The Tubbs family trip August 2013 DAY 5,6,7 ADDED/COMPLETE

Started by tubbsy, July 29, 2013, 03:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

OK, Polar Vixen, you still get a card, but they pop a band on too. We could pop a mobile number on in case Rob strayed, which I really liked. Yes, they are supposed to wear it all holiday, so I made sure it wasnt too tight, so we could slip it off to go swimming and for Rob to sleep at night. You need to be careful that it doesnt slip off too easily though and I can see people with sensory issues may find it uncomfortable. Rob wears bands for him to chew instead of biting himself, so it didnt bother him too much. But we did have tears when we first tried to put it on. Although, as soon as Rob got in both parks he asked where he should go if we got separated. (Years of training paying off! WOOHOO!)

Chewy was around about 5:00pm-5:30pm .... He was tucked round the corner-as if you were going round the back to Fantasy Land.

Buzz.....
Right, huddle in close people ... *Shhhhhhhhh!*  :-$ I am sure there are more ways of getting high scores, but these are the ones I know of .....
Click on show below......
[spoiler:3d4mmr57]The best ones to hit are diamond and triangles and you need to hit them in the middle.
Also, hit any boxes that you think may contain higher point targets hidden inside.
When you get into the dark tunnel with the lights, there are targets on the ceiling.
The Zurgs have diamonds and triangles on them and around them-try and hit those.
In the last room with Zurg, everyone is facing, firing a Zurg. Wait until you've been flashed by the camera, then spin round. There is one of those hidden boxes, but its really close. Hit it, it pops open and there is a target in there that you can hit repeatedly. Watch your score sky rocket!
Apparently there are also hidden targets on Zurgs chests-Never worked them out-if you hit one of those, then you immediately get top score![/spoiler:3d4mmr57]
OK? Got it? Right! This conversation NEVER happened! Your laptop will self destruct in 30 seconds...... :-"

:lol:

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

tubbsy

The week was going WAY to fast! :( I really wish we could slow time down.

So Friday arrived. Breakfast was in Plaza Gardens again. Everyone was more awake, although Mark and now Steph were full of cold and feeling a bit rubbish to be honest, so it was a slow potter into the park for EMH and breakfast.
We had decided to that we would do all the outside rides in Studios this morning. But we had time to try and beat each other on Buzz first-we are not competitve at all!
Then it was time to get photos in front of the castle....

The rope was about to drop, so we wandered over to POTC.
Then decided to head over to Studios. I had warned Rob that the queue for Crush builds really quickly, so we probably wouldnt be able to ride, but we were in luck! Steph and Mark stood and waited whilst Rob and I dashed on. It felt a lot darker than last time we rode it three years ago ... Or am I just getting old????

Crush done and dusted for the holiday ... (WOOHOO!) we headed over to Tram Tours.
When we went on three years ago, I wondered what it was still doing there. My lot wanted to ride it this time, so I thought "Think of it as time to rest my feet."
Well, it actually wasnt that bad! All screens were working. The canyon seemed to have lost something-Did the lorry catch fire before?
The London scene was as good as I remember-made people in our carriage jump  :lol:
If they could find some way to put a few costumes in some sort of building when talking about costumes, then it would all make sense.
We then decided to wander around and take a few pics-so up to the throne and umbrella and photos of cars from Moteurs Action jumping over Mark and the kids.

We popped in to see our mate Stitch, had some lunch, before walking over to Toy Story Playland. Unfortunately, I deemed the queue for parachute drop was too long for Rob to stand in, so I promised him we would shoot over the next morning and get straight round to the parachutes.
So we took a ride on Slinky Dog. More photos were taken and then we wandered round to Cars Race Rally....
Well! Robs pass was a God send here!!! *REALLY?????* Yes, really! We walked into the queue line and Rob screamed and covered his ears!!! The music was BLASTING out! A complete sensory overload for him. I had left his ear defenders back in the room because, frankly, he hadn't needed them.
So Mark said he would run Rob round to the disability entrance to see if it was more bearable there. Luckily, it was a lot quieter, so Rob felt comfortable standing there. When the CM came over, he said that it would be one more go before Mark and the kids were loaded. But we explained it was more that the music was too loud in the queue line and we were happy to wait here-this was much quieter. He said OK. But Mark and the kids were still loaded pretty quickly.

We then made our way round to Aladdins Carpets....

*SNIGGER*
Steph looks SOOOOOOO impressed!

Poor old Mark and Steph were definately flagging, so we decided to head back to the hotel. I would take Rob for a swim, whilst they both rested.
But we had to make a stop first.....

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

tubbsy

We walk into the hotel, only to run into ....

Chip and Dale were lobbing sweets at the CMs behind the desks! Chip made a grab for the sweet bowl that sits on the Admirals Floor desk, but the CM swiftly removed it, gave him a look and carried on booking in the family she had been dealing with!  :lol:
Dale still had a handful, so he was still terrorising CMs, but Rob managed to grab a photo with Chip.

We dashed upstairs. Rob and I got ready for our swim-Mark and Steph got ready for some peace and quiet!

After our swim, we wandered back into the park, through the shops. Rob found the Peter Pan pin he wanted, so that was purcahsed so he could show Carmen. We then wandered around the fort in Frontier Land and round the rocks and on the Jolly Roger.

Then onto Walts.
It was very busy and I didn't hold much hope of having a window seat to watch the parade. But luck was with us.....

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

tubbsy

The table next to us couldnt see the parade. They had a girl a bit younger than Rob with them, so we invited her to come and stand with Rob. Whilst the kids watched, the Mum and Dad asked us about what he had done in the parks. This was their first day, so we were able to give them some tips.

I really think that the cold was taking its toll on Mark and Steph by now. And three courses every day for a main meal was becoming a bit too much, so unfortunately we didnt do the best job on our meals. But they were still tasty. We loved the fact that, on the premium meal package in Walts, you got a small platter with different starters and, at the end, a small platter with all the desserts. It gave us all a really good opportunity at tasting everything.

It really was time for an early night. Mark and I decided to do some packing, even though we still had one and a half days to go. We had purchased gifts for friends and the kids had spent some of their money, so we needed to sort out where we were going to stash stuff.
So we were actually in bed before 10pm! First time all holiday!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

tubbsy

Shall we get this trip report done and dusted? Lets go for it!

Poor old Mark didnt have the greatest night sleep. We had breakfast in the room, so we could have a slow start to to the day. But he was determined to come out into the parks with us.
(I am so glad I had packed a HUGE medicine bo because it really came in handy!  :( )
Breakfast eaten, we were, amazingly, still in the park for EMH. We walked past the sword in the stone and nobody was there. So we had to have photos.

Then it was off to do Dumbo and Peter Pan. When we got off Peter Pan, the queue was HUGE! The biggest we had seen it all holiday!
We headed out of the park and over to Studios for  Rob and Steph to do Parachute Drop.

Steph took a couple of photos of the Ratatouille Ride too...

Then it was off to Stitch and then Animagique. We managed to have some lunch, before Mark declared he was giving in and heading back to bed.
We walked out of Studios together before Mark went back to the room for a well earned sleep and we headed into the park.
We headed up to the Trading Post so Rob could trade some pins with CMs. We admired the serious pin traders pins. We were amazed at some of their collections!
We then wandered through Adventure Land, heading towards POTC, but then we ran into ...

Brilliant! Louie kept picking on Steph!  :lol:
Then off up into the tree house.
POTC succesfully swash buckled, we headed to Fantasy Land to see if we could spot Carmen so Rob could show her the pin .... Success!

Then Rob wanted to ride Casey Junior .....But first ...

There were some seriously pushy parents waiting to meet Alice, but David, her CM, was fab and really controlled them well. Alice was working a semi circle and was VERY aware who was next. Mad Hatter hats off to the pair of them.

A good ol ride on Casey :)

And then a ride on a horse ...
Before heading over the bridge to catch....

Once the parade had passed us by, we wandered down Main Street, only to spot Duffy Bear.
Now, dear reader, at the beginning of the week, I had explained who Duffy was to my family and they were not interested at all. Well! When Rob saw Duffy stood there he squealed "DUFFY! Mum! Look Duffy! PLEASE! PLEASE! Can we get a photo?"

:D x
Then it was time to head off to Inventions for dinner. As we walked through the doors, Mark was leaning over the stairs waving to us :D He was feeling a little better and ready to grab some tea :) We saw Gepetto and Pinnochio as we walked in, but there seemed to be something going on as they were being ushered away by their CMs......
We were soon seated and drinks brought. But we were sat near a large party who were .... (Be polite Sam!) demanding!
Have you ever heard the saying
"Manners don't cost a pretty penny"
Well, this lot obviously had a pretty penny but didnt have a single manner between them! The manager was stood hovering and he had a rather stern face on him. The family then pretty much attacked Pluto! After that, no characters came over into our area :cry: I felt so bad for them! Our waiter was just run off his feet meeting their demands! It was terrible!

Eventually they left, leaving complete devastation behind them! There were over 50 jelly shots on their table and plates stacked high, even though we had seen our waiter clearing the table constantly whilst they were sat there.

Finally, peace reigned in our room again, but Rob was shaken by it all and it hit him that this was our last night. He began to cry!  :( But who should appear to wipe the tears away? Pluto was brillaint with him

Then Snow White appeared. She remembered us from Wednesday and gave Rob an extra hug too.

Oh dear! Not quite how I wanted our last meal in Disney to be, but I think the terrible behaviour of the table next to us had shaken Rob.
He did, however, still manage to eat his weight in prawns!
Our waiter, another waiter and the manager set about clearing up the mess. We only saw Mickey after this. I think they needed a break after the familys awful behaviour.
I am amazed, though, that they werent asked to leave?......
When we left the table Mark shook Alex, our waiter and the managers hands. Even though this family had been high demanding, they had tried to be attentive to the rest of their guests.

After tears had been wiped and dinner eaten, we made our way back into the park.
It was decided that Star Torus would cheer Rob up and then it was over to POTC and BTM for one last ride.
We then headed over to get a pitch for Dreams. Mark popped Steph and Rob into the Disabilty section as Rob was feeling a little fraut from dinner still, we stood nearby, keeping an eye on them. But we neednt worry. They found a spot and settled down to play some more Professor Layton!

It does amaze me how some people think they can turn up fifteen minutes before the show starts and think they can squeeze into the front!! We were stood by a lamp post so nobody could push in by us, but we did witness some people trying to squeeze their way in and those sitting down telling them "NO!"  :roll:

Dreams was just as amazing as the first time we saw it. Steph said she shed tears again. Bless her!

So then it was time to head back to bed in our lovely room for the very last time.....  :(

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

tubbsy

So onto our last day. :(
Bags packed and breakfast in the room one last time.
We headed in for EMH.
Peter Pan was our first stop. Then Alices Labrynth

And then off to Buzz ....

Where, Rob beat us all!

It had NOTHING to do with us putting our lazers down ...  :-"

Anyone spot Marks cup of tea? .....  :lol:  
Then it was time for one last ride on Star Tours, before heading off for our ferry home :(
Look! We did get to see the Eiffel Tower!  :lol:

The trip home was uneventful and we were soon back home. :(

So thats it. Over and done with :( Fingers crossed we will get back soon. But Steph is off to university in a few weeks. So unbelievably proud of her, getting amazing results and going to her uni of choice :D But it will cost us a pretty penny! So not sure when we will get back again ....

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

tubbsy

When we got home we sent an email to DLP saying how much we had enjoyed our trip and naming CMs who had gone the extra mile. And we have received a reply.

Dear Mrs Tubbs,
Thank you for your correspondence concerning your recent visit to Disneyland® Paris.

I was delighted that you again returned to the resort earlier this month and I would like to thank you for your continuing fidelity.

It is always a great pleasure to hear from our Guests especially those who take the time to write, telling us of their positive experiences at Disneyland Paris.

Indeed, I was delighted to learn of your impressions and to know that your visit was such a success. Going beyond each Guest's expectations and offering a warm welcome has always been paramount to Disneyland Paris. Therefore, it is truly encouraging to know you were so happy with your stay.

Please be assured that your kind words have been forwarded on to the Cast Members mentioned. I am sure that they will be delighted to receive such positive feedback.

Disneyland® Paris hopes to soon have the opportunity to welcome you once more to the resort.

Yours sincerely,

Claire Carrington
Guest Communication

:)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

tubbsy

I will just say, I do appreciate that forum members who go regularly probably do see a lot of problems with the park. Yes, we did spot areas that were tired and seats on Star Tours blocked off.
BUT we saw a lot of maintenance going on-Rooms in NPB were closed for renovation, we constantly saw areas being painted and repaired. And we saw a whole batallion of suited and booted officials walking around with clip boards with blue prints and lists on, talking with CMs. It all looked very positive to us :)

I do have to say that my big problem with DLP was other guests. No respect. Smoking was terrible on Saturday (not so bad the rest of the week) and the way that certain guests think that it is right to behave the way they did is very, very sad. I did a LOT of social skill building with Rob this holiday-He queued for pretty much every ride. But it is hard to do, when people with no additional needs can behave so badly!
In fact we did have a woman go over to the disabilty secion on Parachute Drop when Steph and Rob were queueing in the main line and have a go!
"What makes these people so special they can queue hop? Why should they get extra special treatment?"
I did say, quite loudly "Have two kids on the autistic spectrum and then tell me if you think we get extra special treatment!!!"
Sorry, but I found this quite upsetting. My kids are high functioning and are doing very well, but I know for some parents, they have it a lot harder :(

But, lets ignore the bad behaviour of the minority.
At the end of the day-Our holiday was amazing and we have some incredible memories to keep us going until we can go again.

One last thing. Thank-you so much to the forum members - for your support in helping us plan our holiday and the wonderful comments on my report :)
Hopefully you have found it interesting and helpful in planning your own holiday dreams. xx

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

gemma2806

Tubbsy your report has been excellent! I love the photos and I'm so pleased that you and your family had such a lovely time despite the colds!

You're right in saying that the minority of rude guests are the problem, it's such a shame that a minority can have such a negative effect on your enjoyment at the time. I often find that CMs have much more patience with these people than me! You were well within your rights to speak up about it especially to the woman having a go at your kids, that just wasn't on. I really enjoyed my holiday last year but there were two incidents that left a sour spot. One where a grown woman shoved my 2yr old out the way to push forward to see a character, she actually made my son cry with the force she shoved him, disgraceful. The second where my son was walking with me to the toilets and a random older child felt that for the fun of it he had the right to walk past my son in the opposite direction and punch him square in the stomach! This was it for me and I followed the child to his family where despite the fact they were Spanish his mum fully understood what I said and couldn't apologise enough for her son's behaviour, needless to say the smacking he got from her did actually leave me feeling uncomfortable.

Hopefully you will get to go back ASAP but I'm also in the situation where after this visit, I'm not sure when I'll be able to get back either.

ed-uk

It was nice that you took the time and sent an email to DLP saying how much you had enjoyed your trip, something I have never done but could have, in the future i hope to do so.
Yes, bad guest behaviour can spoil the magic for some people, but not for you. The world and his wife goes to DLP and when you get big crowds of people there are often a few bad pennies around with no manners.
I have never taken children to DLP and i'm glad that you and yours had such a good time.
Ed & David

Ravenseye

Thank you for sharing your trip  :D
You are right, the lorry/tanker on the backstage tour did used to 'explode' into dramatic flames, ive got some fab pics of it from our previous trips. It's a huge effect to omit so i'd be disappointed to find that it was scrapped. I guess it is a very expensive effect though, and if something had to go it made sense to the powers that be.
I empathize with you over rude, ignorant people who choose to stare/ask loudly 'why do they get special treatment?' as we encountered that on our holiday in June. My partner has mobility issues and we got preferential treatment at the airport etc...I could feel peoples eyes burning into me as we 'queue jumped'....I felt like shouting 'how about you try living like this for even one day just to be at the front of queues!!' Grrr. I'm guessing DLP wont be much different  :(

Glad you had a good trip :D
Disneyworld 1990
Disneyland Paris 1996, 2002, 2004, 2013, 2014...

tubbsy

Thank you guys for your feedback
gemma and ravenseye-your experiences are much worse than mine-I am glad to say that, in a whole week, we only had a few incidents. But it does still amaze me how people can be so rude :(
Glad I didnt imagine the tanker-Its a shame the explosion has gone though.
Thank you ed-uk. I am pleased I wrote. I am sure they hear many a complaint, so it was great to write and say how each and every CM we came across had the real Disney magic about them :)

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

lindavdende

Thanks Tubbsy for the great report! I really enjoyed reading it and seeing all your pictures!!
You are totally right to tell that person off. She had no right to judge anyone and should be thankfull she doesnt have to use things like that. I think youre doing a great job with Steph en Rob!

Aurora1

Thanks for writing a report! I really enjoyed reading it! You have a very livley way of writing!

I`ll try the tips for Buzz!
 Aurora1

missoverexcited

I really enjoyed your trip report, it has made me more excited about my trip next year if that's possible!