, and add the ID Number into your account, I presume more than one account can connect to one ID Number, and that's you ready! All you need to do is give your card to either a Photographer, at a Ride Photo Desk or a Meet 'n' Greet Photographer and they will scan your barcode on the card and voila! Them photo(s) are on your account!

Now here is some IMPORTANT INFORMATION

THE CARD REMAINS ACTIVATED UNTIL 10 DAYS AFTER ACTIVATION

PHOTOS REMAIN ON YOUR ACCOUNT UNTIL 1 YEAR AFTER DATE OF PICTURE TAKE, WHAT YOU DO BETWEEN THEN IS UPTO YOU

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD YOUR PHOTOS, SHARE THEM VIA SOCIAL NETWORKS AND PURCHASE PRINTS OR OTHER DECORATIONS ON THE APP OR WEBSITE

AROUND 30 PHOTOGRAPHERS ROAM THE PARKS EACH DAY ACCORDING TO DISNEYLAND PARIS'S TWITTER PAGE

ANY RIDE PHOTOS CAN BE ADDED BY SCANNING THE QR CODE, THE SCANNER IS A FEATURE IN THE APP

ANYMORE INFORMATION WILL BE UPDATED HERE 

Thaliel

well that still has me confused on wether you can have pictures on photopass+ printed out directly during your stay
<-Plz click

jackieann

Sounds great... any ide on prices?? Will three children I would have ALOT of pics done.

cazspence

Quote from: Thaliel on September 17, 2014, 01:10:34 AM
well that still has me confused on wether you can have pictures on photopass+ printed out directly during your stay

Yes you can with either. But as said above photopass plus is not in operation yet.

michellemumof2xx

Any ideas when its due to start? Disney brochure says august 2014 so it must have been delayed? Also, do you book it with disney before you go, or can you do it when you arrive? I plan on using this in Feb. Thanks
First trip ever HNY 15th Feb 2014
Second trip to HNY 17th Feb 2015!!!

msRavenswood

It's supposedly coming out in October, just in time for Halloween. Let's see...

I'm sure it will have been released by February, and according to the Photopass site you can pre-book it, not sure though if it can be done before its official launch.

Andybear

I got a normal Photopass and on my last but one day I popped into one of the shops that you could get the photos from.  There was a young couple by the counter and judging from what they were saying, they were having major problems with the new Photopass Plus system and they actually said they wished they'd got the normal Photopass, paid for the photos they wanted then scanned them in at home to email to other people.  I guess it's just teething problems like many new things get.

julesk

Hi, has anyone else used photo pass plus yet? We are going for Half term and I'd like to get this but not sure where to buy it in advance. I have read on trip advisor that there have been cases of photos missing and other peoples pictures on there account. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks

Esti

I haven't used it, but was considering buying it when my family comes next month. However, I haven't seen any photographers aroung the park, except for those with Minnie, Jack Skellington, the princesses, etc. Not even for the Villains' meet n greet! I mean, why do I want to pay so much money if I won't even be able to get one single picture with the castle?

Ridiculous.