The Tubbs family trip August 2013 DAY 5,6,7 ADDED/COMPLETE

Started by tubbsy, July 29, 2013, 03:38:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubbsy

Ok, Ok, so we still have a few days to go! Just be grateful I didnt start the pre-trip part back in January when we booked! :p
So, we are going back after three long years! Its too long

*Cue Barboza in my head .... "For too long I've been parched of thirst and unable to quench it. Too long I've been starving to death and haven't died. I feel nothing. Not the wind on my face nor the spray of the sea...... "

AHEM! Get a grip Sam!

Anyhoo! ...
So who is on our trip?
Me (Obviously!) Sam, 21 and a very beautiful 5'10 model.... OK, so double the age and quadruple the waistline and skip the beautiful bit-lets go for pleasant looking at a distance :p .....
DH- Mark-Long suffering husband. Likes Disney-Loves Meg from Hercules  :roll: His favourite thing about our Disney holidays is people watching ... and not any people ... just us :) He loves to see how happy we are!

DD - Steph - 18- Off to uni and so this may be our final family holiday (cant see it somehow!)

DS - Rob - 10 - His support teacher has know since January how long we have til we go to Disney!  :)

(Taken in Legoland Windsor)

We are travelling overnight from Portsmouth to Caen, then driving down to the magic. Now last time, dear Susie Satnav took us through the center of Paris ... I am really hoping it doenst take us that way again, but you never know!

We are stopping at the Newport Bay, Admirals floor
And we are eating at
Cafe Mickey (With a birthday cake for Rob (Its a small surprise! I hope it goes well-little nervous that it wont overwhelm him...)
Blue Lagoon
Inventions
Walts
Steakhouse
and then back to Inventions for our last night.

Our intentions are!.......
To see Dreams! Steph has avoided watching ANYTHING to do with it! I will pack more tissues as I think she may cry!
The parade
The train
A day in paris .....
To see at least one Princess
To see Mickey
To do descent of the stairs .....
To ride Big Thunder Mountain more than once! Last time it was down so much, we only managed to ride it once :(
Anything else is a bonus!

I would really love to do a tour of Disneyland Park, but still working on DH on that one :)

We have the paperwork for Rob to have an exit pass (ASD), but we will do a lot of life skill building this time.
We will make the most of EMH, eat lunch and dinner early, so whenever anyone else is eating, we will be riding.
Make the most of the fastpasses where we can and just learn to be patient when we queue.
We go to Legoland and Chessington a lot and we have had practice, making sure Rob doesnt feel crowded and playing daft games in the queues!
Oh and when its too much, we have NPBs pool to go and cool off in!

So now we only have a few days to go, the packing begins!  
 :D/   :D/   :D/   :D/   :D/

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club

never2old

Have a great time!!!!

jackieann

All sounds fab... we are on countdown to 2 and half weeks for us yey!!!!

gemma2806

I'm already excited to read your trip report!

Have an amazing time, I still have to wait till November before I can set foot on sacred Disney ground again!

DLP-Photos.com

I am very much looking forward to reading your trip report! :-)

Have a magical trip all four - the parks are shining in the sunny Parisian summer right now :-)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

ecila

Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful trip! Have a lovely time :)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (May 2002)
- Davy Crockett\'s Ranch (Oct 2006)
- Santa Fe (June 2012) Trip report here]
//http://www.magicforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13794

Shannon

Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful time! I hope that the weather stays nice for you :) I'm looking forwards to your trip report already!

[size=85]June 2012 - Santa Fe
March 2013 - Cheyenne - (Trip Report)
March/April 2014 - Cheyenne[/size]

tubbsy

Thanks all! :D

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

Asma

Just reading that made me very excited :D/  Have fun =D>  :ears:

Aurora1

Have a great time! Hope you achieve all your goals! But most of all I wish you a wonderful time as a family!!

julesk

Hope your all having an amazing trip and the weather is ok. Cant wait to read your trip report and also very interested to see how your day trip to Paris goes.  :D

tubbsy

Hi all! Having a fab time, but DH  not 100%. Its no biggy, but dealing with two asd kids in Paris when one adult isnt firing on all cylindars seemed like a mad idea :( We feel safer in the parks, close to our hotel if either kid is finding it too much. Oh well! We will just have to come back again to do Paris!

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

julesk

So sorry to hear your plans arnt running to plan so far. I have to agree, being in the parks does feel very safe when your have children with health problems. Fingers crossed the rest of your trip is amazing and great excuse to go back to sample Paris sooner rather than later  :)

tubbsy

Well the check list is all ticked apart from Paris and we are off to investigate if we can do a tour of one of the parks instead, so its all good apart from DHs cold :) Just chiling in the room before heading off for a swim and leaving DH for a sleep! ..

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia

DLP-Photos.com

Such a shame about your Paris trip, but wonderful to hear that everything else is going according to your plan! Then it sounds like you are having a fab time :-)

I cannot wait to read your trip report once you have returned.

Enjoy the rest of your stay :-)
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]