Photo pass plus

Started by leese100, September 02, 2014, 04:38:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disneylove

I find it a bit strange that with the annual pass photopass you don't grt the lanyard, and just a card. You think it would be the other way round considering you'll have it for a whole year.

mdw

hi, according to the schedule you can only use your photo pass at 2/3 meet and greets, is this right? i know you can get on ride pics too. My Thompson rep says you can only add it when you are there. do you get one card and one lanyard? Thanks in advance.

nathalie

No, the regular 10-day photo pass comes with 1 credit card size card including lanyard, and 2 smaller cards.

The AP photo pass only has 1 credit card size card.

During EMH there are photographers with all characters.
Once the park opens, not all announced meets that are on the flyer have them.
For example, meeting characters at Jungle Rhythems (near Hakuna Matata), sometimes there is a photographer, sometimes there isn't.

stifle

Quote from: mdw on August 10, 2015, 10:48:53 PM
hi, according to the schedule you can only use your photo pass at 2/3 meet and greets, is this right? i know you can get on ride pics too. My Thompson rep says you can only add it when you are there. do you get one card and one lanyard? Thanks in advance.

Only 3 of the meet & greets are guaranteed to have photographers, usually Princess Pavilion, Meet Mickey Mouse, and Spider-Man. But others may have them.

As you know, the PhotoPass is valid for on-ride photos. Ask the Cast Member at the desk to zoom the photo in if you like, particularly on The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror and Pirates of the Caribbean.

mdw

great, thank you for your information, will definitely be buying one. Hoping Merida will have a photographer as shes only there 45mins a day!

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: mdw on August 11, 2015, 10:28:19 AM
great, thank you for your information, will definitely be buying one. Hoping Merida will have a photographer as shes only there 45mins a day!

She usually has a photographer, not all the time though.
And she's out longer than 45 minutes. The queue is only open for 45 minutes.
But everyone in that queue will still be able to meet her.
And she's also out in the afternoon between 4pm and 5.15pm.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

mdw

Ok great. Any tips on when's best to queue? Hr before it opens?

DLPWonders (Banned)

Quote from: mdw on August 11, 2015, 07:18:51 PM
Ok great. Any tips on when's best to queue? Hr before it opens?

Yup. Last time I started queuing at 10.45 (she was arriving half an hour later) and it was finally my turn at 12.30.
°o° DLP AP holder since '08 - DLP CM 2016  °o° Character catcher | Addicted to books, tea and old musicals | Unconditional love for John Hughes, Woody Allen, Tim Burton, Judy Garland and Helena Bonham Carter. | ''She's a flower child with a rock 'n roll attitude.''

mdw

Thnx sorry it was off topic!

onceuponadream

Quote from: nathalie on February 19, 2015, 06:01:50 PM

Other thing you can do is, take your picture whereever you want, you'll get a photo card anyways, and if there are many, you can have those cards transferred onto the pp+ on a later time at the park.

Sorry to hijack an old-ish thread, but could I please check that you can definitely do this? I'd really like to wait to see how many characters are out-and-about with photographers before booking as this is an extra expense, but don't want to lose out because we haven't bought in advance of meeting someone.
December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club

nathalie

I've done that myself, so the info I'm giving is real   :)

We managed to put about 11 photo cards onto a Photo Pass +

I don't think it's much extra, if you already buy 1 picture it's about 15 €.
If you buy the photo pass, we have over a 100 photo's from just 3 days already (and there's only 2 of us going each time).

onceuponadream

Thanks, nathalie, that's really helpful. There's a lot of different information about the photopasses so I just wanted to make doubly sure :). Looks like we'll be doing this then!
December 2015 - Sequoia Lodge
December 2016 - Sequoia Lodge
July 2018 - Newport Bay Club